We needed somewhere close to Harwich before sailing off an the D-Day landings cruise on Fred Olsen's Braemar.
This was the perfect location really easy to find off the dual carriageway, pleasant surroundings, plenty of car parking.
On check - in in a very crowded reception with a wedding in full swing, staff were attentive, patient because we couldn't hear anything and efficient.
Room was very quite, well appointed and a thoughtful touch was a Mars Bar replacement for the biscuits which, as a coeliac, I can't eat.
Even better was the dedicated gluten-free menu with some real gluten-free surprises including Chicken and Mushroom pie, chips, peas and gravy! I was also advised that many of the main menu dishes could be adapted for my special diet. Restaurant staff were very knowledgeable about what I could and couldn't eat
Not once during my stay did I have to use my own bread so well done Colchester - next time I am in the area I will definitely book to stay here and so should any other coeliac looking for accommodation in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Colchester in Essex is 3 miles away from Colchester, the Oldest Recorded town in Britain. The Hotel is ideally located just off the A12 in a quiet village setting. This Colchester Hotel offers excellent facilities for all whether travelling on business or pleasure. Facilities include air-conditioning and High Speed Internet Access in all bedrooms, accessible & family rooms, and a Spirit Health Club with Swimming Pool. Our Hotel Restaurant, Bar & lounge offer tempting traditional British dishes and international cuisine including the famous Holiday Inn Breakfast in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. The Hotel has seven conference rooms; that cater for all your requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings & 1:1 Interviews to Wedding Ceremonies & Receptions. Not only does the Hotel cater for a diverse range of corporate clients, it offers outstanding weekend & leisure packages for those couples or families wishing to relax - Remember Kids Stay & Eat for Free*. Surrounding attractions include Colchester Zoo, Freeport Designer Shopping Village, Castle Museum and PGA seniors tour golf at Stoke By Nayland. Colchester United's New Ground, is only a short drive away. What s more the Hotel is less than 30 miles away from Stansted Airport connecting major cities around the world. *Terms & Conditions Apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Colchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Colchester Hotel Eight Ash Green
- Colchester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Colchester Eight Ash Green