My husband and I love Mexico and have visited various areas many times, including several times at the Riviera Maya. We spent 7 days at Now Jade from December 1-8. We stayed in a preferred junior ocean front junior suite. The room was the highlight of our trip, because we had a corner room on the 3rd floor with views of the adult pool and beach from one small balcony, and sweeping beach and ocean views from the big front balcony. The room was big and had lots of light, though the bathroom was somewhat dark. His and her closets were nice, and the bed was very comfortable.One of our greatest pleasures on a beach vacation is to sit on the balcony, relax, watch and listen to the sea. We loved watching the pelicans dive right in front of us. We had a jacuzzi on our balcony, which we only used once, but it was wonderful to look out at the sea from a big bubble bath. I had read many reviews before choosing Now Jade, and was concerned the beach would be a disappointment. It was somewhat narrow in places, but it was perfect for long, beautiful walks. There are also several good places to go into the water. A wonderful feature of this resort is that several restaurants have great ocean views, and the resort is built around the ocean. Water sports such as kayaks and hobie cats were available, but the water was always too rough to go in : (
Unfortunately, much of the day the adult pool was cold also. I love to hang out at the pool, but did little of that on this trip.
Food: At first we thought the food was great, and it wasn't bad, but steam table food in the morning and at lunch gets a little tiresome. There were plenty of fish options, which we liked, but we wished for more grilled fish. Breakfast at the buffet was good, but I don't recommend Mercure for breakfast. All of the orange juice at the resort tastes like frozen oj poorly mixed. I guess I've been spoiled by the fresh squeezed orange juice at other Mexican resorts. The fresh fruit was sometimes ripe, sometimes not. The sweet rolls for breakfast were fresh and tasty. The specialty restaurants varied widely. We ate at Mercure twice for dinner, with a great meal once and a fairly good one the second time. We also ate at Capers twice with good meals, but a waiter who responded to my husband's request for a cappuccino: "sir, there is a coffee shop next door." Someone brought the coffee, but the waiter made it known it was a lot of trouble. At every other restaurant including Capers the first time, cappuccino was served with no issues whatsoever. CinCin was good also, but we thought Tamarindo and Spice were really bad. Don't get your taste buds set on sushi! And don't bother eating any guacamole at the resort unless they discover Hass avocadoes--the guac is runny, bright green, and flavorless. So sad to get no good Mexican food at the resort. The preferred lounge was a nice feature if you opt for preferred--they do have some decent liquor, but their internet is pretty spotty. The wireless in the room was good at first, then became unreliable.
Service: Most people were friendly, but I didn't get that wonderful welcoming feeling I've always felt in Mexico. Maybe the hospitality industry is getting too sophisticated in the Riviera Maya, or maybe it's just Now Jade. The waiters at the buffet, for example, often forgot coffee after promising to bring it, and rarely did we hear a heartfelt Hola! It's very easy to be private and left alone, if that's what you are seeking.
Entertainment: Not much--a few good things such as the fire show and the capoeira. We did enjoy dancing to live bands in the lounge a few times. We walked into Puerto Morelos a couple of times. If you know the path from the beach it takes a good 30 minutes to walk there. It's $10 by cab. We ate at a small restaurant there and got some small town Mexico feeling--ahhh! The hosts were gracious and friendly, and the food was fresh and tasty.
Bars and drinks: We did not frequent the bars too much with the exception of the lobby bar. A trip advisor reviewer had warned against the lightly rinsed hard plastic glasses there, and we found it to be the case that the bartenders were serving drinks in filthy, previously used glasses. We were served wine in 2 plastic champagne glasses with lipstick stains on them--ick!!! We learned to ask for regular softer plastic cups. As for specialty or premium liquor, the only times I asked (Jack Daniels or comparable whiskey, decent Mexican brandy), they weren't available. I was served a tequila sunrise that tasted like Tang! Guess they thought I was an astronaut. The mixed drinks, like Pina Coladas, were the usual syrupy mess. Que lastima! I might as well mention my pet peeve--the bars now serve "bud lite," for the crowd that expects it, but there is none of Mexico's excellent dark beer available at the resort. Why don't the resorts serve Negra Modelo, Leon, and Dos Equis amber?
Despite its shortcomings, we enjoyed Now Jade and would consider going back there, especially if we can get a similar room at a good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico