This was the first time my wife and I had ever stayed at an all-inclusive resort so we don’t have much to compare it to, but we were blown away with how much we loved it! I’m not normally one to write reviews, but we enjoyed our stay so much that we felt compelled. In addition to this being review, I also write it to give thanks to Secrets Silversands and all the staff. I will also give special thanks to a few of the individuals that we remember the most because of the experiences we got to enjoy with them and we hope that they will see or hear this in some way.
The service was excellent from the time we arrived and were given a glass of champagne, greeted with a smile, and had our luggage taken to our room for us to the time we left with Jackie of the Entertainment Staff saying goodbye to us by name (or in my case a nickname) without any reminder and taking pictures with each of us. We could not help but notice how dedicated every member of the staff seems to be including the bartenders, room service, the entertainment team, and waiters/waitresses.
Our room was decorated a couple different ways throughout the week for our honeymoon. Once when room service brought my omelet 5 minutes later than the rest of the food, we weren’t even concerned about it at all, yet they still went out of their way to make up for it. We returned to our room after the show that night to find a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and an apology letter from the room service. We couldn’t believe they had done that just because a little mishap that hadn’t even been a problem for us.
All of the bartenders did a great job all week. However, we would like to give a special thanks to Bernice that was working at the pool bar. Bernice served us many drinks that week and he always did it with a smile and with great promptness. He also introduced us to a new drink (Ticket to Fly) when I asked for him to surprise me with a drink, and now it is one of our favorites.
The waiters at the restaurants were also always cheerful and diligent. They oftentimes made us laugh with their jokes and sometimes surprised us with special deserts that we did not expect or even request. We would like to especially thank Juan at the World Café breakfast for his service. He served us multiple times at breakfast throughout the week and each time we noticed his hard work ethic and great personality.
Another thing we loved about our stay was the great balance we had between alone time and relaxation and time being involved with activities and socializing. There was always a variety of events going on during the day that appeal to many different people and we were able to experience a lot of fun things during our stay such as the Crazy Games, pool volleyball, live music, entertaining nightly shows, a tour of the kitchen, and much more.
A large part of this is due to the hard work and dedication of the Entertainment Team. Throughout the week we had a lot of interaction with Johnny, India, Luis, Nico, Jackie, Moreno, and Erbi. Johnny always did a fantastic job in the role of MC at the nightly show. Luis cracked us up with his jokes when he was encouraging more people to participate in activities such as Water Aerobics or the Crazy Games. Moreno was one of a kind with his silly humor and did a fantastic job of entertaining us on our kitchen tour. Jackie and Nico also never failed to entertain us with their antics and they were all always very personable. Finally, although we hear India has gone back to Spain to be with her family, we were very thankful for the dance lessons she gave us during the week even though it was usually just us and one other couple.
Overall it was a better honeymoon than we ever could have imagined it would be. We will be recommending to all our friends and family and we hope to return before long. Leaving was very tough, because we felt very welcomed and never stopped having fun the whole trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico