Stayed at the resort from July 20 - July 25. Check in at the hotel was pretty easy but was told by the front desk that we had to meet someone for a "welcome package". Come to find out, they schedule a breakfast appointment only to trick you into a time share meeting. Me and my fiance did not show up, only to find a note at our door reminding us that we missed our appointment. Then the phone rings several times in the morning. They are very pushy. The rooms were very spacious with a large patio. The beds were very, very, very, hard with crappy pillows. The air conditioner kept running throughout the night which kept the room barely cool.
The resort grounds were kept very well manicured and extremely clean. The beach was horrible with tons of seaweed everywhere. The water was also very murky. This was already expected since I read Trip Advisor reviews prior to the trip. The drink service at the beach was not great as I only saw the waitress once. Not to mention the locals selling sunglasses, cigars, and Marijuana. .yes, Marijuana on the beach.
The pool was excellent along with the hard working bar tenders and waitresses. Gustavo had our drinks ready ahead of time and did not have to wait long. Needless to say, I tipped them very well.
The food at the buffet was just okay. Nothing to brag about. The Mexican restaurant and Blue Moon restaurant were the best. We ate at Blue Moon twice since there was no wait. The food and service at the Blue Moon was very high quality. The Japanese restaurant was a huge disappointment. I asked for a table thinking they were going to sit us at the Hibachi grill. We were sat at a table with a totally different menu. When I asked to be seated at the Hibachi Grill, I was told that they were full and reserved. We ordered from the menu which wasn't impressive. As we ate dinner, I noticed eight empty seats at the hibachi grill. I was very disappointed that we weren't offered to sit at the grill after I requested it. Very disappointing that you cannot make reservations.
We are definitely going to visit Cancun again, but will not stay at Ocean Turquesa. We will stay at a different resort that is adults only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico