13,021 results
All reviews blue moon villa marina privilege lounge daisy club pool bar casa del mar mike's coffee shop privilege package privilege beach privilege guests crepe restaurant the lion king quiet pool activity pool entertainment staff make reservations foam party
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Our stay was wonderful. Yes, it rained the first day and a half we were there. Yes, there was seaweed on the beach (that they were continually trying to clear but it was endless). These are a part of Mother Nature's review. Our room was comfortable. Check-in was easy. We were able to spend four days around the "Quiet" pool. Our guy, Ricardo, was amazing and took VERY good care of us. Dinners were good with our favs being Italian and the Privilege Lounge. Carlos (Turbo) was an excellent waiter at the Italian restaurant. He would repeat common phrases to us in Spanish to help with our learning curve. Food allergies are taken very seriously and since all three of us are allergic to shellfish and fish we are very careful. We didn't have a single issue in any restaurant. They even started up a new fryer for us in Route 66 so we could have fries and onion rings. The reasons for the 4 and not a 5 is that one day our room was not cleaned. I didn't say anything because it was late when we got back to it (my fault). And on the rainy days I feel there could have been more care taken to clear standing water off covered walkways. The tile is very slippery.

We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank trapoul
OceanCustomerService, Assistant Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear trapoul, We want to thank you for choosing our resort as the host for your vacation. At Ocean Coral & Turquesa we have the commitment to always provide our guests with the best possible vacation experience; therefore we are pleased to know that you had a great stay and enjoyed the service provided by all of our staff, especially the mentioned members. Thank you as well for taking the time to share your comments on this site; we hope to have the privilege to keep hosting your upcoming vacations even there was an issue with the room on one day which we will take care of. Warm regards, The Ocean Coral & Turquesa Manegement.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is fantastic and has so many great facilities.
Pros: the staff are wonderful
- Restaurants are great- we tried them all and they were really good.
- Rooms are huge
- WiFi is available everywhere
- Everything is kept very clean
- Alcohol selection is very good

Cons: seaweed on beach- not pleasant to look at and smell is very bad.
- The hotel wasn’t full but if you didn’t get down to pool - before 8am it was very hard to get a sun bed
- One pool was designated for groups of young people getting totally smashed and there were strange things like ‘sexy dancing competitions’.
- No recognition for repeat customers- we visited a couple of the restaurants twice and left generous tips but it didn’t bring about any recognition or any nice treatment.
- Spa people constantly going around pool- the spa is lovely but is very very expensive.
- We were in block 16 and the theatre was right outside so every night it was incredibly loud- it didn’t really matter for us but if you were a family with children it would be awful. There was no warning of this either.

I must stress that this is a resort, there is absolutely no where to walk to unless you organise a trip off site.
It rained for 2 solid days while we were there and there really wasn’t anything to do except sit in the rooms. I had hoped that the rain forecast would mean 10 mins rain then back to sun but no. This isn’t the hotels fault of course but just an advanced warning in case you are forecast rain.

Overall it was a great trip.

3  Thank Nottingham A
nallelygon, assistant manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

First of all please let us thank you for choosing Ocean Coral & Turquesa as the host of your past vacation in the Riviera Maya. We regret to read that some aspects of your vacation did not reach your expectactions did you inform anyone that you were repeat guest please feel free to contact info.oct@oceanhotels.net for any requierments in case you visit us in the near future we apologize for this,. We really appreciate that you give us this feedback so that we get the chance to make our service offer even better. On the other hand, we are very glad to read that your, overall, you had a good time in our resort. Once again, we would like to thank you of having taken the time to post your valuable comments on this page. We hope that we will have a chance to host you again soon in our hotel. Best Regards, The Ocean Coral & Turquesa Management

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This resort was beautiful and clean and the food was tasty. If it wasn’t for the seaweed I would have been able to enjoy the beach. The rain wouldn’t let up but it was still good music and a lot of choices in restaurants. The room was beautifully designed and clean

2  Thank rp6152015

Thank you for choosing Ocean Coral & Turquesa as the host for your past vacations and for sharing your experience with us. while enjoying our facilities and the great service provided by our staff. Thank you very much for your preference and for your kind comments; we look forward to host you again in the near future. Warm regards, The Ocean Coral & Turquesa Management

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The only reason I submit this review is because I continue to get emails asking me to submit more reviews.

I will qualify this with: THIS WAS ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO... The "selection box" doesn't let me choose any travel date older than one year. But I still hold a grudge.

I reserved a week at the sister hotel of this chain for a milestone wedding anniversary. I had booked the top of the line, most expensive accommodations for this occasion. A few weeks before our trip, I was told that the sister hotel was closed for remodeling, we would be "upgraded" to this Ocean Coral & Turquesa.

We arrived and were put in a bottom floor, twin beds cheapest room, I spend the week arguing with the desk, and they said only that I needed to talk to the manager... Except there was never a manager. Ever. Not for the entire duration of our stay.

One of the staff did offer to make up the difference by taking a portion off of the sale price of purchasing a time share from them... Really??? No way.

After returning and filing a complaint with the hotel, the email exchanges were like something from an "Abbot and Costello" routine... Along these lines:
Me: I booked the most expensive room and was put in the cheapest room.
Them: Our hotel is more expensive and newer then the other one.
Me: The price I paid is more that your most expensive listing.
Them: You booked a "Deluxe Suite" and we gave you that.
Me: But I booked the most expensive deluxe suite at the other hotel
Them: Our hotel is more expensive and newer then the other one.
Me: The price I paid is more than your most expensive suite
Them: You booked a"Deluxe Suite" and we gave you that...

See the circle? It was a waste of time after about 4 rounds of this nonsense...

I finally went over their head, to the main office which is in Europe, and they did make an effort to compensate me for this ripoff. I don't think it was enough, but they had "worn me down".

I have returned to the sister hotel of the same chain. It is superb, and I love it. But I will never return to the Coral & Turquesa.

Which demonstrates that the management can make all the difference.

Room Tip: Don't bother, they'll rip you off of a good room anyway
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott W
nallelygon, asistente direccion at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

We lament to read that some aspects of your vacation were not at the height of your expectactions. Rest assured that we take good note of all of your comments and that we will transmit them to the different departements implicated so that we can make our service offer even better.it is rare for us to know that someone gave you such an answer as our staff does not have these ways to answer and our Human Resources Department coordinates seminars that are directed to all of our staff members in order to reinforce the culture of service that characterizes us, and their commitment to always provide our guests with the quality service they deserve and expect. We would like to thank you for having taken the time to leave your comments on this page. We hope we will have the chance to receive you again in our hotel in the near future and improve your perception of our resort.
Best Regards, The Ocean Coral & Turquesa Management

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were invited on Friday night 6/22/2018 to the Mayan dinner. The ceremony was interesting and festive. The food was absolutely divine. The alcohol accompaniments were perfect! I loved the flambé coffee at the end. The setting was private and scenic. I would highly recommend the Mayan dinner!

2  Thank Danielle V

Thank you for choosing Ocean Coral & Turquesa as the host for your past vacations and for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled to know we were able to provide you with a great vacation experience, while enjoying our facilities and the great service provided by our staff. Thank you very much for your preference and for your kind comments; we look forward to host you again in the near future. Warm regards, The Ocean Coral & Turquesa Management