“A breath of fresh air.”
Review of Clil Guest House

Clil Guest House
Reviewed 19 May 2014

What a serene, peaceful place. It was exactly what i needed. Affordable, but cozy and clean-- obviously well cared for. Oded made it easy for me to feel right at home. The wood porch has a warmth to it, and an amazing view of the ocean and sky. I took a magical hike in the wadi, played basketball with some kids, shared some delicious food with Oded and some other guests, who were all very sweet, and just felt nourished overall by the experience. It's an ideal place to enjoy quiet time, and be away from the buzz of city life, but at the same time, it's close enough to town that you can go get groceries and hummus if you want. Needless to say (but i'll say it anyway), i loved it, and i'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014
TamiOded, Owner at Clil Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hey Josh
Thanks for the warm words.
Enjoy the remaining days in Israel and have a great time in Europe.
You are very welcome again if you are around.
Shalom,
Oded

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The guesthouse is all that we need for our vacation - a beautiful simply built house in the middle of amazing nature with the best terrace you could ever wish for. The hosts, Tami and Oded, are experienced travelers that built their house in a godly corner of the universe - Clil. Their humble yet warm hosting is exactly what you need in such a relaxing place.
The room was warm at night even without the heater and the beds were comfi. Amazing how can all this house be based on independent solar system.
If you don't want to cook yourself in the guest kitchen you can walk 2 minutes into Clil Cafe and enjoy great vegetarian meals - highly recommended.
It was hard to leave but I promised myself it won't be long until I will get back :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I took 11 American college students to the Clil Guest House, and though the normal occupancy is about 8 or 10 they managed to accommodate us all. This was the best guest house stay of my life. It is so rare that you find so much comfort with so much nature, and this is it. Nicest people ever. I can't say enough. I suggest anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I visited in Oded & Tami's guesthouse twice - once at winter time when I was traveling alone; the second time was in summer time, with a friend. Each time I spent there 4-6 days. Do yourself a favor - don't come foe less than 2 days! Clil is a special place, one of a kind in Israel, and it takes some time to experiences it.
Both my vacations were great! The guesthouse is clean & simple. For me it was great - a place to rest, to hike, to beach and mostly - to breathe a different air. all that for a fair price and excellent hospitality by Oded & Tami.
I think It's a great place for those who are looking for a peaceful & simple vacation with not to much extras:
The rooms has nothing but beds & a chest.
The guesthouse's bonus is the great shared balcony, in which I spent most of my vacation :)
Also, note that the toilet & bathroom is also public. It's really clean, but I guess it's not suitable for everyone.
It also has a small & nice kitchen, with all the basics you need. for me it was great when I didn't feel like eating outside (though there are some great places nearby!).
Take in account that if you'r not gonna travel with a car, you gonna need to hitchhike (which is no problem, cause people are very friendly).
In my opinion, the guesthouse is lees suitable for kids, since, as I was saying, it's minimal & more of a quite place.
Have Fun!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Beautiful hostel and village to stay (at least 2 nights :)). Just very serene with wonderful views and nature. Everyone we met were very friendly.
You can reach it with public transport and a bit of hitchhiking. Note that in the village itself is no supermarket and atm (and everything needs to be payed with cash) so bring the things you need. There is a fine restaurant where you can go all day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We are a family of 5 and its the second time I am in Oded's (the owner) place, It's a great place to take it easy and enjoy. also with your kits. I recommend that you spend at least two night at the guesthouse and then decide.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a very nice stay in a 4 bed form. The area is beautiful and it is a very interesting village. The kitchen facilities are a little bit limited, but there are stoves and refrigerator. There is a nice atmosphere and you can feel that someone put some thought and passion into this guest house.

• Stayed: August 2013

Been to Clil Guest House? Share your experiences!