We went July 17-23 and did preferred club. We requested top floor and we're put on 3rd floor. We were disappointed since we did pay more for our ocean front room. My husband let josh know, the concierge who checked us in that we were disappointed. It took an hour to get our room ready which was a bit disappointing. However once we got to our room it was freshly cleaned and decorated for our anniversary. Josh ended up calling our room shortly later and telling us that we could move to the top floor the next day, in which we did. The rooms were clean, showers were huge. The towels killed to dry off with. Very corse and scratchy, especially if one was sunburned after a day at the beach. I thought it would be nice if one was part of preferred club they can have softer towels. Turn down service was good the first several nights, but one night they came to do turn down at 7 as we were getting ready for dinner. Another night they never came at all. Again with preferred club I would think it would be a bit different. As far as cleaning the room, they did a good job overall. One day however they didn't clean our room til 4:00 in which we had to call down and ask for them to come up to do so. Also our sheets were dirty that they had put on and we called down and right away clean sheets were brought up and they changed the bed for us.
The entertainment was good. My husband loved the Rock show. We were in room 3411 and we could hear the music in our room at 11 at night, with a sound machine on it drowned out the noise. The pool was awesome! Loved the infinity pool ... Looked over the ocean and nice breeze too....it was amazing. The beach was very rocky, but I kind of liked that from a visual stand point. Did not enjoy going in ocean cause of all the seaweed and rocks. We did however enjoy the kayak. We felt like we got to be in the ocean but not touching all the rocks and seaweed. There was topless women on the beach. Also, the server didn't come around as often at the beach as they did at the pool.
The food is why I would recommend this place. I have been to several resorts and this is the first one where I ate more then bread and butter. I loved the French and the Japanese. The French beef with blue cheese was tender and cooked perfect along with the cheesecake. Another night I had the chicken in Dijon mustard, so yum! The restaurants try to cater to allergies. It was so nice to have that option. There is a cute coffee shop too. The frappacino tasted like milk, not great. The cinnamon rolls there were fresh and sweet! The other thing about restaurants is go an hour before you are really hungry. The service is slow and takes time to get your food. We didn't mind because we didn't have kids we were attending to, and our meals were always so hot.
At this resort I was surprised to see so many groups here. I felt like there was a lot of couple friends here. There was some girls together on a girls trip, but lots of groups that came together. Also there were quite a few lesbian and gay couples.
I would go back, I like the secrets chain of resorts compared to other chains we have been to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico