We stayed at the Hotel in early April 2013 and at the low season…
This is location, location, location hotel! But at what price?
The hotel is as close as you can get to the La Massana ski bubble! So you get your ski boots inside the room, pick up the skis in the basement and walk 50m to the ski teleferic!
But the price is:
1. The hotel is very noisy and the fourth start is actually missing
2. The parking is almost 20o euros, what I consider a robbery… considering that the hotel is a sort of roundabout without even the possibility to stop the car!
3. The food is lower standard (I’ve eaten much better at 3 star hotels in Andorra)
4. The spa is not worth the name
5. The staff at restaurant/buffet were abusing
The noise inside the rooms make it impossible to sleep until late in the night…. Every night it seem like we were in a terror movie. This was until 1 am ... In low season (I can imagine in high season!!!)
The bar and the main hall are all connected and have an opening up to the last floor (we were in the 3rd floor)… there is noisy people all night long in the bar… and then people speaking and saying goodbye from one floor to another…. It is just terrible:
- first: how can a 4 start hotel allow this behaviour from other guests (after 22-23h)
- second: how can a 4 star hotel does not have a second internal door in the room (there is more than enough space) to improve the soundproofing of guests… Also another option would be to isolate the ground floor from the rooms…
- at dinner: the food was lower standard, not properly and carefully cooked. Even the live grilled was a disaster. I had a bit of grilled salmon that was so overdone and dry…..
- all drinks are charged, even water.
- at breakfast: the pastry was just appalling and could not even be disguised with nutella. The yogurt was from a 50l bucket (industrial natural yogurt) that was used for several days (and maybe reused)
- the coffee was from a standard 2-3 start hotel machine
- well I would just comment that the pool is just a big laundry tank….
- The fitness room has 3 machines and 1 (the elliptic) is just not working at all…
- all the spa only opens at 13h (so no morning exercise possible at all)
The personnel at the restaurant was not up to the standard. When asked for proper yogurt, a waiter went back to the kitchen and come back with the 50/30l bucket of industrial natural yogurt (already less than half and the breakfast was just open… so the bucket was opened a few days before), we accepted (Ialso not sure if we were ging to be thrown the bucket) the fact but the waiter wanted to give more justifications or speak more… we mentioned to him that the conversation was terminated… but even then he came back 5 minutes latter…. And then another 5 minutes later… until we got upset and told him to stop it! Then it stop (but he kept the conversation and the topic with the other staff)…. Never asked for another thing from the staaf until I left!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Magic Ski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.