“Nature relaxtion”

Clil Guest House
Israel
“Nature relaxtion”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The guesthouse is all that we need for our vacation - a beautiful simply built house in the middle of amazing nature with the best terrace you could ever wish for. The hosts, Tami and Oded, are experienced travelers that built their house in a godly corner of the universe - Clil. Their humble yet warm hosting is exactly what you need in such a relaxing place.
The room was warm at night even without the heater and the beds were comfi. Amazing how can all this house be based on independent solar system.
If you don't want to cook yourself in the guest kitchen you can walk 2 minutes into Clil Cafe and enjoy great vegetarian meals - highly recommended.
It was hard to leave but I promised myself it won't be long until I will get back :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Business
  • Hebrew first
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I took 11 American college students to the Clil Guest House, and though the normal occupancy is about 8 or 10 they managed to accommodate us all. This was the best guest house stay of my life. It is so rare that you find so much comfort with so much nature, and this is it. Nicest people ever. I can't say enough. I suggest anyone to stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I visited in Oded & Tami's guesthouse twice - once at winter time when I was traveling alone; the second time was in summer time, with a friend. Each time I spent there 4-6 days. Do yourself a favor - don't come foe less than 2 days! Clil is a special place, one of a kind in Israel, and it takes some time to experiences it.
Both my vacations were great! The guesthouse is clean & simple. For me it was great - a place to rest, to hike, to beach and mostly - to breathe a different air. all that for a fair price and excellent hospitality by Oded & Tami.
I think It's a great place for those who are looking for a peaceful & simple vacation with not to much extras:
The rooms has nothing but beds & a chest.
The guesthouse's bonus is the great shared balcony, in which I spent most of my vacation :)
Also, note that the toilet & bathroom is also public. It's really clean, but I guess it's not suitable for everyone.
It also has a small & nice kitchen, with all the basics you need. for me it was great when I didn't feel like eating outside (though there are some great places nearby!).
Take in account that if you'r not gonna travel with a car, you gonna need to hitchhike (which is no problem, cause people are very friendly).
In my opinion, the guesthouse is lees suitable for kids, since, as I was saying, it's minimal & more of a quite place.
Have Fun!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Beautiful hostel and village to stay (at least 2 nights :)). Just very serene with wonderful views and nature. Everyone we met were very friendly.
You can reach it with public transport and a bit of hitchhiking. Note that in the village itself is no supermarket and atm (and everything needs to be payed with cash) so bring the things you need. There is a fine restaurant where you can go all day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We are a family of 5 and its the second time I am in Oded's (the owner) place, It's a great place to take it easy and enjoy. also with your kits. I recommend that you spend at least two night at the guesthouse and then decide.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a very nice stay in a 4 bed form. The area is beautiful and it is a very interesting village. The kitchen facilities are a little bit limited, but there are stoves and refrigerator. There is a nice atmosphere and you can feel that someone put some thought and passion into this guest house.

• Stayed August 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 21 July 2013

we came to the guest house twice: once alone (a couple+baby) and once with friends. Both times were great -- wonderful atmosphere, beautiful place, great value. The rooms are very nice and clean. all built from wood, cosy. The shared balcony is where we spent most of our time -- with lots of air, fantastic view and comfort. A great place to sit around and talk... was difficult to get ourselves to do anything else.
The shared kitchen is small but well equipped, except for the lack of a fridge... quite understandable when taking into account the fact that electricity is entirely solar. still, for those who wish to cook, it is recommended to bring in advance some ice from the near by gas station there's an ice-box). The shared bathroom was clean and spacious, lots of hot water.
The owners, Oded and Tami, were super friendly and also flexible with check-out time, on both occasions. We got some very good recommendations for things to do around (20 min. drive to the beach or to a wonderful small riverside). We even enjoyed a concert on Friday night! (apparently they have concerts in the near by coffee shop every Friday). Clil is a special place with a special feeling to it.
The price is cheap when comparing to other options of the same sort. very good value for what we paid. we will definitely come back!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
TamiOded, Owner at Clil Guest House, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thanks for the review.
We will definitely put a small fridge as soon as we add more solar panels to the electric system.
Welcome again.
:-)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klil
Rimonim Palm Beach Acre
#2 of 6 in Nahariya
Port Inn
Port Inn
#1 of 23 in Haifa

Been to Clil Guest House? Share your experiences!