“Really wonderful place”

GreenLeadersGold level
atlanta
“Really wonderful place”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I spent two wonderful nights at Secrets Silver Sands. I get to visit a lot of AI's for my job and this one is at the top of my list. The staff is incredible. They are always smiling! And work so hard to make you happy. Lots of AI's do that but the smiles got to me. THey seemed to really like their jobs.
My room was an ocean view. Very clean. I liked how the bathroom could be opened to the room or the sliding door shut for privacy. Do wish they offered conditioner. Not sure why they don't, but I brought my own so all was okay.
The pools are many and not crowded. We were at 100pct occupancy during my stay but it never felt that way. Always a chair available. Always a towel. Always a server offering water or to bring us a drink.
The food was very good. I like that they serve smaller portions of food. We ate so much that sometimes it was nice to have a small plate. Everything I tried was delicious. My hat if off to Oscar the Manager of the Asian restaurant. He went out of his way to make sure I had the perfect meal.
The crowd at night was fun. We danced every night until the band left. My boyfriend is not a dancer by nature but the music/crowd was so energetic you could not help but want to join in.
All in all I give it the hotel two big thumbs up.
The beach isn't horrible. Just rocks in the water. Lots of beaches up and down the Mayan Riviera have that same problem. And I've heard rumors that SSS is working to solve the rock problems on their own.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tvlbabe423

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,156)
Warren, Ohio
Reviewed 7 September 2011

It was the best vacation we have ever had. the resort is beautiful..the staff is awesome.. they treat you like royalty. you seen smiling faces all day long..I cant say enough about our stay.. you just have to go see for yourself..It was a little piece of heaven..I will for sure be going back again and again:)

3 Thank hrlygrldonna
Taylorville, Illinois
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I just returned from 6 wonderful days at SSS. There is nothing negative that I could say about the resort. The rooms are large & very nice, the food & drinks are very good. The pools are all very nice. The service is great & the employees are great, helpful & very nice. The guest are all friendly & happy, many repeat guest. I meet Paulotravel & his girlfriend Jennifer. They are very nice . We were actually there a few of the same days they were at SSS last Oct. I meet a couple from my hometown in the pool. That was a big surprise. I have nothing new to say about Secrets. I love the resort & plan on returning. I will try to post some pictures, but I have been having some problems posting. I love Secrets!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank mkb607
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We were on our honeymoon and it was the best experience we have ever had. This was our first all inclusive resort and first time out of the country. The staff was so friendly and the food was amazing. Gabriel, Benjamin and Russell were our favorite bartenders! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank mdthomas81
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Just returned from this wonderful resort. Have to say I was alittle worried after reading some of the reviews but we had no complaints. It was a fabulous resort with good food and a great staff.. I would advise buildings 1-4. We were in building 1 and it was very good location. Always plenty of lounge chairs and the beach was beautiful.. Our waiter was Victor for breakfast and lunch. He was great. Ask for him...The rooms were very nice. Always cleaned when we got back from the pool. Cant wait to go back to this resort very soon!!!

2 Thank cathy H
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband & I just got back last night from 6 days at Secrets Silversands, and will definitely go back. Not sure what others were complaining about, unless they are just the type that like to find something to complain about. Our room was wonderful in bldg 4, overlooked a private pool, and the ocean, nice and cool, and the housekeeping staff were great, keeping the mini fridge full of beer, soda & waters. And yes we got the cute towel swans. We did not meet one member of the staff that was not very gracious & helpful..all very quick to say "it is our pleasure".
We did not make it too all the restaurants, as one night there was a mexican fiesta outside & one night we stayed in for room service. But the restaurants we went to were all good! (Men, don't forget a pair of slacks for restaurants at night-we knew this but a few did not, and had to guy buy). Water shoes are good for the rocky ocean in this area..it is not a good spot for playing around in the ocean, but you can snorkel right there and see some fish. Go ahead and bring some one's for tips...it is not required, and not expected, but these nice people work 11 hrs a day to wait on you, and do a great job of it. Read your activities flyer everyday & just ask the activities people what's next & where..because they do have things going all day, just don't announce over loud speaker. Go & enjoy....you wil love it. BTW- feel free to negoitiate all excursions & purchases, even with your travel rep.

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2011

What a great Vacation! We went for R&R and that is exactly what we got. Beautiful Facilities, Good Food, Great Service.
Breakfast and Lunch Buffets were delicious-wish they had a Dinner buffet!
Victor was our Waiter at Breakfast and Lunch -- he was fabulous. Ask for him when you get there-you will not be disappointed.
Tip: Request Bldgs. 1-4 (5 & 6 are very noisy)
We will definitely go back (hopefully soon)

Room Tip: Beautiful Rooms-Great Room Service