“Very nice Hotel”

Guillem Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Encamp
“Very nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I've stayed at the Hotel for 1 week with my brother and friend. The hotel in general is very nice!
First of all I want to say many thanks to Irene at the reception for her help and kind assistance during our stay! Concerning accommodation I might say that rooms at the main building are renovated and much better than at the old one ( where gym and spa complex are located). We lived in the old building in two-bedroom room. Furniture looks quite old, beds are rather comfortable but very squeaking even when you turn around during the night, pillows are too small ( but I asked for one more at reception and that was ОК). The main point is that all that rooms doesn't have radiator and we used to dry our ski costumes and other things on the heated floor..:( It was also rather cold in the room , but I asked for an additional electric heater which saved us :) However there was no socket in one bedroom and only one free in another. So that was a bit of a problem to heat both rooms...
I like sport and go to gym at home. So I might say that hotel's gym could be a little more modern and diverse ( with some new simulators, but it for those who need to work with "iron") as for treadmills there are numbers of them.
Pool and sauna are quite nice and help you to recover after skiing and snowboarding!
Food was extremely tasty and various for breakfast and dinner as well. In the morning there were always boiled, scrambled and fried eggs, sausages, sandwiches, toasts, tomatoes, cheeses ( brie also), yoghurt, apple sause, lots of baked goods, different corn flakes and juices. Dinner is by menu. Everyday different and haven't repeated ever during the week. Fish, Seafood, Meat, Soup, Desserts etc. everything delicious!
So I'll definately come again to this Hotel but only in the new building! :)
Again thanks a lot for kind assistance to all hotel's staff! It was a great surprise when we were given a bag with breakfast when check-out at night. Thank you very much for beeing so attentive and kind to your guests! Hope to see you next year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

My family stayed here for a skiing holiday in the last week of Jan. It was excellent. The facilities are fantastic and the staff very friendly.
There is plenty to do in the hotel and lots of space to sit and relax after a hard day skiing.
The food is great and the rooms spacious, light, clean and modern.
We stayed here for the second week of our holiday after previous weeks stay in the ST Gothard hotel in Arinsal. (See another one of my reviews for that one. Not good) and wish we had stayed at the Guillem for both weeks.
Being honest, the only thing I can think of that wasn't so good is the parking. There is an underground car park that is available at the hotel but, the charges are pricey. We parked in a car park about a 2 min walk for next to nothing so really can't complain.

• Stayed January 2014
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed one night when passing through Andorra during a late summer trip - we thus managed to miss both summer walking and winter ski seasons so not much was happening. It is a lovely place to visit though even at this time of year and the Guillem Hotel was a great choice for accommodation. The staff could not have been friendlier and made us very welcome. The pool complex with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room as well as an indoor pool was fantastic - we had it to ourselves for an hour and it was very relaxing - although it's plenty big enough for larger numbers. The hotel is ideally placed for ski trip and walking and is within easy walking distance of plenty of restaurants, bars and supermarkets in Encamp itself. The cable car was closed when we were there but you could easily walk to it from the hotel. We parked in the nearby above-ground car park which was reasonably price but there is also an underground car park next door (although the entrance was a bit tight). The hotel does possibly have car parking but it looked closed up so we just parked next door.
Breakfast was excellent - the coffee machine proved a bit tricky for most of the guests at first so a bit of a queue formed but once a member of staff helped us all out it was much easier. The spread of food was great - lots of choice and replenished as necessary.
Finally, a note on our room - I had booked the cheapest double available so was pretty impressed with our fabulous room. We had a huge window onto a balcony with chairs/table but the most impressive thing was the view - fantastic views of the mountains surrounding us. The room itself was a good size - large really with a good sized bathroom including a full-size bath. Definitely a hotel to recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaTh
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights just before Easter on a late booked ski trip. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful on check in and organising ski hire & ticket. The room was very comfortable and clean but, echoing a previous comment, I would like tea & coffee making facilities in the room as I am an early riser and like a coffee first thing. The wi-fi in the room was surprisingly fast for a hotel as well.

The breakfast buffet was ample with a good choice of cooked (Although the bacon in mainland Europe is never crispy enough) and continental offerings. Dinner was a choice of 3 starters/mains and desserts with mostly meat and fish. Generally tasty and filling (my steak one evening was a tad tough), very welcome after a days skiing.

The pool and spa area was clean and well kept, not huge but if you time it right you can get the place to yourself. The gym area had a few machines but they were more the sort you get at decathlon rather than serious equipment.

The ski train stops just across the Plaça in front of the hotel and takes you to the Funicamp (cable car) which takes 20 minutes to get you to the slopes. Including picking up my skis at the hire shop it was about 40 mins from the hotel to the first run of the day. There are ski lockers at the hotel if you need them but the less I have to walk in ski boots the better and I preferred to leave mine at the shop each day.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Guillem and would certainly stay there again if I was in Andorra!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank elfrodo
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed in this hotel for skiing holidays in Feb 2013, family of three with a 9 year old child.
Overall the impression of the hotel is very good. Guillem is a larger friendly hotel with easy access and good facilities.
The staff at the hotel organised the ski-school and ski-passes for us, there is also a discount for ski-rents in an associated shop next to the slopes - the service at the hotel was great, especially because we could pay for all the things (ski rent, lift passes, drinks) in one go, at the time it suited us and without queues!
Rooms are large - we had a separate bedroom for adults, TV, sofa, extra bed, two small balconies - great. All furniture and fittings, the floors and walls are in a good state of repair and are clean. Public areas are clean and nice, small bar for a late evening drink and a "common room" with a fire place add charm and value.
The wellness facilities are not bad - there is a Sauna, a Turkish Bath, Hot and "not too hot" water jacuzzi as well as a swimming pool. All usable by children and adults alike. The sauna is quite small (sits about 6) for such a large hotel.
We had breakfast and dinner there (a la carte menu with starter/main/desert). It is OK. Unfortunately "just ok". Breakfast is "what you would expect" - full English + the standard continental buffet. For the dinners I would wish more salads and "healthier choices", the mains were always two fish and two meat dishes, usually accompanied by pasta or potatoes.
It is MUCH farther from the lift than it looks on the map - you will have to take the "train" to the slopes; it runs every 10-15 minutes, but you might miss one at busy times: there are just too many people trying to get to the slopes on time for ski-school.
If we are going to Andorra again, Guillem will certainly be on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the "Building #1" are closer to the bar & restaurant, Building #2 has direct...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Max W
El Tarter, Andorra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I often travel with my four year old son as my sole companion, I often find hotel receptions can be very frosty when they see me coming, howerve, the staff at the Hotel Guillem couldn't of been kinder. They played with my son while I booked in, then helped me carry my bags to my room.

The room was incredibly spacious, with huge cupboards and very clean, the decor was unusual (picture Autum leaves) but on reflection, a nice change from some of the more sterile hotel rooms I have stayed in over the years.

I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of a bar fridge or tea and coffee making facilities however, this seems to be quite common in European Hotels. The restaurant was excellent and very family friendly, the surrounding area was quiet and peaceful in the evening. The Hotel is located on the edge of a plaza and if you choose not to eat in the hotels restaurant there are a number of local restaurants within a five minute walk.

Another super plus to the Hotel is it's kid zone, sometimes, it's nice for children to have their own area to go and play, my son had a lot of fun making friends with other children and playing on a huge jumping castle that had been erected for a wedding party.

The spa is fantastic, my son and I had a wonderful time playing in the pool and relaxing, they didn't have rules plastered on every surface like some hotels and they tended to trust to the parents common sense.

This hotel is one of those little gems that you sometimes come across, I I happily recommend it to families and couples alike.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FoxDylan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

31 December 7 January 2012, fabulous new year dinner , plenty of food, great staff , would reccomend for 100 %

• Stayed December 2011