We have now been to every Dreams and Now resort in the Cancun area. We have enjoyed every one of them, including Now Jade. If you want fast paced, this is not for you, it is a place to relax. We had 2 boys that are now 12 and 9 on the trip with us.
The resort is in an out of the way location. If you want to be near the attractions, this is not the right area of Cancun. They do run many trips to attractions in the area if you would like. If you just want to relax, stay put in the resort. The rooms are along the outside edges of the resort which is both good and bad. It can mean more walking to things such as the pool. The restaurants and lobby are in the middle area of the resort.
We enjoyed our room which was a small suite. We had a great view of the adult pool and ocean from our balcony. The room had plenty of space for the 4 of us to get around. There were tv's in both the bedroom and family room which was a good thing. The only issue was that the shower area was very open so when my wife wanted a shower you had to close both the bathroom door and door to the family room to keep private. We did have an issue that our sliding door would not lock shut and a door handle was off. Not a big deal.
The family pool was very nice, but broken up into 2 pools where you had to leave one to get into the other. Not a big deal other than the swim up bar was only in the upper pool. It is not heated so the ocean was actually warmer than the pool when we were there. The one thing we enjoyed this trip was that we did not have to fight for seats around the pool. People actually took seats when coming to the pool instead of "reserving" them by 8AM by placing things on the chair. The bar service around the pool was also good. Adults can stand in the pool.
Well at the pool, the activities crew was always there keeping you busy if you want to be busy. I played volleyball on the beach and in the pool, horse shoes, water polo, and even dodge ball against the staff. You can tell they really enjoy playing with the visitors of the resort. They are not pushy, but will ask everyone to join in with them. They also try to involve the kids in the general games and pool games. They even run games for the kids along the pool.
Our boys used the kids club. It is for kids 12 and under. They keep the kids busy with activities of all sorts. Whether it is swimming or making crafts, they had fun. I just wish they were out of the kids club building more, but they are trying to keep the kids safe. They also take the kids to lunch and dinner which leaves you the opportunity to have an adult meal. Also was a great thing for the kids when it is raining.
The beach is very short. It is a very short distance from the edge of the sand to get in the ocean. The water was very clean, but lots of rocks on the ground. Make sure you bring water shoes.
We tried every restaurant and enjoyed them all. Just remember that they are trying to make food that fits everyone's style. Don't expect a steak from Ruth's Chris, just a good steak. If you want Hibachi, you better go early. Sitting down to the Hibachi takes 1.5 hours to eat so they have very limited seating. Other than the Hibachi we only had to wait for the Italian restaurant. For large groups, they always have the buffet with plenty of seating and choices for everyone. If you have a large group, you will need to get to the restaurant as soon as they open or you will be waiting a long time!
We were part of the preferred club. The only thing I really gained from it was WiFi. I could check my email from just about anywhere in the resort as long as I was near one of the main buildings, but not the pool. They also have a small room for the preferred club members to relax and have a snack.
The only real complaints I have are very minor. For example, there is a bathroom next to the pool, but the paper towel dispenser did not work for the entire week. They never did fix our sliding door that would not lock shut. (Didn't matter since we were on the 4th floor.) Those were the kinds of minor issues. Nothing to really complain about.
Enjoy your trip, we did. You will enjoy it here if you just want to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico