“Stayed here a couple of times, will stay again”

ALT Tower Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We've stayed here a couple of times, about 4 nights each time in a two-bedroom apartment. The apartment was not very big but it was alright for us as we were out most of the time.

We like the apartments due to its close proximity to the city (about 15 minutes by car/25-minute tram ride) and free undercover parking. There is also a small convenient store next door and a Red Rooster outlet within walking distance.

We consider other similar apartments each time we visit Melbourne but still end up booking this place because of all its positives at the price suitable to our budget.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gt2013

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Close to everything including trams, clean, comfy beds, huge deep bath and great water pressure, fantastic view especially at night - lovely rooftop sky garden on level 8 and customer service was wonderful - decent gym, secure undercover parking - we loved it

Room Tip: u may do well to bring a few towels - they only provide 1 set for the entire stay we asked for a hi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I will definately make this my place to stay when visiting Melbourne. The staff could not have been more helpful. We asked for extra bedding, a hair dryer and for the heating to be turned down. When we returned a couple of hours later, all our requests had been met. The only thing I could fault as far as the apartment goes, was the fact that the beds are a little too hard for my taste. I requested a room on the Mt Alexander Rd side of the building. We were on the 18th floor and could not hear any traffic - and the view was magnificent. The Foodworks downstairs is very handy and the staff very helpful also. The 59 tram to the city is just outside and we only ever waited a couple of minutes before one came along - except Sunday.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room on the Mt Alexander Rd side and as high as possible
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicki W
Reviewed 6 August 2014

In all my years of traveling nationaly and internationally this has got to be the worst hotel I've every stayed at! Service was terrible & the apartment NOT as promised! The air con wasn't working, they promised to fix it but never heard from them again in all the 10 days we were there! They promised us they'd go buy a heater for us but never saw that either! Pillows were aweful & no decent blankets, it's the middle of winter and coldest it's been in 40 years and we had the thinnest "throw" blanket on our beds with no heating! You get one towel for the whole 10 days and yes there's a washing machine but no spare towel for while your washing the first one. The bin in the kitchen is miniature you fit about one banana skin in it and then the waste area was extremely smelly and a mess! The wind blows in through the closed windows and when we got there 1/2 the lights didn't work! Do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank sharrynmcnamara
altapartments, Manager at ALT Tower Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been taken seriously and we apologise that you did not enjoy your stay.

I do not normally respond to customer feed back as we normally take it as a learning opportunity to improve our service. However, in this instance I feel the need to defend our hotel reputation.

Below in point form I would like to respond on your experiences and comments during your stay:

1. Heating - Unfortunately on your first night of stay we had a malfunction with our heating that affected the whole building. This was addressed that night. The next morning you attended reception and spoke with me directly about your heating still not working. I had an additional two blankets per bed supplied to you apartment immediately and advised when our maintenance man was back onsite he'd inspect the heating unit in your apartment. In the afternoon on the same day, my husband and I attended your apartment and inspected the heating unit and found it to be in error. We called the installer and spent sometime on the phone trying to rectify this matter for you. As we were unable to get it back up and running we supplied you with a third additional blanket per bed. We returned a short time later with two floor heaters but you had a left and your friend advised this would be suffice. We also arranged for a technician to attend on Monday to inspect the AC unit. Unfortunately we were fully booked and were unable to relocate you to another apartment but offered if you needed to find alternative accommodation you could do so and we would not charge you.

2. Lights - On the same morning you attending to reception and notified us of the heating in your apartment, you also informed us you had 2 lights out. I agree this is unacceptable, apologised and advised we'd have this repaired. Later the same day the hall light and bathroom heat light were replaced.

3. Towels – We are onsite management and staff. We can deliver towels at anytime on request when asked. We inform guests they can call anytime if they require anything. I wished you had of called/asked so I could have assisted you.

4. Bin – I do apologise. You requested a larger bin for your apartment and I said I would get this for you and I did not. In regards to our bin rooms on each level, they service 22 apartments per floor. As the signage suggests, we advise our residents the requirements to dispose of their rubbish. I agree bin rooms are not pleasant but thankfully it has its own enclosure separate from all apartments.

Finally if I could take the opportunity to conclude, we always do our best to assist our guests in the best way we can. On your morning of departure, I apologised to you again for the uncomfortable stay you experienced and kindly discounted your stay by $350.

As an Accommodation provider, I would recommend all guests when staying in any accommodation, to come down to reception or call and tell your accommodation provider if you are not happy. That gives us all an opportunity to ensure your stay is always pleasant and comfortable.

Again I apologise to you personally that you felt we did not deliver a service to you during your stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just spent a week here. Could not fault.
Very convenient location,tram outside.
Very clean and spacious, comfortable beds,well equipped kitchen and laundry.Stayed in a corner apartment on 22nd floor..the views were amazing especially at night.
Staff were very efficient...and very welcoming..
We will return on our next trip to Melbourne.

Room Tip: A corner apartment views are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jazzy06
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed there for 9 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment on promotional price and was really worth the price at location near to the city. A tram just outside takes you into the city and Queen Victoria market in 15 minutes.

Service staff was excellent despite slightly overcharging us, did a refund after I feedback when back in my country. We reached there early in the morning and couldn't check in but they manage to get the room ready just before noon. Helpful and friendly staff.

Opposite there is a small supermarket but no eateries nearby.

Free WIFI (Was not working on the last day but generally ok) and Free parking. Rooms are very new and well maintained. Stunning views of the suburb.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cranbe
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have stayed there April/May 2013 and again 2014.
Very nice 2 bedroom apartments on 17th floor. We had corner windows with full view of surrounding areas towards Brunswick, north and Mooney Ponds to the west. Mt.Alexander road has stop just outside
for no. 59 tram to the city. Very clean and serviced free every 5 days or more frequent for a small cost.
Car park included and very secure under cover. Foodworks on ground floor.
Nice large TV and stereo system supplied, full sized fridge and well equipped kitchen.
Washer and dryer inside apartment. Comfortable beds. We love this place. Stay 10 days and they give free wi-fi as well. Very friendly staff. If you are a light sleeper, ask for rooms facing Mt. Alexander road as the side facing the Tollway does have some truck noises filter through which is more noticeable at night.
We have stayed on each side now and to us it was fine, but some may prefer the southern side of the building e.g. Mt. Alexander road side.
We love this place and highly recommend it. We drive from Adelaide to stay there. Nearby Mooney Ponds has a top restaurant I have reviewed called the Brass Tavern.
Dan Murphies not far and Mooney Ponds shopping including Coles etc. :-)

Room Tip: As mentioned if a light sleeper pick a apartment on southern side e.g. Mt.Alexander road side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wolfgang H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Travancore
Parkville
Art Series - The Blackman
#12 of 162 in Melbourne
Docklands
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands

Been to ALT Tower Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!