This was my very first trip to Mexico and very first trip doing an all inclusive. We are not very picky people, just like clean, quiet and activities if we want to but not pushed to participate. That is exactly what we got. The room was cleaned once a day, fresh linens every day, bed made every day, and turned down with rose petals every evening, restocked refrigerator. The workers at this resort are sooooo nice and welcome tourists, we never had anyone that had attitudes or were rude to us. The buffet had great food for breakfast and lunch every single day, that is almost where we ate every day! My only complaint with the buffet place was that they are strict on the men cannot wear cuttoff t-shirts and that makes no sense for breakfast or lunch, especially when they let females in with cover ups that show more than a cut-off man's t-shirt, they should change the rules for that one place to eat. The Hibatchi grill was the best, we ate there twice! The other two resteraunts by the ocean were pretty good as well. Was dissapointed that there wasn't a real mexican resteraunt in mexico, had to come back to the US to get some good mexican food. Love the fact that they have a little snack bar that we could go up and get food at around lunch so we didn't have to get dressed and go in somewhere and the food there was pretty good actually. Wish they would put in one more jacuzzi hot tub, it was pretty full every time we went to get in, that didn't stop us but you gotta get real close to other people because it was ALWAYS full! When we first arrived, our room was way in the back and in the corner, so the view from our room wasn't that great, you could see a tiny bit of the ocean and one of the pools and the rest was trees, but I was ok with that because I didn't go to enjoy the room or the view from the balcony. It actually turned out not being very far from everything else like it seemed upon arrival. If I forgot something in my room when I got down to the beach, it wasn't a big deal to walk back to my room to get it. The shows in the evening were very entertaining and such a great friendly, lively staff. My biggest dissapointment was the beach. When I say that I don't mean the actual beach because out of all the resorts along this beach, ours was the biggest and had room to play volleyball and stuff and was pretty and kept clean, etc. I mean the ocean part, I got in the ocean one time and it was the last. It was sooooo rocky, there was not one place we could find that wasn't rocky to get in at, and even the further out you get, it didn't get any better. That made it a problem trying to get out of the water because of the waves, they would obviously push you and then if you step on something sharp and go down, the next wave catches you, next you know you are being tumbled in 1 foot of water on top of rocks. So I would recommend taking water shoes so you can get into the water. Definitely want to try other resorts and other places of the world but I would go back to this resort, would just bring water shoes so I could get in the water and enjoy the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico