This resort has excellent facilities and overall a great management team. Most of the staff are also excellent however we had a few that were disappointing.
The culinary team under the guidance of "Food & Beverage Manager"- Victor Maravilla does an excellent job and is hands on involved in serving up delicious food with great service attitude.
Particular mention for extraordinary service goes to Chef Jose; Daniel Ramos - Seaside Rest. Manager; and Rooms Division Manager ( Acting GM) at the time Wilder Sosaya.
The front desk manager Roger Carrillo was also extremely helpful in addressing a couple of the issues we had.
Overall we had a great time and would come back.
So what were the issues
This was a weeklong get away for my wife and I and we wanted to just veg out.
Upon arrival we found the check-in area uncomfortably hot and sticky.
We were early and our room was not ready so we had to pass some time - the check in was handles well by Pedro.
There is a sales team at the check-in area that is focused on selling "Resort Club" membership which we found annoying. It almost had the air of a car dealership situation and distracted from the welcoming atmosphere of a fine getaway resort.
When our room was ready about 2 pm the receptionist hassled us about requesting 2 keys with a very unpleasant attitude- thanks to the front desk manager Roger she did apologize subsequently - a day later (she was apparently having a bad day).
On check out as on check in the area was very uncomfortably hot and sticky.
The pools are great and abundant the beach is just OK.
Conclusion: Overall we had a great time thanks to some excellent people who really care and are committed to doing an excellent job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico