“Location is the best: right on the beach and just...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kranman96
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Location is the best: right on the beach and just a few steps from the town square with many great restaurants!”
Reviewed 25 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Been coming to Casa Toucan for many years now and it never disappoints! Lovely town of Puerto Morelos with its friendly folks, many great restaurants and a wonderful beach. Who could ask for more?!!!

13 May 2018
Jeff & Alex -

Greetings! As always, it was a true pleasure having you as our guests for the SEVENTH year in a row. We appreciate your positive review, and we look forward to seeing you again in 2019. Hasta pronto!

Best,

Gaila B
South Shore, Kentucky, United States
“Best Location in Puerto Morelos”
Reviewed 15 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Just as with any real estate, the location is everything. Casa Toucan #3 and #4 puts you right on the sand at the best section of beach in town. My wife and I stayed in this wonderful town for the month of January. We stay 15 days in Toucan 3 and 6 days in #4. We walked the beach many times looking at other locations to stay and nothing compares to Casa Toucan. Just steps to the water, bueatiful clean pool, litterally a two minute walk to Town Square for restaurants, stores, entertainment, everything the town has to offer. The owners, Jon and Alicia are the best. They live on the property and have the answers to any questions you may have. As guests of Jon and Alicia you have the advantage of omitting any trial and error on your decisions. If there is something you want to do, you can draw on their years of experience in Puerto Morelos, whether it be restaurants, stores, tours, etc. Jon and Alicia are very proud of Casa Toucan and Puerto Morelos and it shows when you are there. Very clean, well thought out and well equipped. Not much extra room in #3 & #4, but has everything my wife and i required. We spent our time outside on the balcony or elsewhere. When you are inside it has a great bed, small but very accomodating kitchen and bath. When I'm away from home one of my requirements is cleanliness and Casa Toucan nailed that. I had mixed emotions while writting this review. I fill like I found a paradise here and want to share it with others but at the same time i know that by sharing it makes it harder for me to book for myself. I thank the owners for helping my wife and I to create beautiful memories that will remain with us forever. I give Casa Toucan and Puerto Morelos an A+.

20 Feb 2018
Ronnie & Gaila -

Wow! We are blushing. Thank you for your flattering review of your stay with us here at Casa Toucan. It feels good to know that our guests enjoy and appreciate all of the work we have put into the property. We sincerely enjoyed having you here as our guests, and we hope to see you again in the future. Hasta luego!

Janet B
Swansea, South Carolina
“Perfect spot for two people right on the beach”
Reviewed 29 January 2018 for a stay in October 2017

We stayed at Casa Toucan in Unit 4 the last week of October 2017. We had never been to Puerto Morelos but plan to return as soon as we can. The studio was perfect for 2 people. We enjoyed coffee and the sunrise on our private balcony overlooking the beach every morning. We had the opportunity to view all of the rooms and they all had very well appointed kitchens, great decor, comfy beds and amazing views. Jon, his son and the housekeeper (I hate that I do not recall her name as she was so friendly and helpful) were all very attentive and available. They took the time to share information and just chat if you wanted to. The pool was very nice and beautiful. The room/condo was centrally located to the town square and was in easy walking distance to the local store and many great restaurants and bar. The property is small and offers lots of privacy. You can't get much closer to the beach than Casa Toucan.

6 Feb 2018
Janet & Scott -

Hola! Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay with us here at Casa Toucan. It was a pleasure talking with you and getting to know you a little. We hope to see you back here in the future. Until then...Hasta luego!

Gracias y saludos,

Emily E
Barcelona, Spain
“Perfect beachfront getaway”
Reviewed 21 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This unit at Casa Toucan is the ideal set-up for a couple, or party of 2 that doesn’t mind sharing a queen bed. As first time visitors to Puerto Morelos, we had no idea what to expect from the property, and were blown away by the accommodations, location, and hospitality of Jon and Alicia. After thoroughly exploring the length of the beach and around town during our trip, we can confidently say there is no other place we would have rather spent a relaxing five nights than Casa Toucan.

We heard about Casa Toucan from friends of friends, and booked several nights before Christmas for a sunny getaway before the holidays. The apartment was impeccably clean and tidy, stocked with kitchen essentials, and stayed nice and cool from the ocean breeze. High speed WiFi was accessible throughout the compound, and access even reached to the beach in front of the property.

Markets were just minutes away on foot - perfect for buying fresh, local options to cook for breakfast (our fav), while restaurants for all types of fare were walking distance as well. The stretch of beach in front of the property is beautiful for relaxing and swimming, and a popular snorkeling spot is less than 10 minutes walking along the beach.

Jon and Alicia were friendly and gracious, and provided stellar recommendations from food and drinks to snorkeling spots and an in-room masseuse (10/10!). On our last night they hosted a gathering that included a performance by an incredible local musician who played guitar like a dream - one of the highlights of my trip.

We felt completely at ease and at home at Casa Toucan, and couldn’t have asked for anything more. Can’t wait to return!

22 Jan 2018
Emily & Maggie -

Thank you for your thoughtful, detailed, and kind review of your stay here at Casa Toucan. We appreciate that you noticed some of the details that set our home apart from other properties here in Puerto Morelos. We are very happy that you had such an enjoyable time and that you were able to share our annual Christmas dinner with us, featuring guitar wizard Héctor! We hope to see you again in the future. Hasta luego!

Jon, Alicia, and Jon Conner (and Sully, Lobo, Azi, Tika, & Tigre!)
Jennifer...
Billings, Montana
“Perfect”
Reviewed 20 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Wonderful location, beautiful lodging, fantastic people. Beachfront access as week as small pool. Dining right outside the door on the street.

21 Jan 2018
Jennifer & Connie -

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our home here at Casa Toucan. We look forward to your return in December 2018. Hasta luego!

Blu3skies
United Kingdom
“Perfect place for Puerto Morelos ”
Reviewed 24 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

My husband and I had two nights here at the start of our Mexico holiday. The room is exactly as described and very well equipped. You could not get a better location! Jon the host provided a very comprehensive pack on the resort in advance which was very useful. He was available to help us and a great host. The grounds with the pool are lovely. Would recommend to anyone.

27 Nov 2017
Victoria & Simon -

Thank you for your kind thoughts regarding your stay here at Casa Toucan. We are happy that you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again in the future. We hope you are enjoying the remainder of your holiday here in Mexico. Hasta luego!

Moondance...
Bryans Road, Maryland
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Casa Toucan is wonderful! The owner Jon went out of his way to make sure that I felt comfortable and welcomed before arriving and during my stay!He provided extensive information before my arrival. If I had a question or needed anything while there he was just a phone call away. Casa Toucan #4 is located right on the beach. I spent many hours relaxing on the balcony enjoying the beautiful ocean view. Most nights I was able to sleep with the window and sliding door open, listening to the wave gently kiss the shore. Paradise! The grounds was very clean and so was the condo. I will stay at Casa Toucan again.
Thank you Jon!

Your age range 50-64
25 Oct 2017
Amancia -

Greetings! Thank you for your kind review of Casa Toucan. We work very hard to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We were glad that you were able to get to know Puerto Morelos and to take advantage of the treasures that it has to offer. Please come see us again in the future!

Best,

Jon, Alicia, & Jon Conner (and Sully, Lobo, Tika, Azi & Tigre!)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing