“wonderful stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“wonderful stay”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I just returned to Wisconsin from my wedding at Ocean Coral & Turquesa. I cannot say enough great things about the wedding coordinators there. They made everything perfect, even with the short time we had together prior to the actual day. We had our ceremony on the beach at sunset and the reception on the lobby terrace. It was beautiful.

The hotel itself had great food with plenty of options and three different adult pools depending on your mood for the day. My one complaint is that they missed some small things -- not restocking our mini fridge, late delivery of fresh towels, etc. Definitely not something that would make or break my trip and things that I received when asked.

I had a great time and would definitely recommend this resort to a friend.

1 Thank alex b
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear alex b,
We want to express our gratitude for choosing our resort for the celebration of this special occasion. It was a pleasure to host your wedding at our facilities, and it is rewarding to learn that we were able to provide you with a great vacation experience and with the wedding you dreamed of. Thank you for your observation about some the aspects of your stay that need our attention, and also for recommending us. We look forward to host your first anniversary trip.
Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,499)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I will start my vacation story with the most important information for my fellow vacationers. We arrived on Dec 03. On Dec 07th 12:10am I heard noise outside my front door, this went on for an hour, when I looked out there were two guys one was taking a pee. I heard the one guy say to the other "I am going to spank your bum". I finally got back to sleep. My wife and I went back to sleep. 2 am I hear a loud bang at my patio door and I jump up and then I hear two more bangs. I ran to the patio door and two guys are entering the room. I grabbed the one guy and said "what the hell are you doing this is not your room" I shoved him out of the room. He said to me "sorry, sorry" and said to his friend "I thought you said this was our room". I thought maybe my wife didn't latch the door properly and relocked the barrel lock and tried to go back to sleep. The next day I looked at the door and they had broken the frame. I went to the front desk and told them the story. They told me that security come by every half hour and I told them they were full of it because the two guys were out front for over an hour. He said oh I will contact security and then he asked me to do a report with guest services and he would have the door repaired. I asked if we could be moved to the 3rd or fourth floor because I did not feel safe and he said he could move me in a day or two to the 2nd floor and said we were leaving in two days, he couldn't care less. I met with Sashri or something like that. She was completely rude and mono toned, could give a crap. She handed me a piece of blank white paper and asked me to write down what happened(really professional eh).

They came and repaired the door by adding some screws to the frame. Later that day I checked the knuckle lock and I pushed the door in and out and the lock would pop open. So back come the repair guys. Finally I asked for a piece of wood or something to put into the knuckle lock to it would be secure. We traveled with a group of 10. I checked all of there room and sure enough the locks were either broken or I could get in by pushing the door in and out.

Management did nothing for us, didn't even do a follow up.

I am sure they will respond to this review and lie and downplay what happened, but if you value your life don't go to this resort. They must learn that we value our life and to take security seriously.

Oh and when we got there we went to our room and the double booked us in the same room as two elderly ladies who were already in the room. So back to the front desk we went to get another room. We spent our first day at the front desk.

Now the good, the maids did a good job at cleaning the room, Food was good, one day buffet was bad because it was Mexican night. Route 66 was really good. Mikes café had excellent deserts and coffee. Italian I wouldn't recommend. Mexican had good steak.

Resort grounds were always clean. Pools were clean. Front lobbies were always clean. Snack bar food could us a little improving.

Beach was ok, water was really rough, didn't go in even once. Sea weed, not resorts fault. No need to comment on the rough road because everyone else has so you get the just of it.

We had sunshine all week thanks to the Mexican gods.

I must say one thing about the buffet manager, he is an idiot. My wife was sick and I asked to take a bowl of soup out to her and he said NO go order room service. I told him that she couldn't stomach that soup and wanted to try the buffet soup, he said NO nothing out of buffet.

Anyway, if you don't value your life please go to this resort, don't both booking a return flight because you may NOT come home.

To management, please leave your response below and tell me that I am a full of [--] tourist that doesn't know what I am talking about. Tell us that you have top of the line security and you really care about the tourists and you will go out of your way for us.

6 Thank theetrader
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The staff's attention to detail is second to none. Mr Franks always has time for his guest and goes above and beyond. Our bags were left in Houston. Mr Franks offered my one of his shirts to wear to dinner. Joaquim (RCI rep) offered me pants if needed. And Elisia (H10 sales person) offered a t-shirt and offered to buy my wife and me clothes if ours did not come in soon. We came in June with our grandkids and Gabriel went to buy soy milk because of allergies. Throughout my wife and I's travels we have never been to a place that makes us feel so much at home.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Tdcurby
Dear Tdcurby,
We like to express our gratitude for your kind comments regarding the good work of Mr. Frank, Joaquin and Elisa, and how they went above and beyond in order to make your vacations better despite the inconvenience with your bags and your airline. Be sure that we will extend your appreciation and kind comments to all of them. With reward we learn that we were able to provide you with a satisfactory trip and that we made you feel like home. Thank you for choosing OCT for your last vacations. We look forward to host your next holidays at this, your home.
Warm regards,
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly, the amenities great, the rooms were clean, and the food was fantastic. the service was generally good. At times it was a bit on the slow side, but hey, we were on a relaxing vacation. The entertainment crew was great. One of the entertainers, Raziel, almost felt like family after 6 days at the resort. He was great to us. They worked hard to help you have fun. I have only been to a couple all-inclusives, so i am no aficionado, so I will not give it a perfect rating. I will, however, say that I had one of the best weeks of my life at Ocean Turquesa.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan W
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Jonathan W,
We want to thank you for your good comments about your stay with us. It is good to learn that you appreciated the service of Raziel from our entertainment staff, and also that you consider your experience with us as one of the best vacation weeks in your life. Thank you for posting your review. We hope to host you once again soon.
Best regards,
Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Times are changing and what I thought was my last refuse of cell phone hell was an airplane. We'll Air Canada Rouge has an app for your device that is your entertainment. The only entertainment. Nothing like majority of travellers messing with phones around you. If you have no device not to worry just rent an I-Pad. Small plane, bumpy flight, bring a snack as if you want to eat have your credit card ready. Ah If I could just finish my Delorean and go back to the future date set for 1981.
The Mexican airport was really crazy we got our bags and no one was directing people. A massive line that had no start or ending we managed. Ok the famous bumpy road. Wow I have never seen anything quite like this. It was so bad the car In front of us blew a tire and got stuck. The holes where like craters and full of water. This has to be fixed as I dreaded the thought of my return to the resort being stranded and yes crocodiles to keep you company. Wonder if he would except an iPhone 5 S for safe passage.
The resort is really immaculate, lobby was very open and bright. The hotel required our passport number. I was surprised they did not want my visa. Time share staff right away wanted to set up our free breakfast and $150 cash prize. Wait free breakfast what is this band on my wrist for? My girlfriend was not impressed and wanted to start the vacation on the right foot.
Room was very good, clean all the comforts. Now it's true the pillows are like lumpy oatmeal but the bed was comfortable. Thanks Letticia our maid she took great care of us and the room sparkled.
I put a quick end to the time share presentation I really did not feel like it and we just wanted to hit the beach. The wind was up and we never saw that clear blue water. It was like lake water quite murky with sand. It did rain in the late afternoons and I was told this was unusual for end of November. The beach was nice brown sugar sand. Little seaweed.

