If you want a villa for a group this place is amazing. Large pool with all-day sun which means it is a really nice temperature. Plenty of sun loungers and good outside music system. Well maintained and clean, all bedrooms are spacious. Three where twins and 2 king beds. Very comfortable. Staff are great and very attentive. Place is 10 minutes walk from stunning beach with beach club. A great spot we had a great time.
We visited samakee to celebrate my mum's 60th birthday. Six adults and one two year old. We stayed for 9 nights.
The place is amazing. From the minute you walk through the doors you feel like you're in a five star resort. The staff are absolutely brilliant and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and easy. I would recommend this villa to anyone who will listen!
The great stuff
- food is to die for. Absolutely delicious without fail. Chef Wee is very happy to accomodate your style eg. Spice level or fussy two year olds! They were quite happy to serve our son dinner a bit earlier while we had drinks and then we would have dinner later. Definitely recommend dinner sitting in the Sala, very relaxing! Didn't go out for dinner once as the food was sooooo good! Can't praise it enough.
- the rooms are perfect. Spacious, extremely clean and all have ensuites and aircon.
- the pool was the absolute hit with our son. It has a large shaded shallow area perfect for kids and is the perfect temperature. We were in it most of the day!
- the housekeeper Auan speaks reasonable English and help you organise activities, rental cars, site seeing etc. she is very accomodating and all of the staff were brilliant with our son
- the house is about 1km flat safe walk to the beach where you can have a cheap meal or cocktail or even better a very cheap massage!
- the complex the villa is in a very well maintained, secure and quiet.
- wi fi works well!
The not so great:
- considering the house is fantastic for kids, we were surprised at the complete lack of children's entertainment eg. DVDs, board games, books, balls or pool toys. Not one! I think this would be a great addition to the house.
- the house is in a quiet area on the east side of the island which is great if you want seclusion. However if you were keen on site seeing most of the attractions are at least a 20 minute drive away - up to an hour.
The practical stuff:
- We easily hired a car and bought a local SIM card (at 7 eleven) so we could use google maps for navigating.
- we regularly visited tescos to buy basic groceries and alcohol as it was cheaper than buying it through the villa. You can also buy cheap toys or toiletries. Tesco has a small but reasonable wine selection otherwise there was a shop called the wine collection that sold imported wine.
Overall loved it and already missing my cocktails by the pool!
The perfect holiday! The villa is stunning. The staff is amazing. And we could all stay under 1 roof, but with a lot of space. The dream...
Thank you so much for an unforgettable holiday.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|