“Perfect Spot For A Relaxing Vacation”

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at Now Jade over thanksgiving 2013 after booking a very last minute babymoon. My sister had been there a few weeks before and had a great experience so we decided to give it a try. We have been to many all inclusive resorts throughout Mexico and the Caribbean. Now Jade stacks up with the best of them. As with any place, Now Jade has its challenges as well. In the interest of time I'll provide you with a quick reference list of the pros and cons, below that will be some Now Jade tips as I do think you should give it a shot.

Pros
Located away from the riff raf of congested areas in Cancun
Fabulous strip of beach in front
Plenty of towels and sun chairs
Crystal Clear Pools
Very very clean facilities throughout
Large rooms with nice size balconys and bathrooms
Entertainment is available and for the most part it's decent
Close enough to airport
Great TV line up
Beautiful lobby, restraints, and grounds
The help is excellent, super friendly and interested in your happiness. We loved Jonathan at the front desk, Antonio the bellman and the girl at CoCo coffee shop. The wait staff was great too

Cons
It's a lot of walking, things are spread out
The food is good but not great, as is typical, there was plenty, but it began to be the same thing in different forms rather quickly
No free wifi, come on its almost 2014. The wifi is so slow I wouldn't pay them the $17 a day they want, it's just not worth it
The staff spends a great deal of time trying to waste your vacation time to push you into looking at their vacation rental options. They were relentless and called early in the morning, stopped us in the lobby and did everything's they could to get half of our day to look at something we had no interest in purchasing

Tips
As your looking at the ocean, the right hand side of the beach is the very best and has few rocks, pick a spot there early, it's popular.
For the Japanese hibachi if you want to sit there you have to "make a call ahead" or go early
Do not, I repeat do not go to their VIP breakfast or listen to their bull regarding their vacation rentals unless you want to buy one. It takes much longer than they tell you and they are relentless
Use the regular pool, the adult pool is boring and has soft music and drunks
Bring some type of clips to hold your towels on the chair so they don't blow
Check out the iguanas sunning on the rocks by the port
Beware of the Mosquitos at dusk on the beach especially
Take advantage of the coffee shop, it's a great place for a snack, dessert, coffee and tea

All in all a very nice place, we had a great relaxing trip. If the price is right when you do your comparisons you should go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside of the building have a much better view than the buildings facing the property...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jeremy A
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Sir,

We are very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to read you had a relaxing vacation with us.

Feedbacks from our guests are very for important for us, because it is thanks to your notes, that we can improve our service, please be sure we will sharing your comments with the entire staff.

We are delighed to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our resort and service. We pride ourselvs in delivering a unique experience for all our guests and we are therefore delighted to learn that we were successful in achieving this for you.

Your kind acknowledgement of our team is truly appreciated and we have shared your feedback with them. Jonathan, Antonio and the Coco Café staff will be glad to hear they contributed to make your stay more enjoyable.

We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I love Mexico and have visited various areas many times, including several times at the Riviera Maya. We spent 7 days at Now Jade from December 1-8. We stayed in a preferred junior ocean front junior suite. The room was the highlight of our trip, because we had a corner room on the 3rd floor with views of the adult pool and beach from one small balcony, and sweeping beach and ocean views from the big front balcony. The room was big and had lots of light, though the bathroom was somewhat dark. His and her closets were nice, and the bed was very comfortable.One of our greatest pleasures on a beach vacation is to sit on the balcony, relax, watch and listen to the sea. We loved watching the pelicans dive right in front of us. We had a jacuzzi on our balcony, which we only used once, but it was wonderful to look out at the sea from a big bubble bath. I had read many reviews before choosing Now Jade, and was concerned the beach would be a disappointment. It was somewhat narrow in places, but it was perfect for long, beautiful walks. There are also several good places to go into the water. A wonderful feature of this resort is that several restaurants have great ocean views, and the resort is built around the ocean. Water sports such as kayaks and hobie cats were available, but the water was always too rough to go in : (

Unfortunately, much of the day the adult pool was cold also. I love to hang out at the pool, but did little of that on this trip.

Food: At first we thought the food was great, and it wasn't bad, but steam table food in the morning and at lunch gets a little tiresome. There were plenty of fish options, which we liked, but we wished for more grilled fish. Breakfast at the buffet was good, but I don't recommend Mercure for breakfast. All of the orange juice at the resort tastes like frozen oj poorly mixed. I guess I've been spoiled by the fresh squeezed orange juice at other Mexican resorts. The fresh fruit was sometimes ripe, sometimes not. The sweet rolls for breakfast were fresh and tasty. The specialty restaurants varied widely. We ate at Mercure twice for dinner, with a great meal once and a fairly good one the second time. We also ate at Capers twice with good meals, but a waiter who responded to my husband's request for a cappuccino: "sir, there is a coffee shop next door." Someone brought the coffee, but the waiter made it known it was a lot of trouble. At every other restaurant including Capers the first time, cappuccino was served with no issues whatsoever. CinCin was good also, but we thought Tamarindo and Spice were really bad. Don't get your taste buds set on sushi! And don't bother eating any guacamole at the resort unless they discover Hass avocadoes--the guac is runny, bright green, and flavorless. So sad to get no good Mexican food at the resort. The preferred lounge was a nice feature if you opt for preferred--they do have some decent liquor, but their internet is pretty spotty. The wireless in the room was good at first, then became unreliable.

Service: Most people were friendly, but I didn't get that wonderful welcoming feeling I've always felt in Mexico. Maybe the hospitality industry is getting too sophisticated in the Riviera Maya, or maybe it's just Now Jade. The waiters at the buffet, for example, often forgot coffee after promising to bring it, and rarely did we hear a heartfelt Hola! It's very easy to be private and left alone, if that's what you are seeking.

Entertainment: Not much--a few good things such as the fire show and the capoeira. We did enjoy dancing to live bands in the lounge a few times. We walked into Puerto Morelos a couple of times. If you know the path from the beach it takes a good 30 minutes to walk there. It's $10 by cab. We ate at a small restaurant there and got some small town Mexico feeling--ahhh! The hosts were gracious and friendly, and the food was fresh and tasty.

Bars and drinks: We did not frequent the bars too much with the exception of the lobby bar. A trip advisor reviewer had warned against the lightly rinsed hard plastic glasses there, and we found it to be the case that the bartenders were serving drinks in filthy, previously used glasses. We were served wine in 2 plastic champagne glasses with lipstick stains on them--ick!!! We learned to ask for regular softer plastic cups. As for specialty or premium liquor, the only times I asked (Jack Daniels or comparable whiskey, decent Mexican brandy), they weren't available. I was served a tequila sunrise that tasted like Tang! Guess they thought I was an astronaut. The mixed drinks, like Pina Coladas, were the usual syrupy mess. Que lastima! I might as well mention my pet peeve--the bars now serve "bud lite," for the crowd that expects it, but there is none of Mexico's excellent dark beer available at the resort. Why don't the resorts serve Negra Modelo, Leon, and Dos Equis amber?

Despite its shortcomings, we enjoyed Now Jade and would consider going back there, especially if we can get a similar room at a good price.

Room Tip: Room 7304 in the Preferred section is a corner king room with views of the beautiful beach in both d...
2  Thank ibawaya

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your first visit to Cancun and for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. We are most grateful for your king comments of our Resort.

We sincerely regret for any inconvenience you may have experienced. This is not the standard of what should be expected in the service we provide. We have reviewed your comments with our director of food & beverage so that they will be incorporated in meetings with the staff in the Restaurants for appropriate follow up.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again very soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Our group enjoyed this resort. Pros - Variety of good tasting food, great drinks, great service (Darius was a fabulous bartender at the beach bar), many pools (wish one would have been heated), nice rooms, and right next the beach. Cons - lack of entertainment, distance to major cities, and night life.
Overall - a great trip for the price.

Room Tip: I would definitely upgrade to the oceanview rooms. In our building anything under floor 3 could onl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

We are very happy to know you had terrific time. Thanks for all the feedback given about our property and staff. Darius will be glad to hear your gracious comments about his work.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to have another opportunity to recover your confidence in our service.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We have now been to every Dreams and Now resort in the Cancun area. We have enjoyed every one of them, including Now Jade. If you want fast paced, this is not for you, it is a place to relax. We had 2 boys that are now 12 and 9 on the trip with us.

The resort is in an out of the way location. If you want to be near the attractions, this is not the right area of Cancun. They do run many trips to attractions in the area if you would like. If you just want to relax, stay put in the resort. The rooms are along the outside edges of the resort which is both good and bad. It can mean more walking to things such as the pool. The restaurants and lobby are in the middle area of the resort.

We enjoyed our room which was a small suite. We had a great view of the adult pool and ocean from our balcony. The room had plenty of space for the 4 of us to get around. There were tv's in both the bedroom and family room which was a good thing. The only issue was that the shower area was very open so when my wife wanted a shower you had to close both the bathroom door and door to the family room to keep private. We did have an issue that our sliding door would not lock shut and a door handle was off. Not a big deal.

The family pool was very nice, but broken up into 2 pools where you had to leave one to get into the other. Not a big deal other than the swim up bar was only in the upper pool. It is not heated so the ocean was actually warmer than the pool when we were there. The one thing we enjoyed this trip was that we did not have to fight for seats around the pool. People actually took seats when coming to the pool instead of "reserving" them by 8AM by placing things on the chair. The bar service around the pool was also good. Adults can stand in the pool.

Well at the pool, the activities crew was always there keeping you busy if you want to be busy. I played volleyball on the beach and in the pool, horse shoes, water polo, and even dodge ball against the staff. You can tell they really enjoy playing with the visitors of the resort. They are not pushy, but will ask everyone to join in with them. They also try to involve the kids in the general games and pool games. They even run games for the kids along the pool.

Our boys used the kids club. It is for kids 12 and under. They keep the kids busy with activities of all sorts. Whether it is swimming or making crafts, they had fun. I just wish they were out of the kids club building more, but they are trying to keep the kids safe. They also take the kids to lunch and dinner which leaves you the opportunity to have an adult meal. Also was a great thing for the kids when it is raining.

The beach is very short. It is a very short distance from the edge of the sand to get in the ocean. The water was very clean, but lots of rocks on the ground. Make sure you bring water shoes.

We tried every restaurant and enjoyed them all. Just remember that they are trying to make food that fits everyone's style. Don't expect a steak from Ruth's Chris, just a good steak. If you want Hibachi, you better go early. Sitting down to the Hibachi takes 1.5 hours to eat so they have very limited seating. Other than the Hibachi we only had to wait for the Italian restaurant. For large groups, they always have the buffet with plenty of seating and choices for everyone. If you have a large group, you will need to get to the restaurant as soon as they open or you will be waiting a long time!

We were part of the preferred club. The only thing I really gained from it was WiFi. I could check my email from just about anywhere in the resort as long as I was near one of the main buildings, but not the pool. They also have a small room for the preferred club members to relax and have a snack.

The only real complaints I have are very minor. For example, there is a bathroom next to the pool, but the paper towel dispenser did not work for the entire week. They never did fix our sliding door that would not lock shut. (Didn't matter since we were on the 4th floor.) Those were the kinds of minor issues. Nothing to really complain about.

Enjoy your trip, we did. You will enjoy it here if you just want to relax.

Room Tip: The rooms are along the outside of the resort. If you have kids, ask to be on the side near the mai...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of Now Jade Riviera Cancun, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share such gracious comments about your recent stay with us, and especially about our service.

It is very gratifying for the Now Jade Riviera Cancun to read throughout your comments and realize that your stay with us was pleasant enough to spend your valuable time and sharing the experience with the Tripdavisor community. Your feedback and suggestion will be shared with the operations staff to improve our service in all possible ways.

Thank you for your comments about the Explorer’s Club. Kids love the activities. Thank you

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun very soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I spent seven days at Now Jade, from Nov. 30th- Dec.7th, with my wife for our tenth wedding anniversary. To put this review in perspective let me say I am one of those crazy travelers who checks trip advisor everyday until my trip to read reviews. After reading a lot of the really negative reviews, I was almost certain we made a bad choice. Now, I am almost certain, after my visit, that people who write these negative reviews are in two categories. Either they visited during a really busy season, in which its difficult to keep everyone happy or they are incredibly snobby and are looking for a JW Marriott caliber hotel which, although I loved my experience, this hotel is not.

If you are a low maintenance person who is looking to get away to a clean hotel, with great staff, nice beaches, pool, and edible food that is not the best ever cooked, but is good, this place is for you. My wife and I room was very clean and was cleaned daily. They actually send the maids around twice, once in the morning to early afternoon for the regular cleaning and again in the evening to check that everything was done to your liking and to make sure you have plenty of towels, water, soda, or whatever else you might need.

This hotel can be what ever you want to make it. If you want it to be a nice, quiet, relaxing vacation, stay on the beach or at the adult only pool. If you want activities and party atmosphere stay at the family pool where the entertainment team has stuff going on all day to keep you involved all day to 7pm. In fact they issue a schedule every night of games and activities that will be going on every hour on the hour the next day.

Let me also add that I don't think this is a resort for young single people. This resort in my opinion is more geared toward couples and families being there is not a clubbing type atmosphere for singles to be hooking up.

My recommendations, if you are visiting this resort, are as follows. Don't stay preferred unless you have/want to. It is a waste of money that can be spent on excursions and souvenirs. Preferred at this resort just means being adult at Now Jade. There is nothing the preferred club visitors can do that any adult on the resort can do. Its more of a no kids thing. But if you are an adult you can participate in everything preferred accept the lounge without being preferred. Hang out with the entertainment team Juan, Javier, Orlando, Manu, Itzel and Geo. These people are awesome, high energy great people who are personable and keep you involved your entire stay. They were hilarious. Also visit the Mix Bar by the beach after 4pm to hang with Darius. He is the best bartender on the beach and is the closest you'll get to a party atmosphere at the resort. The drinks he makes are incredible and he'll keep you "Happy My Friend".

All in all this a good resort with potential to be great. The only thing that would push them over the top are better nightly shows. The Magician is horrible. He does tricks that you could do at home. He claims to have been a Vegas regular, but you'll soon find out why he's not there anymore. They also have a comedian who was more a juggler than a comedian.They are clearly trying to have something for the kids. My suggestion for them is to have family shows at 7pm and have adult only shows at 9pm.

3  Thank Ronald G

Dear Sir,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing again our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.

We are so glad to read you had a great stay at our resort. We very much appreciate your nice words; it is always a huge accomplishment for our staff and management to hear that our guests liked the resort. We will share your feedback and photos with the staff, especially with Juan, Javier, Orlando, Manu, Itzel, Geo and Darius. They will be delighted to hear your compliments as well.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

It's definitely better than average. Seems to draw younger crowd. Rooms are tricky. The layout is such that if you don't pay attention....you could fall off the raised section into the sitting area. Resort is clean and comfortable. It has a more contemporary feel....not Mexican....lot of steel and glass. Pools are lovely. Beach is loaded with sea grass if you don't mind that...comes in off the water. Plenty of beach...pool chaises. Food was average but varied. Drinks were diluted. Liquor strait up or beer was best bet. Resort tended to be loud. This place isn't romantic....it's more fun. It's not intimate. Wouldn't make this a honeymoon destination or if you were looking for a low key quiet getaway. There was always a lot going on if you like that. There is a very nice outdoor dining area waterside.

Room Tip: Geared toward younger set rather than mature guests.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DaunaGermany
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.

We very much appreciate your nice words; it is always a huge accomplishment for our staff and management to hear that our guests liked the resort and even more that they had a very good stay. We will share your feedback with the operations staff.

Have a great day and thank you once again for your feedback.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This resort is definitely a great pick. We had not 1 problem. We had excellent service from every aspect of this resort from being picked up from airport, to arriving at resort, to bartenders, to pool activity team, you name it, they did an awesome job! We have already decided that we are starting to save up for another trip to this location.

We stayed in Building 1 room 1423.. We were asked at check in if we would like to upgrade to a preferred suite. We thought about it, and we are so glad we didn't. We had an awesome view, and we have a jetted tub in the bathroom with the amazing view, the same amazing view from our balcony. That view you can also see while showering. You are hardly in your room so to upgrade for a room with a tub on the balcony and a bigger room i feel is a waste of money. We had plenty of space, and i would pay for a view like that over space any day. Looking up at the balconies that had the tubs on them in the preferred suites, you would not have privacy at all. So like i said we were very glad we did not waste time on upgrading.

