We had a lovely stay at the Coral & Turquesa. The highlights of the trip were definitely the entertainment and fabulous staff (particularly Denise, Didi, Angel and more!). This was a PERFECT place for a family vacation. Six nights a week they have fabulous family shows ranging from Grease to The Lion King to an eclectic Broadway medley! The actors were also on the resort all day with various other day jobs - activities at the pool, towel bar, running the kids club, etc. We were excited to chat with them whenever we had a chance because they were so fun and engaging. Honestly, I have to say Denise was just spectacular above all- always so fun and going above and beyond to make sure us and the kids were having a great time.
I was completely shocked when we went to our first show. I figured it was something silly to entertain the kids, but the adults enjoyed them just as much! Really well choreographed, great costumes and FUN!
Most of our restaurant servers were pretty good, but EFRAIN in the Villa Marina was just outstanding! This was definitely one of the best restaurants on the property, and by our second night dining there, EFRAIN knew our orders and would bring out our preferred drinks and confirm dishes immediately :) He was also amazing with our 4.5 year old twins- making animals out of the napkins and keeping them giggling. We happened to have Pedro for lunch out there on our last day and he was sweet as could be. Alma and Alba, were both bar waitresses who took orders on the beach and by the pool, and they were super fabulous and engaging as well.
Now for the negatives, or the reason I could not give the resort a 5 star rating. The large buffet where all breakfast is served was not so great. Not only was the food mediocre, but the staff in there were horrible. We were really disappointed considering what a great experience we had with most other staff on the resort. The seating was slow, the service was slow, and I had a specific situation that really angered me. My 4 year old daughter unfortunately got sick and was stuck in the room throwing up for two days. The only thing she could stomach was something simple like a croissant. The first morning, I went down and asked if I could get a plate of bread to bring up to her (obviously explaining the situation of my sick daughter). The women at the front were very rude and not at all accommodating, informing me that I could not bring anything out of the restaurant and could go order room service. The room service menu consisted of hamburgers, pizza, salad etc. I was very upset and went to the front desk to describe the situation to a reception agent. She very coldly took my room number and said she would have some bread sent up. An HOUR later, they sent up a plate of rosemary rolls. That is obviously the last thing a four year old would consider eating, much less when she's feeling awful. The next day I decided I was just going to break the rules and go bring bread from the breakfast buffet! As I approached the door, a woman stopped me and informed me that I could not bring the food out of there. I explained the situation and she was unbending telling me those were the rules. I was very frustrated and let them know it, but am not a big complainer and did not go report at the front desk again. Just a reminder- this is an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel! I was very disappointed by this unaccommodating service, even from the front desk when hoping for help from them.
In general, the food was mediocre. The Sushi restaurant, Italian and Villa Marina were definitely the best, and in my opinion really the only good ones on the property. Honestly, beyond the frustrating situation with my daughter being sick, we were pretty happy with the resort.
OH! I should mention - I don't know if it was because of the time of year or what (We were there August 7-14), but the ocean was HORRIBLE. The shore was covered in mounds of seaweed you had to cross before stepping into the pretty murky water. I've been to this part of Mexico, however not this hotel, and the water has always been clear and beautiful? This was disappointing because we go there for the beach, but spent all of our time in the pools. Fortunately the pools were very kid friendly with a huge gently sloping shallow end, so you can keep a close eye on them while not needing to be in the water the whole time.
Last negative- the wifi was pretty weak and not too reliable. Even in the room.
Anyway, that's my two cents for what it's worth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico