This was our first stay at Sensatori. We have had seven visits to Azul Beach Resort prior to our stay at Sensatori and actually stayed there for two days before going over to Sensatori.
Sensatori is too big if you like the boutique hotel experience. It is a long distance to walk to a bar or the front of the hotel. We just felt like there was just too much activity.
This is the place if you have active children, however, as the pool is the great gathering place
Not really for a couple that wants to rest and really be pampered. We never saw staff members bringing drinks to the premium area. My husband was at the beach in the premium section for over 2 hours one day and was actually ignored by the beach butler who waited on everyone around him. One day, Enrique, offered exceptional service and apologized for the treatment the day before. Spa treatments were OK but the front desk staff did not excel in helping my daughter and I select a treatment. We ended up with no treatments but my husband had a 80 min massage that he enjoyed. He was made to pre-pay as he got the massage at the beach palapas. He didn't like this as he was not sure if the tip was going to be earned. We usually only tip the best of the best and we did not find any one specific staff member we chose to tip. We tip generously to multiple staff members at Azul Beach Resort as they are all so deserving.
The beach is nasty and we didn't have any idea this was the case. We had visited the Sensatori while it was under construction but did not go down to the beach area. It is not useable or swimmable under any circumstances but the Marina Maroma is not far away and it has the pristine beach that everyone is looking for. All of the activities you could want are at Marina Maroma. Highly advise a trip to Marina Maroma!!
The food at the Italian restaurant, Siena, was exceptional. Loved the osso bucco and risotto. Highly recommend this restaurant. Service was exceptional here and at all the restaurants for dinner. The breakfast is good at all locations and the lunch is only marginal at Spoons. The Mahi Mahi was so "fishy" tasting I could not eat it one day for lunch. It is utter chaos in the morning at Spoons. Be prepared.
The food is geared towards the UK crowd so you will see some different items.
We are Exotic Travel Club members and this allows us a different perspective as we have the use of a concierge prior to our arriving and are receiving an upgraded level of service. Building 1 is the premium section and it has the best views.
I had pre-arranged for a birthday cake for my daughter and it all went as planned.
Huge Reyes is the nicest person to work with and we have known him for several years. He is with the Exotic Travelers and just goes above and beyond.
We also really enjoy Gina with the Exotic Travelers. We have upgraded our membership twice this year and it is worth every penny. Please listen to the sales pitch. You will find it interesting. We wished we had joined sooner.
We are beach people all the way and can't stand to be by the pool. If you are the same way, you will be very disappointed. The beach beds and chairs are nice but the beach is just so unattractive that it really takes away from the whole experience. If you don't care to be on the beach and like a lot of activity, noise and kids then Sensatori is for you. The food is overall excellent and except for a few glitches the service is acceptable.
This resort is "whole saled" to the Brits so be prepared for an almost 100% British invasion. There are few Americans and will be even more Brits all the time, so we are told. Azul Beach Resort which is only 10 minutes on foot on a beautiful beach is really the ultimate in exceptional service.
We actually met a couple who left Sensatori to stay at Azul Beach Resort as Sensatori is too big. It is, however, not as large as some of the other mega all-inclusives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring the renowned Gourmet Inclusive(R) concept by Karisma, the Azul Sensatori Mexico Hotel brings together spacious facilities with unlimited activities and services. Azul Sensatori Mexico is designed to allow couples, groups, wedding parties, families and friends from all generations to re-connect under the sun. The 435 spacious and luxurious suites are tastefully designed in contemporary Caribbean style with dark wood accents and canopy beds. These suites are located in four story buildings with an elevator in each building. Views are either pool, garden, ocean or ocean front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico Riviera Maya