We have been meaning to try this resort for several years and finally did. We have been to 5 or 6 other AMResorts and have decided to stay with this brand since we like the resorts and the staff has always been excellent.
For this trip we decided to not upgrade to the Preferred Club and it was just fine. Our rooms which at some resorts would be "tropical view" at this resort ended up being pool view since they located several lazy river type pools at the edges of the resort. We really liked the room and it was well furnished. As with all other A/I resorts we could have used more clothes storage space and hangers. We have learned to just bring clothes packed with their hangers to ease the shortage problem. There is a large sliding mirror that separates the jacuzzi tub from the main sections of the room and a nice stall shower.
Some of our favorite restaurants were Bordeaux, Oceana, Portofino and the Seaside Grill. The decor in the restaurants was well done and added to the overall experience.
The are several pools in addition to the main pool area where all the activities takes place. The infinity view pool is spectacular.
The entertainment was good overall. There was live music at times in the lobby bar which was very good.
There is a decent gym located on the second floor with the usual equipment. The one
downside for me was the lack of a spray to clean the equipment before using it. This is a pet peeve for me since once getting a topical infection from dirty gym equipment.
It was nice being fairly close to the Cancun airport and not having to travel so far to get to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico