“Great place for lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gelsmoor

Gelsmoor
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Griffydam
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Really nice place for lunch. Enjoyed the Union Jack Pizza, was very nice and fresh, would definitely return.

Gelsmoor, Owner at Gelsmoor, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Many thanks for your review we look forward to seeing you again soon.

“Why so much cheese?”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have visited Gelsmoor before with my family and although the food is well cooked my main complaint is nearly everything has cheese in. I am not a fussy eater but I can't eat cheese. Nearly all the starters and quite a few mains had cheese in them. I will think twice before going back. Having said that my kids like it and the fish and chips are a generous size portion and well cooked.

2 Thank sue7662
Gelsmoor, Owner at Gelsmoor, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your post and we're glad you enjoyed your Fish & Chips. We are sorry to hear that you found our menu to be so cheesy. We do strive to offer something for all tastes so I'll look into this and see what needs doing to amend the menu options.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Birthday Party”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had our Birthday Celebration at the Gelsmoor last night - Excellent in every way. Fantastic food, Fabulous Service, Friendly Staff. Great menu choice, outstanding delivery of 20 meals all served beautifully hot at the same time with a smile. Can't wait for our next celebration to go back.

Gelsmoor, Owner at Gelsmoor, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased you had such a good evening and everyone enjoyed themselves. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Halifax, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“After visit to NEC”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

George B
4 very tired people called at the Gelsmoor last Sunday after a long day out at the NEC, the restaurant was very busy and we were told that without a reservation we might have to wait quite sometime, we decided to take a chance and ordered drinks from the bar. Before the drinks arrived we were told that if we ordered and were quick we could use one of the reserved tables but we had to be away by 7.00pm. We quickly sat down and ordered just a main course of Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, the meals came within 10 mins the food was excellent. Amazing Mash potato and exellent roast beef topped with Yorkshire pud. I would definitely recommend the Gelsmoor to anyone and I will visit again when in the area.

1 Thank George B
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
“Wide choice of good meals. Wheelchair friendly.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went with my Dad, who is a wheelchair user. Good disabled parking and access with nice wide doors.
Helpful staff to show us to our table, very patient.
Good choice of food. My partner and I had different meals from the fish selection, Dad had steak and kidney pie with chips and mushy peas. All excellent. Pizza on next table looked good.
We were especially pleased because our previous visit had been less enjoyable because we sat close to a table with tired children ( nobody's fault, really)
We will return to The Gelsmoor.