My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights in Langdale, and had a wonderful time. I'd chosen the room based on the beautiful four poster bed and the real fire, and we weren't disappointed. The informal set up of the hotel really suited us, from the honesty bar to the large shared dining table.
We had dinner at the hotel on our first night, and each course was delicious - I'd recommend it. Breakfasts were also great, a good selection of high quality food.
We also really enjoyed learning about the history of the building in the information provided in the room, and the photo book in the music room. Having facilities to store food in the small kitchen was also really handy, and made the place feel very homely.
The staff were really friendly and helpful, giving us tips on how to connect to the wifi (go downstairs to connect then take your device upstairs) and suggestions for where to eat out. A place like this can't run so well without brilliant staff so they really made our stay.
We'd love to stay again and try out another of the beautiful rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit England five star accommodation, Augill Castle sits where the Yorkshire Dales meet the Lake District. Unlike anywhere you have ever stayed before, it is famously family friendly, relaxed and informal. Great for parties, weddings or for just being somewhere away from it all. Enjoy England's Guest Accommodation of the Year in 2009 and Sawday's Special Places to Stay Favourite British Hotel in 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Augill Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Augill Castle Hotel South Stainmore
- Augill Castle Cumbria/South Stainmore, UK