All reviewsbang taohuge bathroomlarger poolfamily runfew minutes walk awayusual mod consa lovely stayair consafe deposit boxlaundry servicemassage parloursplenty of bars and restaurantsairport transferspent nightsmini barroom rategood size
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We spent two great days in Pai Tan Villas, happy with the hospitality and perfect accommodations. Just with one phone call I had a motorbike arranged for the morning. Everybody was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely boutique resort with two small but stunning pools, impeccably clean rooms and a wonderfully friendly owner and staff.

We did decide to cut our stay short- not because of the resort but because of Bang Tao. After a fabulous time in Phuket Old Town, Bangtao was a slap in the face. Quite seedy and full of half undressed tourists. Reminded us of Benidorm in Spain or Pattaya in Thailand. Not our cup of tea.

The owner of Pai Tan was devastated to see us leave early and we were very sorry too. This resort is highly recommended however might be more suitable for people who are more appreciative of very touristy villages.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I have been working at 5 star hotels for 26 years now. During my 18 day trip to Thailand, I made Bang Tao my last 4 days as it was close to the airport. I spent most of the trip in Kata beach, thinking it would be nice and quiet like many years ago when I was there but I was wrong. If you are the type who likes to read a book by the pool, by the beach, enjoys piece and quiet, Bang Tao is what Kata was 15-20 years ago.

And upon reading many reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided on Pai Tan Villas.
I had a very nice and large, well lit room right in front of the pool. Towels were brand new (unlike many 5 star hotels), items for your use in the room were top quality. i.e. shampoos, water, cofee, etc.. Mini bar was full, very reasonably priced. (no alcohol).Hotel is 5 min walk from the beach, but keep in mind that this beach is miles long. Well, luckily, 5 min walk, you end up at the nicer side of the beach. Restaurants, sun beds, bars drinks end since the beach is soo large, if you prefer complete piece, you walk a bit and throw your towel...
Pai Tan Villas is a family run business and a hands on approach by Manee and her family keeps everything under control and safe.
Bed was nice and firm, sheets were soft and white, good a.c. and the best safe deposit box you can find in a hotel. It has double safety features (a pin and a key is required).
From the hotel, you will have bars, restaurants, massage parlours and 7 Eleven's within 2 min walk. Bang Tao is small and I like walking. So in my 4 days, I didnt rent a scooter. If you plan to visit bars/restaurants or beaches than for sure, rent one. As an experienced traveller, I will just reccomend that you ask the hotel for help with the rental, it will cost you $2-$3 more, maybe, maybe not, but will be safer.
I can not give you any info on TV as I never turned it on. Also, I didn't opt for breakfast so I can not give any details on food options.
Enjoy your trip:)
Ozzy

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank oguzkucukdogan
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I loved my stay at Pai Tan. The owner is so helpful and polite. The villa was clean and had air conditioning, WiFi, a tv, a little fridge and a safety deposit box. The sheets and towels were changed daily. Lots of space to hang up clothes. It was really quiet so I got lots of sleep. The Main Street is a 5 min walk with the beach being 5-10 min walk. I would go back again and would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Madelaine M
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Absolutely loved my stay here, beautiful rooms with pool veiws, the staff were so helpful, rooms were amazing and cleaned daily. Beautiful setting, close to everything. I cant recommend pai tan villas enough. Amazing people, amazing stay, ill be back again as soon as i can

Room Tip: Every room is great
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo