This will likely be quite long so the TL;DR is that we were happy to have paid the extra for Privilege, The beach is lovely but the water is full of seaweed and rocks. Food is very good in the a la cartes and snack bar but an inconsistent buffet. Service was very attentive. Room in Privilege was awesome except for the shower and its massive temperature swings. The AC is very good, even in the summer. I would not hesitate to book here again .
Beach: We were on the beach a lot as our main reason for going was to spend time in the ocean. Raphael and Teresa made that time as enjoyable as possible. We loved having a bucket of ice to keep the water cool when needed in addition to the other drink services. And by the 3rd day we had the area we like to be at prepared and ready for us before ever getting to the beach. Nothing but good things to say of the staff. The sand is lovely until you hit the water. If you want to be in the ocean a lot bring water shoes. The seaweed and the rocks start really early. We were happy that you could get air mattresses and pool noodles from the Privilege hut. You're not going to get the stunning turquoise water unless it's really sunny but the view was lovely regardless.
Service: Service overall at the resort was excellent. The rest of the paragraph is more for the resort than the reviewer so feel free to skip. While the staff, privilege in particular were always very kind and attentive to us, communication between staff teams needs work. I had made arrangements at the club desk to have birthday decorations put up at 11am. So I made sure to have my wife at the beach and we came back around noon and nothing was there. After I got back to the club I was told it wasn't possible to do that before the evening, which is fine if I hadn't been told otherwise when I made the request and arranged my morning around it. Or when we were kicked out of the pool at 8 (which again, is fine) except we were told it was open until midnight by the front desk so it was a disappointment. But the worst was the lunch at Tapas. The lunch food available in the privilege club was actually my favourite tasting meal of the entire trip. Unfortunately if it is busy, for some reason they'll make sure they get every single dish to the tables before you, even those it is a Tapas setup with tiny servings per dish, instead of giving one round and then giving a round to other tables. This led to a 1hr 20min wait for lunch one day which was incredibly frustrating. It was the only other time I was actually mad at the service for not giving me any notice I would have a wait anywhere near that long because if I had known, I would have rather just gone to the snack bar and been back on the beach.
Food: The only a la carte that wasn't amazing was Blue Moon. The Italian had a wonderful looking menu but being outdoor was a con for us and given there were placed we wanted to go back to we never got there. The Creperie was my wife's favourite, I'd go with Sensai as long as you get a show table. At lunch the snack bar's by the pool were great, better than the buffet. The only bad buffet meal was circus day where it was outside, otherwise it was usually good as well. We ended liking breakfast at the buffet better than room service breakfast.
Room: The AC is very good. You can come here in the summer and still manage to have it cool enough to sleep well. We were upgraded upon arrival to a honeymoon suite and I was extremely impressed. The room was spacious, very clean, bug free (they must spray extremely well) and thanks to the upgrade we had an awesome view. Having someone come by at night to clean and fill the outdoor jacuzzi was a great way to end the day. The mini bar wasn't just filled daily but they were quick to customize what we wanted inside it which was great. The shower went from hot to cold so many times you began to wonder if it was haunted but the bathroom was otherwise fine.
Pools: We only ever spent time at the Privilege pool and it was great. Nice and big, not too crowded, clean, good drink service. Only wish it was open longer because I thought the whole area looked amazing at night.
Bottom line is that we would go back. I feel like the value for what we paid was very good. The positives definitely outweigh any criticisms (hopefully constructive) listed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Priceline, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico