This is our 3rd Secrets and I have to say it surpassed the other two!!! After reading some of the reviews I was a little skeptical, but then I realized you can't make everyone happy.
Beach - it was exactly as described on the Secrets website. The location of the resort is the results of the seaweed. It is mother natural!!!! The workers (tirelessly - for hours) rake the seaweed and keep the beach well manicured. If you take a walk down the beach, you realize that the secrets take pride in their beach. The other resorts had PILES of seaweed on their beach. The beach is very beach but this is also noted on the site. Therefore, if you do your research you should know what you are getting as far as the beach.
Rooms - Our room was breathtaking. We had a preferred club ocean front room - room was spotless!!! The bed was very comfortable. Again, some reviews stated that the rooms had a musty smell - well again you are in the tropics where the humidity is at 100%. Our room was above our expectations.
Pools/ Hot Tub - The pools were large, relaxing, and fun!! The swim up bar was a blast. I fun place to meet people and try new cocktails- mini beer shot ( which is not really a beer!), superman, sh--on the grass...just a few you need to try. The hot tub was a great way to end the day! The drink service by the pool was wonderful. Monica made sure you drink was never empty. Didn't make it to dinner a few times because of Monica's outstanding pool service.
Restaurants/Shows - The food at ALL venues are amazing. We never ate a bad meal. Portofino was Our favorite and Himitsu ran a close second. The world cafe for breakfast was a great start to each day. They have an omelette bar was amazing. The barefoot grill was great place to stay in your swimsuit and eat by the pool. Seaside grill was another place for a lite lunch with your coverup over your suit. We need room service almost every night after the shows and entertainment. The shows were good and the bands at the outdoor bar was great.
Last but not Least.....The SERVICE!!!! OMG
OMAR (Our bell boy) He checked on us each day to make sure we had everything we needed. The day before we were leaving he arranged for our luggage to be picked up. He called us by name after meeting us upon arrival.
ISAIAS (preferred club bartender) He was funny and eager to please. He met us with a smile each morning. He made sure our drinks were fixed to perfection. He gave by husband a tequila tasting which was fantastic. I can't say enough about ISAIAS....he made our visits to preferred club a delight.
Amata (preferred club) We rented a jeep on our own and Amata mapped out our whole trip without asking. She went above and beyond! She was always willing to help in any way.
We spent 7 nights at Silversands and would leave again tomorrow. A few of our days and nights were rainy and the resort did everything they could to make our rainy days fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Destinology, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico