“Adventure with the Mayans!!”
Review of Mayan Jungle Tour

Mayan Jungle Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most unique natural wonders of the Riviera Maya are the cenotes, these are created by an underground river system and are fresh water sink holes considered to be sacred. You will take a jungle tour in ATV's where the Mayans also believed they were the entrance to the underworld.
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This was recommended by our hotel and it was absolutely fantastic!!

After an early morning pick up an a long old drive with our group and guide Israel, me and my wife arrived at Jungla Maya and the view took my breath away, it was such a stunning jungle with lush, green trees and the weather made it perfect.

As soon as we arrived Israel explained our activities and we hopped in the Unimog, a massive 4x4 that bustles down a jungle path that takes you to the inner sanctum of the jungle. Next we made our way over and dappled down into our first cenotes, and it was amazing, crystal clear and co waters in a vast cave.

Next we zipplined through the jungle which was amazing!!! Next we visited an ceremonial chamber and witnessed a Mayan ceremony for allowing travellers into the jungle. I even learned a little Mayan but was fascinated by this.

Next we took an amazing hike through the vast jungle to our next two activities, a zippline into a cave and landing butt first into the water and then snorkelling in one if the largest under ground rivers in the world. It was breathtaking. Then we sat down for a delicious lunch (caution, the green sauce will blow you he's off!!)

Me and my wife had an awesome day and Israel was such a funny guy, calling me and the Mrs his fancy Guchi Guchi couple hahah!!

Jum boo tik everyone at Jungla maya.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was an awesome experience! We were a party of 8 and every one of us enjoyed it. There was so much to do! First we did a Mayan ritual to have the blessing to be in the jungle and cenotes. There was ziplining, cenote swimming, then a hike in the jungle, then snorkeling in another cenote, then rappling down into the cenote, then ziplining into another cenote, then lunch! The staff was awesome. Ana was our leader and she was very informative. She made us feel safe and comfortable. She was also very patient. One of the members of our group was nervous about snorkeling in the cenote, but they had a float board for her and one of the other staff stayed with her through the whole snorkeling activity. Ana always made sure she was ok. Lunch was included and was so authentic and very delicious. This was a nice happy ending to a wonderful excursion. Definitely recommend and would do again!

1  Thank herflyness
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We booked this excursion through our hotel because it had a lot to offer...snorkeling, rappelling, zip-lining, a ride on a unimog, a mayan ceremony, and a walk through the mayan jungle. Our tour guide was Gustavo and he was fantastic. He had great energy throughout the entire trip. The guides and helpers all seem very experienced..they don't waste anytime and are very efficient in getting you through each activity. Our favourite part was snorkelling through the cenote and seeing the little fish, stalagmites, and stalactites. If you're looking for a variety of activities in a short amount of time, this excursion is for you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We started off with going to the jungle and riding in the 4x4 suv to the rappelling spot. Gustavo and Jay Jay were our tour guides and they made the trip very fun! I myself am scared of heights and Gustavo did a wonderful job calming me down for the rappel as well as zip lining over the jungle. We also got to meet a Mayan Shaman and he blessed us and taught us some of their culture and we ate Mayan food prepared by Mayans it was delicious- careful for the green sauce they are not lying about its spice it was very good and flavorful though. This was a great experience and we are so glad we did it! We also got to snorkel in a cenote it was so beautiful and learning all about the cenote while snorkeling was amazing. And did I mention they photograph and film everything and you can buy the disk for $40 SO WORTH IT..let me tell you. After we were done here we drove for about ten minutes to Tulum where we visited the only Mayan ruins next to the Ocean this was by far the most exciting experience for me!I am no history geek - i actually hated history in school, but something about our Guide Carlos and how he made learning the history fun joking around the whole time asking if we knew answers gaining 10 points for correct answers and questions that were answered with crazy sineros he'd answer -50 points. You had the option to let the guide take you through or walk alone, im glad we went with Carlos because i wouldn't have known the difference between some of the houses and some of the temples. (its amazing what you can learn on vacation and or your honeymoon) It was overall the best experience anyone could ask for!!