“Fish Soup!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Waterrow
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Country pub. All our food is homemade using local produce where ever possible. We have a childrens menu and welcome dogs in the bar area on a lead. Some of our rooms are dog friendly as well. Lunch and dinner reservations are recomended although not always necessary.
London
“Fish Soup!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Last week I visited The Rock Inn and had, as usual, a tremendous meal. However, I made the huge mistake of not having the fish soup. Other members of my party took great delight in teasing me with their fabulous soup. So annoyed was I that I had to nip in this week for my fix of fish soup. Twas marvellous! Thank you Ruth and Daren.

3 Thank RestaurantReviewer01

Dover, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a great lunch at the Rock Inn, the food was amazing and the service outstanding. We will definitely visit again when we are in the area. Highly recommended

Visited July 2014
4 Thank M D
Witheridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Would recommend anyone to go here. By far the best meal that we have ever had out. Also very good value. Have not found anywhere else that serves food to this standard. Child friendly, service was brilliant as well. Can not fault this pub in anyway at all. We have now had Sunday lunch here, and dinner during the week and at a weekend.

4 Thank Mouseberry1
Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food but a bit pricey”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Visited weekday lunchtime - not too busy.
Fish and chips excellent as was the crab the better half had.
Ate outside as weather wonderful and watched the world go by - adjacent to fairly busy road.
Tawny ale OK but not the best I have ever had. Landlady pleasant and helpful.
Up market pub - would visit again

1 Thank Roger T
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Rock On Again!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Ba ck for lunch this time. After dinner in March, as I wrote my review I saw many mentions of the Cornish Fish Soup, with spiced mayonnaise, with opinions so full of praise that I decided I had to see if it was worth all the fuss.

It was! A beautifully cooked, flavoursome, soup with chunks of firm fish in it, accompanied by three individual bowls of croutons, gruyere cheese, and spiced mayonnaise, which does work very well, plus local bread. Enough is as good as a feast, and this made for the perfect lunch, when washed down with a pint of Doom Bar.

3 Thank Tony_K56