1,060 results
All reviewsswimming poolcolchester zooexecutive roomrailway linerestaurant stafflots of parkingreception staffleisure facilitieschanging roomslovely hotelthe ground floorsteam roomno liftone night stayduty managerwedding partyfollowing morning
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We've stayed here a few times when visiting family in the area but this is the worst and last time I'll be staying in this Holiday Inn.
Yes the rooms are good and the staff are friendly but the service and standard of breakfast was a major let down for the expected standard.
I booked here rather than other chains for a higher standard and paid for that standard. However, my newspaper never came and the breakfast was awful.
Reheated sausages not heated enough, very tough and dried out bacon, dried out black pudding, no mushrooms left, no beans left, no scrambled egg left and I get back to the table to find my chair has been removed, tepid coffee and I have to go hunting for my sugar bowl which had also disappeared!
At the prices they charge, I expect a lot better than that.
By all means stay here for accommodation only, but go to the Sainsbury's restaurant half a mile away for anything resembling breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Guest Services H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Colchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Gary M,

Thank you for making the time to provide us with your honest feedback about the hotel. Please accept our apologies for the various shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us. I have passed your review onto our food and beverage manager and the head chef and they would like to add their own apologies as well.

I do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 November 2017

A great welcome and services was very good. Main touch points in a hotel were very good. Reception was organised and welcoming. Room was clean and clear. Bathroom was of a good size and clean. TV and desk were sufficient to work at and the free wifi was of a good speed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Guest Services H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Colchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear MKazittis,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the hotel and your positive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Generously sized twin-bedded room. Comfortable bed, mattress a little soft perhaps but beautifully clean bed linens and two pillows per bed.
Walk-in shower is excellent, very powerful water pressure and the provided towels and shower gel are pretty decent. Happy comfy night's sleep.
We didn't take breakfast this time as £10.00 per head is too expensive.

Room Tip: A slightly harder mattress would be preferred.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for October half term with the kids! Was very pleased with the hotel nice clean rooms lovely swimming pool and jacuzzi good breakfast. Great base for visiting Colchester! Food was really good on the 1st night but not so great on the 2nd night but the kids eat for free so overall good value

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017

A very Pleasant and comfortable stay.The Team at the desk were excellent in directing helping and ensuring we were comfortable.The Restaurant provided excellent quality breakfast and a wide variety of menu for their meals.I loved this stay for it was calm, peaceful, well looked after and secure feeling.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family