The one major frustration I had with this resort was the dining options. We are told there is no reservations. Well this did not work for us as people still lined up to get a time to eat. When we strolled down it was 2 to 2.5 hours. With one ala-cart being closed each evening it made for quite the adventure trying to get food. I seriously suggest to the management to revisit this. Take reservations at the beginning and you avoid people standing around in swimsuits trying to book at 6pm for 730 pm. The buffet in all honesty was hit and miss. Some nights the food was not hot, not a lot of variety. I did get tired of it due to the fact we ate it 5 out of the 7 nights we stayed. I actually lost five pounds this trip my plate was never full. Please tip when you get good service. The staff worked so hard and we saw many times people get up and leave nothing. I took care of everyone who took care of us.
Entertainment staff well done. Jimmy was hilarious and goes by Jamie when playing Volleyball;) lots of time to work on your game brother. Rodregio, Sylvia, Razel, Angel. We enjoyed the games and your company. All the staff where friendly and treated us like family. I was happy to show the staff some magic it was so wonderful to see their faces and reactions.
Bartenders made some really nice drinks, love the Miami Vice and my Mud slides.
My friends who take the pictures around the resort. $20 for a picture with a monkey seems way too much. Lower your price and you will not be able to keep enough photo paper in stock.
So we did have a fun week at Ocean Coral. Just wanted to share our experience. I will be back in Mexico according to my internal travel clock.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michael A
Dear Michael A,
With reward we learn that you appreciated the cleanliness and beauty in our facilities, the arrangements made by Leticia form our housekeeping staff in order to maintain you room clean and comfortable, and also the friendliness of the mentioned members of our staff. On the other hand, we lament that our dinning system caused you inconveniences and that buffet offer did not fulfilled your expectations. Please allow us to enlighten that our first come first serve basis was implemented in order to give everyone the opportunity of dine were preferred. The waiting time for the tables may vary depending on the number of people attending to the restaurant and the reserved tables for the Privilege guests, which are entitled with this special benefit. Furthermore, guests are provided with pagers in order to reduce inconveniences and waiting for the table in the place they prefer. We are thankful for sharing your experience and your observations regarding our operation, which give us the opportunity to improve our performance. We hope to have the opportunity to host you in a near future and improve your perception about OCT.
Kind regards,
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I had booked a week at the OC thru a travel agent without checking Ito the reviews before hand, I was surprised and a little concerned when I read some if the reviews others had written.
I've been here for 3 days and they were wrong, yes the road is a bit bumby but it's only a 5-10 minute ride off the highway, there are plenty of staff to take care of guests, and the food is fantastic(Route 66 has GREAT RIBS!) I've stayed at the Hard Rock in Cancun, Mayan Palace in Playa 3x, when I return next year it will be to OC.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Jack F
Dear Jack F,
We are thankful for taking the time to share your comments about you experience at OCT. With reward we learn that our performance differs from the bad comments you read on this site, and that overall you were totally satisfied with your stay with us. Thank you for choosing our resort for your vacations and for considering us for your future visits. We look forward to host your vacations next year.
Best regards,
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Beautiful all inclusive resort! We stayed for 8 days in privilege and had a fabulous and relaxing time for a wedding that was absolutely gergeous. Property is kept very well. Some of the items are a little worn out (towels, couch in room, provided robes), but for what we paid ($2525, which included flight through Orbitz) we have no complaints and additionally, we really are not overly demanding travelers. The quirks were some of the odd things such as not getting bar soap replaced, ordering a soup and getting a full plate of food, or getting a half filled bottle of body wash instead of a new bottle. Some of these things just add to the adventure and stories you have to tell. We did go through the H10 Premium "sales" pitch and would NOT recommend it to anyone!! We are strong enough to have had the mind set of NO before even beginning the tour, but it was still very painful. It is very high pressure sales to purchase a hotel/timeshare plan and though took only about 2 hours out of our day felt like 2 weeks. Otherwise, we truly had a great time and would return. One last item, I recommend that having at least $100 in $1-$5 bills for tipping, though it is all inclusive, you may want to tip additional sums for exceptional service.

Room Tip: If you want a King bed, make sure you get a king and not 2 doubles put together. We had a corner roo...