12,663 results
All reviews ratatouille veranda bar main pool entertainment staff anna banana silver sands el patio preferred club world cafe room service barracuda bar seaside grill juan jose our honeymoon infinity pool other resorts partial ocean view
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was extravagant from the time we arrived at Silversands until the time we left. We were greeted with champagne and an ice cold towel. We knew from that point forward we were in for a wonderful week. The resort is all inclusive which includes 7 restaurants, booze, games, trivia and shows. We enjoyed El Patio the most. The food was amazing and ended up eating it twice. The entertainment staff work so hard to make everyone happy. Adrian, Moreno, Tony, Jacki, Johnny and India were the team members that I played with personally. All were funny, really made the 7 day trip more exciting. I praise them for what they do. They get there at 9am and don't leave til 11pm or 12am.

The bartenders also are some of the hardest working people I have ever seen. The don't get paid much and don't complain or beg for tips. I suggest tipping them a dollar here and there. They really earn it.

This trip was A+++++ and we will be back again.

Room tip: Jr Swimout in building 4 is the best. Our room # was 4104 and we had a pool to ourselves and an ocean view.
1  Thank ssmith417
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear ssmith417,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun on Tripadvisor.

Our compromise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Best holiday I have ever been on. Love the hotel, the staff, the food, the service, the drink, the atmosphere. Everything. I will go back time and time again.

The only downside is the beach. It is very much lacking compared to Cancun, but I wouldn't want to stay there, so I guess we can't have it all.

Its a bit of a trip to Cancun or Playa del Carmen, but the hotel will get you a reasonably priced driver who will stay with you for the day/night and bring you back again. If you after nightlife, staff even arrange nights out to the clubs to make sure everyone gets home in one piece!

I wish I was going back again today. Seriously good hotel and true to the information on the hotel website.

Room tip: We paid extra for a sea view. Definitely worth it if you want to sit out on your balcony at night (take bug spray!!!). I'm sure all the rooms are as lovely as each other though.
Date of stay: September 2013
4  Thank Katherine G
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Katherine G,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience. Please may I mention that customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is gratifying to receive such praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I went on our honeymoon here and we loved it. The resort was beautiful, very clean and the entire staff was very pleasant. I wish I was able to get every single persons name to write and individual review, but that would be impossible. The 2 workers that really stood out to me were Johnny and India of the Entertainment team. They were great. We took a trip to Coco Bongo and Johnny took us there and was great. He made sure everything went smoothly and then left us to enjoy the show. India always has a smile on her face and was very pleasant every time we saw her. As other reviewers have said, the beach is not that great, but that was not a deal breaker for us. They have kayaks and sailboats you can take out that was really nice. I would definitely return to another Secrets Resort based on my experience at this location. The French Restaurant was amazing, the chicken dish and the french onion soup were amazing. I never felt bored at this resort and the food and drinks were great here. Its great for a honeymoon or couples vacation. There were some singles there, but I felt it was more couple friendly than anything or for a large group to go to. The weather was perfect! The only negative I could say is there is sometimes a weird smell in the building where we stayed and the water had a sulfer smell, but other than that everything was very clean at all times. Overall we had a great honeymoon and would definitely return again.

Room tip: We had a room with a pool front view, but was not near the swim up bar area. It was very quiet. At first we felt it was a little far away from things, but it really wasn't at all. We were close to the spa and to a main entrance to the hotel lobby.
1  Thank Tara T

Dear Tara T,

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean.

We are delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun very special and you were overall happy with the services and food provided at the resort.

We truly hope you can give us the opportunity to host you again in the future so we can offer you the truly remarkable experience that you deserve.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is AWESOME! All of the staff members are really nice and go out of their way to provide above and beyond service. The food was good, and there were definitely enough restaurants to choose from. Tipping is not necessary, but after the service you receive consistently I don't know how you could not tip. The rooms were always clean, and one night we even had flowers on the bed, even when we were't celebrating a special occasion. I definitely recommend the swim up room, so you can sit right outside your hotel room enjoying the sun, the grass, and the pool. Can't wait to go back :)

Room tip: Swim up rooms are definitely worth the extra money
Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank Tierney G

Dear Tierney G,

We are delighted to read your positive review on Trip Advisor and glad to know that you are extremely pleased with your overall experience at Secrets Silversands.

All your kind words of appreciation to our food and facilities are greatly appreciated.

It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This resort exceeded EVERY expectation that I had. The staff truly seemed to love their jobs, which in turn provided us with an exceptional experience. A good staff will be trained to smile and be polite to you, but how do they really feel? I watched the Silversands employees' mannerisms when they were "behind the scenes". They were still smiling and acting the same amongst themselves as they were when dealing with a guest. This showed me that they loved their jobs, which I felt probably led to such a positive experience for us. This was our first trip outside of the US and I'd recommend this resort to anyone. I booked directly through the resort website, including airfare.

There was minor construction at the resort, but the work areas were hidden and the noise was minimal. The work being done appeared to be improvements that were being added to the property and it provided very little distraction. I only mention this because it was happening in our surroundings. I actually appreciated the construction, because I knew that the construction being done will probably add a feature to improve the quality of a future guest's experience.

The room was flawless and quiet (JR suite pool view). If I were to schedule again tomorrow, I'd take another pool view suite. Our room was a 2nd floor room and I found it to be perfect. After the room door was closed, we never heard a single sound from anything outside.

My only wish was that the ocean water was more usable, but this is obviously out of the control of the resort. The sand bars and underwater vegetation made swimming tricky and kind of cramped my ability to explore the water. The sandbars and vegetation seem to be a feature of this coast line, so I'm doubting that any other resort in this area would be much better. The beach at the resort was maintained daily and it was very clean. The WIFI quality exceeded any US hotel wireless internet system that I've ever used.

Overall, a two thumbs up / 5 star rating for Silversands. It should be noted that I'm not a experienced traveler or affiliated with anyone. Just an honest review from a couple that was looking for a low stress, high quality vacation. I called it my "dream vacation" before I left and we definitely had an experience that we'll never forget. Worth every penny and it was a dream vacation for sure.

Room tip: Ask for a room in one of the "outer" buildings. Looking on the resort map, our room (1207) looked too far away from the main pools and restaurants. In reality, the short walk provided quietness and privacy away from all of the activities going on. The walk was enjoyable, as the resort has beautiful flowers, trees, etc. The room was silent 24/7.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Matt R

Dear Matt R,

We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us.

Having stayed with us on your vacation trip to the Riviera Cancun, we are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Secrets Silversands and were pleased with the service of our team and facilities we have on offer.

It was our honor to make your dream come true. Because it is our goal to give you a memorable experience and be sure that if you come back, you are going to feel even better if you come back.

We thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.