“A gem”

Agriturismo I Cerretelli
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“A gem”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying four nights recently at this gem in the hills. Our apartment was clean, spacious and had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. Gioconda is a warm and gracious owner/innkeeper. She met us in Braga and escorted us in to Tiglio Basso as we had never been to the area before and don't speak Italian. She fixed us breakfast each morning and assisted us in many ways, large and small. I highly recommend this guesthouse...and in fact, already have to relatives.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMS53

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gardanne, France
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 days in this charming agriturismo and it was perfect. Gioconda was really nice with all my family. The place and the apartment was really comfortable. We had good time there for a very good price. I recommend everyone to stop by there if you can, it worth it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicolas D
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in early September this year in the Amelia apartment. We found I Cerretelli on the Agriturismo website and intended to stay for only one night while we toured the area in our rental car. Upon arrival, however, we were so taken with the beauty of the grounds, spaciousness of the accomodations and the lovely, welcoming warmth of the owner, Gioconda, that we decided to stay there as our base of operations. Yes, the roads are a little narrow, but nothing too frightening. Breakfasts were delicious and very generous. The town of Barga has some very good restaurants. Overall, this was the perfect place to stay as a counterpoint to the hectic pace that you experience in Rome and Florence. Definitely have Gioconda set up a dinner at Beppe's for multiple courses that incorporate the "fungi porcini". Get a group together with other guests staying at I Cerretelli and you will have a lot of fun and a great meal at very resonable prices. Beppe's is only 6 km away in Piastroso. Leaving I Cerritelli was difficult - we felt like we were leaving home!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken S
Gioconda L, Proprietario at Agriturismo I Cerretelli, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear my Friends,
thanks a lot for your great review !This is very important for me.
Greetings from your italian house ,
yours Gioconda
Langå, Denmark
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Dear sweet Gioconda & family,

my Family and I were so happy to visit Your beautiful Agriturismo in Tiglio Basso. Everything was perfect, the appartments, nature, weather, the pool, surroundings - everything... just perfect ! So beautiful to wake up in the morning, enjoy the view over the Mountains, go to the restaurant and enjoy your tasty breakfast: coffee, eggs, cheese, bread, your own home made Honey. Just perfect ! We cannot thank You enough for your help and hospitality - we would love to come back another time. Love and kisses to You all in Tiglio Basso from Stina and Kenneth Kirt, Denmark

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Gioconda L, Proprietario at Agriturismo I Cerretelli, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Family,
thanks a lot for your great review!
all the best,
your Gioconda
Werneck, Germany
Reviewed 22 August 2013

To get to the house is quite difficult because of the narrow roads. But The house and the view will compensate this very quick. The house is at the end of a little village and the owners are very nice. The lofts are quite comfortable and theres enough space for a family. The pool is big an you will have a very nice view into the hills. I think the bathrooms have to be redecorated in the nearer future but everything else ist very nice.

When you don`t want to cook by yourself you always have to use your car. The next Restaurants and shops are in Barga. About 7 kilometers down the hill.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gioconda L, Proprietario at Agriturismo I Cerretelli, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Family,
many thanks for your review on TripAdvisor.
reagards,
Minster on sea
Reviewed 21 August 2013

About a 20 minute drive from barga on narrow roads is Tiglio basso
This is a very quiet and small village where access to the actual village is quite tight so I do not recommend taking a large vehicle.
There is an alternative road you can take via for fornacchi a town just before barga.
The village has no shops or bars,/cafes so you must get your your own refreshments from the supermarket in barga.
This is also where the restaurants and pizzeras are
The accommodation is very good and clean with a rustic feel to it
There is a swimming pool which is very good and cleaned on a daily basis
Gioconda your host is very welcoming and will do everything to make your stay enjoyable
If you want a tranquil quite holiday then this is the place

Room Tip: There are only a small amount of rooms all of which are very nice