Our favorite person was Francisco who works at "The Mix" bar. He was ready for work everyday and always had a smile on his face! He does an excellent job pleasing each and every person that walked up to his bar. There is also a worker by the name of Zeus who walked around the pool areas on the Adult only side and the activity pools and just always had a smile and was always looking for ways to help or start a conversation. I freaked myself out before this trip by reading reviews from people saying they had bad experiences. Every bad thing i read was proved wrong because we had the best time. I tried so hard to remember peopls names and what they did just to make sure i had a review that would help someone.

The best thing this resort does is has a activity team that is by the pool everyday starting at 8am. They pass out sheets of paper in the night and slid them under your door, so when you wake you you know the activities going on all day long and let me tell you it is very entertaining and it gets people going, and gets people involved. My favorite thing to watch everyday is at 10am they have zumba by the pool. So many people get involved, it is very fun to watch. One day they had Spanish cooking lessons, they have Spanish speaking lessons, water volleyball, water polo, ping pong tables, dance parties. It was raining one day so almost everybody cleared, they grabbed a speaker and hooked it up blasted music pushed people in the pool, got volleyballs out, set up tables to jump off through hoops. They just made sure people stuck around to have fun regardless of the rain. Amazing activities group.

The food choices are amazing. We went to Capers the first night. We learned very fast that the portions are small but being all inclusive you can order what ever, how ever many times so we ordered one thing and then would order another thing to try. Capers is the Italian resturant and i believe was the best of them all. Spice is good but you can only eat with chop sticks and when we arrived we chose to sit at the table with a grill on it so they cook in front of you, well we didn't know it was considered "a show" so the menu they hand you is what you get to eat because that's what they cook. We had asked to move because i didn't like anything on that menu and would prefer to order off a full menu. Another thing i stressed way to much about and i wish i would have known more about before hand was the dress codes. They are not strict what so ever, we stressed if we would be able to get sat and eat not following correctly, and as soon as we would get seated we would see other people walk in with items of clothing that in the dress code was not allowed like flip flops or sleeveless shirts. So don't over think the dress code, because they are not strict.

We only left the resort 1 time, and that time was to take a taxi ride into Cancun and go to aqua world and do the sub see tour. You get on a boat that takes you out to the reef, to get on another boat that you go down below and sit and take a tour of the coral reef and look for fish, sting rays, turtles, sharks. It was a great experience to have tried but i will be honest with you. That taxi trip take about 40 to 45 mins to get there, the boat ride out to the reef was about 30 mins, and the tour took about 15 mins. I got super sea sick because the boats rocking and you are in a tiny small compartment with other people. It is not worth $40 bucks per person but it was a cool experience just to expensive.

Taxi rides are very expensive its $45 a person one way if you are heading to Cancun so if you are looking to go somewhere off the resort i suggest you book a trip that has taxi price included. For us booking the sub see our taxi ride round trip per person was only $17. Taking the trip to go on this tour and seeing the Cancun Hotel Zone we absolutely loved the location of the Now Jade. It is in a quite location and NO traffic and there are people but not an over crazy amount and we never got asked 1 time from anybody to do a time share, or buy something. You can totally relax at any place at anytime and nobody bothers you.

I really hope this review helps someone because like i said somewhere in this review i stressed so much about things because of the negative reviews i had read. None of the negative reviews that i had read prior to going even happened to us. We never had a bad point. The last thing i will say is DO NOT BUY souvenirs at the resort. The same things i was going to buy at the resort from the shops i found at the Cancun Airport for way cheaper! And the airport had better choices of things!! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in building 1 room 1423.. We had upgraded to a king size ocean view room. Awesome view ove...
7  Thank Chelsey W
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other resorts within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the resort. We are so pleased to know that the staff, whom we are very proud of, were always helpful with your needs. Francisco and Zeus will be very glad to know that their effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized.

Our executive chef is happy to read you liked the food at the specialty restaurants. Thank you for your observations about the dress code. We will share them with our Food & Beverage Director.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
#13 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya
Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya
#44 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!