“Honeymooon”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
“Honeymooon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I went on our honeymoon here and we loved it. The resort was beautiful, very clean and the entire staff was very pleasant. I wish I was able to get every single persons name to write and individual review, but that would be impossible. The 2 workers that really stood out to me were Johnny and India of the Entertainment team. They were great. We took a trip to Coco Bongo and Johnny took us there and was great. He made sure everything went smoothly and then left us to enjoy the show. India always has a smile on her face and was very pleasant every time we saw her. As other reviewers have said, the beach is not that great, but that was not a deal breaker for us. They have kayaks and sailboats you can take out that was really nice. I would definitely return to another Secrets Resort based on my experience at this location. The French Restaurant was amazing, the chicken dish and the french onion soup were amazing. I never felt bored at this resort and the food and drinks were great here. Its great for a honeymoon or couples vacation. There were some singles there, but I felt it was more couple friendly than anything or for a large group to go to. The weather was perfect! The only negative I could say is there is sometimes a weird smell in the building where we stayed and the water had a sulfer smell, but other than that everything was very clean at all times. Overall we had a great honeymoon and would definitely return again.

Room Tip: We had a room with a pool front view, but was not near the swim up bar area. It was very quiet. At...
1 Thank Tara T
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Tara T,

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean.

We are delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun very special and you were overall happy with the services and food provided at the resort.

We truly hope you can give us the opportunity to host you again in the future so we can offer you the truly remarkable experience that you deserve.

Best wishes,

info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,039)
Leadville, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is AWESOME! All of the staff members are really nice and go out of their way to provide above and beyond service. The food was good, and there were definitely enough restaurants to choose from. Tipping is not necessary, but after the service you receive consistently I don't know how you could not tip. The rooms were always clean, and one night we even had flowers on the bed, even when we were't celebrating a special occasion. I definitely recommend the swim up room, so you can sit right outside your hotel room enjoying the sun, the grass, and the pool. Can't wait to go back :)

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are definitely worth the extra money
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tierney G
Dear Tierney G,

We are delighted to read your positive review on Trip Advisor and glad to know that you are extremely pleased with your overall experience at Secrets Silversands.

All your kind words of appreciation to our food and facilities are greatly appreciated.

It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This resort exceeded EVERY expectation that I had. The staff truly seemed to love their jobs, which in turn provided us with an exceptional experience. A good staff will be trained to smile and be polite to you, but how do they really feel? I watched the Silversands employees' mannerisms when they were "behind the scenes". They were still smiling and acting the same amongst themselves as they were when dealing with a guest. This showed me that they loved their jobs, which I felt probably led to such a positive experience for us. This was our first trip outside of the US and I'd recommend this resort to anyone. I booked directly through the resort website, including airfare.

There was minor construction at the resort, but the work areas were hidden and the noise was minimal. The work being done appeared to be improvements that were being added to the property and it provided very little distraction. I only mention this because it was happening in our surroundings. I actually appreciated the construction, because I knew that the construction being done will probably add a feature to improve the quality of a future guest's experience.

The room was flawless and quiet (JR suite pool view). If I were to schedule again tomorrow, I'd take another pool view suite. Our room was a 2nd floor room and I found it to be perfect. After the room door was closed, we never heard a single sound from anything outside.

My only wish was that the ocean water was more usable, but this is obviously out of the control of the resort. The sand bars and underwater vegetation made swimming tricky and kind of cramped my ability to explore the water. The sandbars and vegetation seem to be a feature of this coast line, so I'm doubting that any other resort in this area would be much better. The beach at the resort was maintained daily and it was very clean. The WIFI quality exceeded any US hotel wireless internet system that I've ever used.

Overall, a two thumbs up / 5 star rating for Silversands. It should be noted that I'm not a experienced traveler or affiliated with anyone. Just an honest review from a couple that was looking for a low stress, high quality vacation. I called it my "dream vacation" before I left and we definitely had an experience that we'll never forget. Worth every penny and it was a dream vacation for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the "outer" buildings. Looking on the resort map, our room (1207...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Matt R
Dear Matt R,

We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us.

Having stayed with us on your vacation trip to the Riviera Cancun, we are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Secrets Silversands and were pleased with the service of our team and facilities we have on offer.

It was our honor to make your dream come true. Because it is our goal to give you a memorable experience and be sure that if you come back, you are going to feel even better if you come back.

We thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Brigantine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This place was amazing. The staff was always helpful when you needed something and extremely friendly. Picking a restaurant for dinner was easy because the food was so good at every one. The rooms were kept very clean and the turn down service was nice too. The entertainment during the day was so much fun thanks to Jackie, India, and Moreno. I would highly recommend Silversands!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Volcom000,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Secret Silversands. We are glad that you enjoyed the Unlimited-luxury® concept of our beautiful Resort.

We truly hope to see you on a near future with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returned yesterday from a four night stay at Silversands. The resort is beautiful and the staff is awesome. I was traveling with three other couples and everyone had a great time. The food was great..really enjoyed Caesar at the hibachi table. The staff was very friendly from the time we entered the lobby. Our rooms were very clean as well as the entire resort. The staff appeared to take pride in keeping the resort very clean. Will definitely return to Silversands!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Ramona29,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Front desk: check in and check out was smooth. Pedro checked us in. He was very informative and seemed to be there around the clock to assist with anything. They have money exchange and if you need change they have it.

Rooms: they keep them in excellent condition. Mini fridge stocked with pop, water, and Coronas!! Never saw coronas in a room before. It's a nice break from the other brands. They didn't have any hard alcohol in it but it did not bother us. The cleaning lady was always working around our daily schedule. Cleaned once a day plus turn down service!!

Restaurants: all were outstanding. Beef tenderloin and filet mignon what more can you ask for!!
Awesome that you don't have to make reservations at all just walk right in.

Pools: so many all around the resort. If you want quiet or noisy they have it.

Staff: all staff were excellent wish I can name all but here are the ones that we remember entertainment staff- Moreno, Adrian, Johnny, Jacky, and India.
Front desk- Pedro
Buffet- Hipolito Victor, Natalio. Wish I can remember our waiter from Oceana. He worked the front section right when you walk in. He looked very serious but gave exceptional service.
Spa- if you go for massage request Paty.
Veranda bar- Brenis, Mario, and Roberto.

Stuff to remember to bring: sunscreen, sunburn lotion, strong Insect Repellant. We got lot of bites but not sure from where because they spray the resort and it was definitely not bed bugs. Maybe it's sand flies?? Either way be prepared for that.

Room Tip: We were able to look at three different rooms and they are all great. All first floor rooms swim out...
1 Thank Joejam2014
Dear Joejam2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Secrets Silversands.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

We look forward to host you in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hospitality shown to us was unbelievable. Would recommend this resort to all my friends. Our room was just like the picture on the internet. No surprises. The added touches made our room really special. My shower was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank TooTough4u
Dear TooTough4u,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed many of the touches that make our resort unique.

We hope to see you back at Secrets Silversands soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Valentin Imperial Maya
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
4.5 of 5 bubbles 11,450 reviews

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!