We just returned from our holiday at the Moevenpick Bangtao Beach Phuket. What an amazing location and resort. The room we booked was a 2 bedroom Sea View Pool Suite. It was absolutely amazing. (See photos) We were a little nervous because we had stayed at 2 other resorts on the beaches of Thailand and this was the first booking in a busier area. The location was fantastic with several options for dining, thai massage and even some shopping.
The resort picked us up at the Phuket airport with a Mercedes sedan. It was a bit cramped for the 4 of us with our baggage but hey it's Thailand so go with it. They returned us to the airport upon departure in the van at the end of our stay.
Our rooms was great. The view is sort of the sea but more of the fence and the tops of the businesses located on the beach. Not great but not terrible. I think for safety being just off the beach by a street was actually quite nice. Especially with children. There was a secure access door to the beach which was gorgeous. The beach resort had excellent chairs and shade from the sun. The water is very clean and clear. Sandy bottom perfect for swimming but not for snorkeling as there is very little marine life near this stretch of beach.
We had our breakfast at the resort for the first 4 days as it was included in our rate. The other mornings we went to a great pastry place in town called "Bake." There is also a "Flame" connected to "Bake" for a great lunch. We read about "The Lotus" restaurant which was right next to the beach club and we frequented it 2 times a day. The food prices at the hotel were high as to be expected and no where near the quality or taste of the Lotus restaurant. Truthfully the Lotus had the best food and were very very friendly and accommodating to our sons peanut allergy. The mango sweet rice dessert has no equal.
We chartered a speed boat through Coral Seekers which was really fun for a day. In addition, I went diving with Sea Bees which was not that great. We did find an excellent taxi driver named Mr. Nhong. I will look for his info and add it later. He was very very kind and easy to get a hold of for last minute errands etc..
Our family loved the Moevenpick and look forward to a return visit soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Bang Tao Beach, the Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket offers an idyllic setting for a memorable getaway. Blending the best of Thai and contemporary design, the resort features 40 exclusive residences and a host of leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket Hotel Bang Tao Beach
- Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket Bang Tao Beach