The Old Mill Hotel & Restaurant
US$148
US$103
US$202
US$196
East Ayton Lodge(East Ayton)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Expanse Hotel(Bridlington)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquiet locationpleasant viewwill visit againfriendly hostsbed and breakfastpiping hotopen countrysidelittle gemexcellent breakfastfull english breakfastlovely placean evening mealcar parkshort breakold millgarydogs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Over the holiday weekend whilst visiting relatives in the area we came across this lovely little hotel and restaurant which is just off the main road in the village of Langtoft. We can highly recommend the 2 course carvery meal which is very good value. I chose the home made crab cakes which were delicious and for my main the roast beef and home made Yorkshire puddings the beef was excellent and locally sourced tasted wonderful. We all enjoyed our meal and would definitely return when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura100895
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the Old Mill Hotel for three nights in March and loved it. The hotel is situated in pretty countryside some distance from Langtoft so it is very quiet and peaceful, but you do need a car. My room was a nice size with a pleasant view over farmland, comfortable and warm. I always look for a hotel with wifi in the room and I was pleased to find it had a strong signal.

However, it is the owners that make this hotel really special. Gary and Kathy take trouble to ensure that everything is as it should be, and it shows. The meals were all delicious and very good value. I only treat myself to a full English breakfast on rare occasions and it was outstanding. The evening meals were also excellent, with much more choice than I expected.

I would stay at the Old Mill again in a heartbeat, winter or summer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front look out over countryside, whereas the ones on the back have a courtyard view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank innspectre
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We visited here on a whim after reading good reviews about it and we're not disappointed. The staff were attentive from the first moment up until we left and couldn't have been more helpful. The food arrived quickly and unlike a lot of places,was hot rather then microwave warm...it felt like the meal had been cooked especially for us rather then in bulk. My partner had the lamb shank and the meat literally fell off the bone with "proper" gravy which was "to die for". The setting was quiet and felt very homely... A place where you can be just as comfy dressed up or dressed down. A lot of thought has obviously gone into it all. Well worth a visit if in the locality. If I had to find one fault it would be that the menu wasn't that extensive but I'm sure the chef would be more then willing to go the extra mile.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrisdelliott
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We needed a venue at short notice for gathering of family & friends (funeral). Kathy at the Old Mill was brilliant. Sympathetic, sensitive and caring and making everything run like clockwork. We arranged a hot & cold buffet which went down very well with all the guests. There was such a selection of food that my only disappointment was that I couldn't try everything. We thought there would be around 80-90 guests. In the event there were around 110. This didn't phase Kathy at all, she just made the whole sad event run seamlessly. I particularly liked the photo slide show of our photographs on the TV. As everyone left those 3 lovely Labradors wandered in much to the delight of the remaining guests, they were so friendly and chilled out. For any catering event I would highly recommend the Old Mill.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank flysplat
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The weekend was an absolute pleasure. The nine bedrooms were all booked for our guests and they all commented on how pleasant and comfortable they were. The various meals meal served were well presented and freshly made and enjoyed by everyone. The Murder Mystery happened before, during and after the meal and was quite hilarious. We would definitely recommend the company - Rusticus.
The owners of the hotel worked hard but unobtrusively to make sure that all needs were catered for and from our 26 guests there was nothing but praise for the event. We would highly recommend the hotel too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends