My wife and I have traveled to the Riviera Maya several times, over several years. We have stayed at various all inclusives and this was by far the best for us. I don't want to just repeat what everyone else has said, but there is not a lot more insight that I can provide. Grounds were beautiful and well kept, SSS puts a great deal of focus on how the property looks and it shows. Nightly entertainment was pretty good, we really only watched the circus show, and it was pretty good. Casino night was fun and interesting. Overall nightlife is not that terribly exciting at this resort, which was perfectly fine with my wife and I. Service at all the restaurants and at the pool was exceptional. We stayed in room 4410 and had no issue with any smell or sounds of generators. The rooms were very humid and did not really cool off much until about 5:00 am, but I think this is more of the area than the hotel. It was hot and humid everywhere....Really not anything to worry about. We did not have any issues with bugs or mosquitos as I have read from some reviews. Would like to hear more music by the pools, it seems to liven up the mood when it is played. I would like to personally thank Cesar for his attention to detail and the job he does managing all of the bars. He was able to find the Oklahoma University football game on the satellite, so I could watch and cheer on my home team.
The rooms were exactly what we expected from reading the reviews on tripadvisor. No surprises, which is a welcomed attribute when on vacation.
The restaurants were very good. We liked the Himitsu the best, even though we did not reserve a place for the hibachi, it was still very good food.
Gym was much better than we had anticipated. We have stayed at Secrets Capri before and their gym area left a lot to be desired. The gym at SSS was well equipped with aerobic machines, free weights and some weight machines. Would be nicer if the gym overlooked the ocean, but that is getting pretty picky....
Beach is great, water on the beach is not great. We are beach people, and the beach and the rocks in the water did not bother us at all. If you are wanting to play in the waves and swim in the ocean, this is not very easily accomplished here. You can walk a few minutes up the beach and it does get better.
15 minutes of internet time was okay, a little hokey, but none the less it did the trick.
We used cancun valet for a private transfer to the hotel and then back to the airport after our vacation, and it was perfect. No waiting and no worrying. We were at the hotel within an hour after landing.
We went on an excursion to Selvatica. Would definitely recommend this to anyone. They have vans that will pick you up at the hotel. We were picked up at 8:20 am and returned by 2:00 pm. We did zip lining, ropes course, drove the polaris RAZR's and swam in a cenote, had a great lunch and then back to the hotel. One of the best excursions ever.
Relax and enjoy your trip, this is a great place....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Booking.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico