“Loved our time at secret silversands” 4 of 5 bubbles

Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Tracy, California
“Loved our time at secret silversands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We loved our vacation at Secrets it was amazing the food was great the activities were fun the people working there were also great the shows we're really cool especially the rock show and I can't forget about the love and marriage show you there is that was a funny one the only thing that I can say that we didn't like was that one of the shops was closed and we really wanted to get something out of there they told us that she makes her own hours and they don't have a key so they can't sell you anything so you never know when she's open we went to the spa that was amazing I definitely recommend it even if you're just going there to sit in the sauna the 1 other thing that wasn't great was 1 we got there we were told that someone upgraded to our room and they had to change our room when we got to the room they say it's a swim out however the pool landed 10f eet before our room started however we did complain and they did get us in a new room which we were much happier with after that we had no problems what so ever everything was perfect if you want to swim in the ocean on the beach there it is very rocky make sure you bring your swim shoes

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sarahfreih
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear sarahfreih,

We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us.

And also we want to thank you for your comments of our service, especially from the entertainment staff.

It is wonderful to read that you loved your stay with us and we hope to see you in not a distant future.

Best wishes,

Aldo Delgado Betancourt
Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge
info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,994)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The service was absolutely amazing. The employees were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were decorated amazingly, but I felt like they could have been a little cleaner in regards to deep cleaning, not making sure that our towels were folded and our bed was made. Every every restaurant was absolutely delicious. However, I felt as though the Italian did not meet my expectations. By far my favorite restaurant was Bordeau, the French restaurant. I can't even describe how delicious the French onion soup was and the fillet mignon with them blue cheese sauce, not to mention their fabulous desserts. This restaurant surpassed all of the others in the resort! We all enjoyed the beach yoga as well and that was an awesome experience. The service on the beach as well as by the pool was out of this world. I never went without a drink in hand. By far, this has been one of the best experiences of my life and I would definitely return to a Secrets resort again. I would definitely recommend it to any of my friends or family and have already recommended it to coworkers. Worth EVERY penny!!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Alexandra M
Dear Alexandra M,

Thank you for choosing Secrets Silversands as your host and taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to know that you’ve found the suites suite of our resort as modern and immaculate. We are also delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed the food and staff service

We truly hope y to host you again in the future so we can offer you the truly remarkable experience that you deserve.

Best wishes,

Aldo Delgado Betancourt
Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge
info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything about our stay at Secrets Silversands was perfect!! My new husband and I spent a week at Silversands celebrating our honeymoon. We couldn't have picked a more perfect, beautiful, and welcoming place to spend our honeymoon. From the moment we walked through the front door, we were treated like family. Our room was spectacular! It had a king size bed, jacuzzi tub, and a shower you could easily fit a dozen people in. Rose petals were laid all around the room to celebrate our honeymoon. We choose a swimout room, but still had a little view of the ocean. A huge shoutout to the amazing event staff! (Especially Johnny, Inida, Moreno, and Erbi). My husband and I love keeping busy and the event staff had plenty of things for us to do. We played beach volleyball, water volleyball, ping pong, bingo, crazy games, took spanish lessons, and biked to a nearby town with the event staff. And that was just only some of the events held daily. We miss not seeing them on a daily basis!! Another great aspect about this resort is the location. We were the first dropped off from the airport when we arrived. The day we left we were the last picked up. It was great! I would highly suggest Secrets Silversands to anyone traveling to Riviera Maya.

Room Tip: We loved our Swimout. It was on a quiet side of the resort and had it's own private pool! All of...
4 Thank Marissa D
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The resort could not do enough for you! Everyone has a great attitude, and the place is spotless! All inclusive! Multiple swimming pools, sure to find one to your liking! Multiple bars and restaurants! Will return again very soon!!

3 Thank Bob J
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Silversands hotel for 1 week in June.
I have visited the Moon Palace and can say I prefer Silversands, although cannot fault the Moon Palace, but the Silversands is nicer as it is smaller.
The staff are outstanding, you couldn't ask for more. They are friendly, attentive, good fun and overall genuinely nice people.
The rooms are fabulous - we had a junior suite with an partial ocean view. Huge king size bed that could sleep 4, jacuzzi in the room. It was also my birthday and the hotel made me feel special by putting banners on the door, champagne and birthday cake delivered to my room.
Rooms were cleaned everyday and the maids do a fab job of making the rooms look lovely and tidy.
They're are several pools so it doesn't feel crowded and always able to find sun lounges considering the hotel was very full. The main pool is where all the activities and swim up bar, but if you want peace and tranquility, they're are other smaller pools that are scattered around. Also, Jo matter where you sit, you will have waiter service. The pools are amazing. They are so warm from the heat, it's like a lovely big bath!
Don't let the weather forecasts put you off either, as we were a bit wary of coming to Mexico in June. Apart from the odd clouds which quickly pass, it has been 32c all week. We had one day where it thundered and showered, but that was only for half an hour and then the sun came shining out. We couldn't believe our luck of the weather as we nearly chose a later month because we had read up on weather in June, but don't let that you put you off.
Evening entertainment was fun, I only saw 2 shows but both were brilliant. Again, waiter service throughout. 7 restaurants to dine at - I would recommend the French restaurant. The Chinese restaurant was good, albeit not like the Chinese in the UK, but still nice and the Seaside Grill was amazing too for those who love steaks. Lunch was a buffet restaurant inside or there were snack bars around the pool serving burgers, hot dogs etc. but the buffet restaurant was good and varied each day. Breakfast was in the buffet restaurant inside as well and lots to chose from.

At the beginning of our trip, we were offered the chance to visit a local Secrets hotel to have breakfast there and to check the hotel out. We were offered $300 spa certificate for going, so of course we weren't going to turn that down. However, we had breakfast and was shown around the hotel but then they try to sell you some sort of time share offers - it was about 2.5 hours in total we were there for, even had to had breakfast with the negotiator and found it a bit too much with all the info and trying to sell us these shares - the guy did also get a bit arsey at the end when we turned down the share offer, but hey it got us $300 for a neck, back and shoulder massage at the Silversands so not all bad, but if you don't fancy the neck, back and shoulder massage, then don't go for the breakfast at the other hotel, it will save you 2 hours of your holiday!!!

Overall, was a brilliant holiday and I am already planning my next trip back here. Couldn't ask for better service, better weather and overall a fantastic trip. Thanks to all at the Silversands.

Room Tip: The swim out pool rooms can be looked upon by other guests at the pool, so if you want time to yours...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank SB4646
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I spent a wonderful week at Secrets Silversands 6/7 to 14. It was our second visit to this property and we are very happy we returned. We have been traveling to Mexico and the Riviera Maya for over 10 years and for 20 overall visiting all around the Caribbean before Mexico, trying various properties and I have to say that this resort is our #1 favorite.

What makes it so special? Four things, the staff, the beauty of the property, the room and cleanliness, and the quality of the food and drink!

Over all the staff was great! I cannot think of a single person that did not reflect quality service. Any great resort relies on its people as their front line of customer service and satisfaction. So many times I read these reviews and people rave about the bartenders. Who doesn't like a good bartender! LOL! They are great, but I would like to acknowledge some other people. The people on the beach that hustle back and forth in the heat getting us our drinks, lunch, etc. are important in keeping us all happy. Two young ladies who worked our section of the beach who deserve kudos are Angeles and Delmy. They greet you with huge smiles every morning and take care of you all day! They are friendly, are always working hard to make your vacation special, and are still smiling at the end of the day! We actually looked forward to seeing them every day, and not just for the drinks.

Another person to acknowledge was our housekeeper Miriam. We would see her sometimes when returning to the room for something. Always smiling and cheerful, and let me tell you she left our room spotless every day! My wife especially liked the beautiful rose petal and towel animals left for her amusement. We did upgrade to an ocean front room and it was spectacular! Overall the guest rooms are really great. Modern and everything works!

As previously mentioned this was our 2nd stay at this property. When we arrived and were being brought up to our room we had the same bellman, Sahid, as our first visit. I remembered him because he is fun, humorous, loves to chat and start your vacation off in a positive way. He is just a great person! When we went to have our bags picked up for checkout, who appeared at the door again, Sahid! How ironic, but true.

This trip we upgraded to the Preferred Club. It was fun. On day 2, I had a small issue that needed to be taken care of and went to the concierge at the Club for help. Working that day was Amarta and she stepped right in, and no more issue! This is what customer service is all about. During the rest of the trip I would stop by to just grab a coffee or drink and say hello. Amarta truly defines what the Preferred Club is all about, superior service and assistance if needed. She is an asset to Secrets.

The property is lush and tropical and the grounds are beautiful and spotless. Every day the groundskeepers are out there pruning, building new flower beds, etc.. We are beach people and love to sit buy the ocean. I was amazed here because early every morning a Bobcat was on the beach grooming the beach sand and making it beautiful. In 20 years of vacation travel have never seen a property take such care of their beach's appearance. In addition there are grounds keepers out all day keeping the beach clean.

The quality of the food at this resort is great. The quality and presentation of the food and the atmosphere of the restaurant made each evening a special one. The Italian and French restaurants had wonderful piano entertainment every night. The piano player, Alejandro was sensational. He knows most every song you can think of, and can stylize it to fit the moment. We truly enjoyed the Monday evening we spent at dinner listening to him make wonderful music. We have been married 38 years and one night in the French restaurant when he found out he asked what our wedding dance song was. When we told him "I only have eyes for you" by the 50's do-wop group The Flamingos, he immediately started to play it. No looking for sheet music, nothing, right off the top of his head. Amazing and very much appreciated. To make this moment even more special our waiter, and I am embarrassed to say I miss-placed the paper I wrote his name down on for he was exceptional and fun, presented my wife and I with desert where the Chef had written "Happy 38th anniversary, I only have eyes for you". Talk about making you feel very special.

If you are looking for a 5 star property that is both classy and fun, I would encourage you to try this Resort. It has a great mix of young and people our age. Everyone is there to relax and have fun and, when you do get to that level you will find everyone is friendly and chat's with total strangers. What a wonderful and happy world you experience at Secrets Silversands! Look for us next June.

3 Thank Joe N
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The first words you hear when arriving here are 'welcome home' and they truly mean it. This was our second visit to Secrets Silversands and again, we were treated like a part of the Secrets family. The resort is amazing and is very convenient to the Cancun airport. The rooms are large, comfortable and kept immaculate by the maids with morning and nightly service. The grounds are unbelievably manicured, pools kept very clean and the resort is compact and easy to navigate. The restaurants are all very good and I couldn't recommend one over another. We tried them all. Everybody needs to find their own niche at Silversands...pool or beach, larger active pool or one of the smaller quiet pools, spa or not, outdoor casual or indoor resort casual dining, variety of entertainment options, visiting with new friends or spending time together, or, the nice thing about this resort is that you can do it all. Not only is Silversands one of the most beautiful resorts in Cancun, the thing that puts it way over the top is the staff. They all greet you with a smile and a friendly word, they work extremely hard and will do anything to make your stay a pleasure. There were a few employees that we would like to give a note special thanks. Oscar at the front desk reception, Felipe-pool bar service, Andrea-World Cafe hostess, Hipalito & Pedro-World Cafe waiters, Vanessa & Chris-Cocoa Cafe servers, Facundo-Himitsu manager and Jose-Himitsu waiter. In closing, we would say that it is money well spent to experience Secrets Silversands. If you do, you will be back...its that good.

Room Tip: We stayed in building #2 on second floor. Very quiet and convenient to restaurants and mail pool.
2 Thank BudF6F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#56 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
#9 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,095 reviews
Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!