“2 weeks at now jade”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Huntley, Illinois
“2 weeks at now jade”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We are getting ready to leave for home after two weeks here. Resort is very nice rooms are some of the best we have stayed in. Great layout. What makes this resort special are the employees. Arturo Delatore is outstanding he made our dining so special. Itzel is a hostess in several restaurants and she is great. Miguel Santiz pool concierge is so nice he goes over and above. Wanted to take him home. Dina and Axel in VIP services do a really good job of helping with anything you may need. Melena in VIP lounge has a smile and hello. Thank you to all great vacation

Room Tip: Corner and higher floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynneken36156
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking your valuable time to leave this posting on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our beautiful resort and the staff worked above your expectations.

We will share your gracious comments with the entire staff, especially with Arturo, Itze, Dina, Axel and Malena. They will be happy to read your feedback.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again very soon.

Cordially yours

info.nojrc@nowresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,511)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed from May 1st-4th. It was amazingly beautiful! The advice we received was top notch. The pools were nice. The adult pool was relaxing and quiet and the other offered activities all day. Both had swim up bars which were nice. The food was excellent no matter where we ate, but Spice was great. Victor was our hibachi chef. He was entertaining and funny. We spent a good bit of our days in the adult pool at the Reef bar. Sales a was an awesome bartender. Quick to get drinks and suggest something new. Our favorite part of the vacation was the Mix bar at night. Darius was the absolute delight of our vacation. He was entertaining and poured us drinks of happiness every night. More than the drinks though, he is the epitome of hospitality. No matter how busy his bar was, he treated every person like they were the only ones there. He receives five stars and made our stay an absolute pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ericbartholomew
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to receive acknowledgement of our commitment to create memorable hotel experiences and we will surely pass your wonderful comments to our staff, especially with Daiurs and Victor. They will be glad to read your great comments about their work.

We hope to welcome you back soon to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was my first time ever at a resort anywhere so I really have nothing to compare it to but I have to say that I had the time of my life. The resort was beautiful and clean and the service was awesome!!! I have to say that there where a few employees that stood out beyond all the rest the number one would have to be Darius he is the bar tender at the mix he worked the night shift and was awesome !!!!! I would go back to that resort just to see him if nothing else. He made my stay so amazing and was so much fun!!!! Another bar tender that I would say was pretty awesome would b Zepada from the adult pool at the reef!!!! He remembered my name all weekend after only telling him once and he was always right there to take care of me. For the wait staff I have to give a shot out to Carlos he was in the castaways he was awesome too!!!! All the food was good but I have to say that the Spice restaurant was the best!!!! Overall I think this place was awesome and would go back again even if it was just to see Darius!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad you had a great stay with us and hope you will stay with us in your future trips.

It is always good to hear that our staff was reliable and helpful. Any way they can make our guests stay more enjoyable is their priority. We will definitely relay the kind words you wrote about Darius, Zepeda and Carlos, they would love to hear that their efforts are being recognized.

Once again, thanks so much for your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Greetings from sunny Cancun!

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am a part-time travel agent. This was my second trip to NOW Jade.
For this trip, I organized a trip of 14 of my friends for a girls' trip April 25-30, 2014.
Age range for our group was 39-64. We all had a great time!
The resort has enough amenities to please everyone.
The quiet/adults pool has it's own swim-up bar and snack bar, but it is indeed QUIET.
The activities pool has great entertainment in the afternoon (around 3:00).
Restaurants were great! Especially liked the Sushi. Drinks were great as well.
Enjoyed the Lobby Bar before dinner for a before dinner martini.
Try a BLENDED mojito - they're great!
Highly recommend getting at least an ocean view room.
LOVED the coffee shop!
Recommend bringing an insulated mug for hot/cold drinks and a cool cup. Don't need a Super-sized mug, just one that will keep your drinks cold enough.
If you have an early morning flight home, I recommend ordering room service the night before and they'll send it to your room at the time requested the next morning!!
The beach was nice and you can take a long walk on the beach and there are no other resorts, except for one brand new one.
The beds are very comfortable.
I RECOMMEND THIS RESORT!!!!!

Room Tip: Recommend an Ocean View Room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Becky B
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Now Jade Riviera Cancun on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read just how much you enjoyed your stay.

We're pleased you had such a wonderful stay. It is our responsibility to ensure we exceed your expectations and this is an example of our commitment to customer service. We will share your feedback with the rest of the team.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Now Jade Riviera Cancun in the near future.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was at a destination wedding and it was a great experience. We went in as a group booked with a travel company and we didn't have to listen to any timeshare or upgrading stuff at all. They do try to trick you though by offering a coupon in our paperwork for a hotel credit if you go sign up for their VIP dinner with them -- where they will try to sell you the time share. One of my family members did upgrade his room and ended up very disappointed as the difference in the room was non-existent and the view was only good from out on the balcony where you looked at an angle to see the ocean. Some rooms have fantastic views but I guess its all luck of the draw as to what is available when you do your upgrade. I wouldn't recommend it unless your someone who wants to view the ocean as you wake up or party in front of the ocean on your balcony. We all thought the food was good. Liked the size of the resort as it wasn't small but huge either. Loved the drinks of the day both with and without alcohol. There was one of each featured in their daily news handout and they were always fun and interesting to try. The lobby and pool bars seemed to water down the alcohol more than the bar out by the wedding pavilion. There was always something going on so you could stay active and involved if you wish. I love sitting and reading so it was nice to go to the adult pool area and sit in a hammock over the pool and look out at the ocean that was only 20 feet away. Never had a problem finding a chair out on the beach to sit on with shade overhead. The beach is nice but does have some rocky spots so make sure you look out....it seems the beach in front of the adult private pool area is rockier and the beach in front of the general pool has been cleaned up more. Did pay for internet for the week and had alot of issues accessing it with any regularity but I also found that if you just call and complain they will send a tech out to fix it for you. Upon my 2nd complaint the tech brought me in a router to use and then I had no issues. Went to the spa with our bride as she got her hair and makeup done and it was nice but I personally wouldn't go there as the pricing even with the daily specials was very high. I went into town with a family member and attended a spa there with Mayan women running it and had a fantastic time at half the cost. Check in and check out were both very quick but at check out we did find it a bit confusing as there wasn't alot of direction given as to where we were supposed to wait for our shuttle. Overall - I would return and I would recommend the resort to others.

Room Tip: stayed in #4108 and I liked the location of the room as it was close to most everything but it is al...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank FanC100
Dear Sir /Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your stay with us, among all other resorts within this destination to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We appreciate your time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. All of the comments are shared with the operations staff to improve our service. We will also address your feedback with the UVC to let them know your thoughts. Thank you,

Once again, thank you for your feedback that will serve as an added inspiration for the team to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Starting with the positives:
-We were met outside the main lobby entrance right away with a clean cold cloth and promptly assisted to the preferred club lounge area for check-in.

the preferred club beach and pool area was quite nice- one of the things I actually enjoyed at this resort. Although, I wish they had enforced the "quiet and relaxing preferred area for adults only" a bit more as there were some rowdy crowds that drowned out the sound of the waves.

The preferred club lounge was a pretty decent. There was always a selection of snacks (ie. finger foods and pastries) as well as access to a decent coffee machine. Service in the preferred lounge was always good.

Negative:
We specifically asked for a king-size bed when we booked the hotel (two months ago) but we were given two twin beds which was disappointing as this was an early wedding anniversary trip. The reason we were told was that they had a full house. I understand that we weren't guaranteed anything (ie. specific requests) but the concierge was speaking so fast in her thick accent (as if she was reciting it without thinking about the person sitting across from her) without much care and consideration. When we expressed that we requested a king bed, she did not even make the effort to apologize. Just said that they had a full house. A "get over it" kind of attitude.

Food:
if you like quality food and if you know the different between authentic asian food vs. americanized asian food then all the restaurants at Now Jade will be an utter disappointment. the "authentic" asian food at the restaurant Spice was terrible! I think I tasted better quality asian food in fast-food chains in Canada and the States then this place. Meat in the pork and chicken dishes were too chewy and way too sweet- like sweet and sour pork with syrup...

The French cuisine at Mercure (for dinner) was mediocre. I wouldn't say it is authentic French. French onion soup was okay. The steak (filet mignon) consistency was kind of.. spongy. Soft, but spongy. Breakfast at Mercure (for preferred club guests) was below average. They make a better omelette at the buffet breakfast at Carnival.

Just FYI: Wifi is definitely not high speed.

Room Service:
We ordered room service four times during our 6 day stay at now jade.
According to the service manual (or pillow menu), it is supposed to take approximately 35 minutes. Three of our meals/snacks took at least one hour. The nachos, fries and wings were all soggy and lukewarm. They even failed at Mexican food... we could tell the nachos were not made with fresh shredded cheese-- the nachos were completely covered with what I would bet is liquid cheese from those cheese machines.

The second time around we ordered two meals and a drink (margarita-- nothing exotic or too fancy). Almost one hour passes, and nothing. We get a phone call and the female employee on the phone asks us "If it is still ok" to bring the food. No apologies, no explanations. nothing. Of course we were sort of flabbergasted and said yes we still want our food.

15 minutes later (so 1hr15min total), our food comes. We are hungry by that time so we are eating our food-- then realize that my drink isn't here. But we don't want our food to get cold so we finish our food then I call them back. I advised them that they forgot my drink. The answer from that same female employee was, "It is almost done". By this time I'm kind of angry so I asked her if it takes an hour and half to make one margarita. Then she asks me to hold (says she will check)- she comes back tells me the same thing- "We will bring it now- it is almost done". I advised her that this is poor service and the least she could do is apologize or give an explanation. She doesn't seem to understand me and repeats the exact same line. I'm so frustrated I just hang up.

I understand that sometimes things get busy and there are unforeseen delays. Nobody is perfect. But good customer service also entails recognizing when a mistake has been made and responding with a simple gesture- an apology (and not repeating it again 24hrs after).

After all that, guess what? we never received that drink. Ha! Didn't even bother calling.
If the hotel has a full house, then the employer should staff the resort with adequate employees so that the quality of service doesn't get compromised.

Our room temperature could not be manually controlled. It was too cold so we just ended up turning off our room AC and turning on the ceiling fan only (kind of made the room a bit humid). And the fans in the room and the washroom both made noises (like the ones that old fans make..)

OVERALL:
This resort is not really a place you want to go if you want a romantic, relaxing and quiet getaway as a couple. If you want to party and enjoy a rowdy crowd with loud music then this place is for you. They seem to have programs for children and teens but we didn't utilize those programs so can't say how good/bad they are.

Most of the employees that we came across didn't seem to want to be there. Service, food quality, ambience and facility was average to below average-- especially when compared to The Beloved Hotel in Playa Mujeres (where we stayed two years back).

We would not return to Now Jade again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunnnyB
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided on your recent visit to our resort with the Tripadvisor community.

On the outset, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during the course of your stay. We value our guests’ feedback because this in the way we can know about our distinguished guests experiences as well as to have the opportunity to improve our service in all possible ways.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your confidence with our resort

Kind Regards,

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I want to reassure guests because I read a review discouraging going there. I loved everything about it after just getting back to Canada from a week family wedding trip. Although I was terribly worried beforehand about my 1st resort, it was or nothing. I brought 2 packages of Kinnikinnick English Muffins (traveled well, sliced into 3 -4 each for bread, toast or burgers) & 2 boxes of Breton Crackers & cookies I didn't need most of it. The dining restaurants have gluten free signs on their menu & generally have something in each category. Besides that I was asked to make a reservation each day for supper before 3:30 @ front desk. We by-passed the line-ups outside, as they were expecting us. I printed off & showed a gluten free travel card with English-Spanish & I am sure that card kept me free from gluten & cross contaminated so I felt well the whole time. The card- http://glutenfreepassport.com/allergy-gluten-free-travel/gf-translation-cards/gluten-free-spanish/

As soon as I handed it to anyone, the chef came to my table to let me know what they could do for me. When I saw anything else they tried to make it special just for me. I got all the lovely pancakes I wanted & they had maple & honey syrup. The food was more "pure" not cutting corners like on cruise ships using boxed eggs containing wheat. No they eggs were there & you watched them make it. You put the ingredients on a little plate to be cooked in your pile then into your omelet. But it was the same grill so I just tried it once.

The receptionist named Izsa at Castaway Restaurant ( by the pool) invited me to the preferred breakfast fine dining twice. (we were in lower cost section)
Castaways Restaurant put my bread into their frig so I had burgers on toasted buns for lunchs. They had bread but it was crumbly. I brought flaked nutritional yeast in
my purse to sprinkle on things for cheesy taste without cheese & also turns creamy on wet lettuce as salad dressing. Daily I chose fruit & bacon at Carnivel Buffet. As the mango & papaya where so fresh & delicious I piled my plate high. Just outside there's a coffee shop so hubby got his tasty cup there & brought it into buffet. Everyone loved the buffet & many eat only there because it's huge & much better than any buffet I've ever seen. They had sliced beef at breakfast & roasts for lunch that I could have had.

The buffet fruits, cheeses & salads weren't close to anything with gluten that could cross contaminate them. Although if would probably be best to use your own spoon to put it on your plate since you don't know what the serving spoon touched on another person's plate. I ate there for the fruit & mostly because all my family were there. Otherwise I'd have stuck with Castaways for lunch & breakfast where I could have had toast made from my bread. I got Room Service only once & had a fruit plate with double order of bacon although I could have had eggs made up in any fashion.

All the chips are made with wheat, but they have little packages of gluten-free corn crackers. Also their guacamole has wheat but they made a huge bowl just for me & chopped raw tomatoes, onions etc into a fine salsa (my bowls were about 5 times larger than what was being shared at the other tables !) In the Mexican Restaurant I twice had fajitas with fresh made warm gluten free warps that were really yummy.

The wedding had a special pre-ordered meal for me, tasty & filling. I tried the sushi served at the pool after talking with the people there & showing my card. In the pool came floating along a big raft full of all sorts of fruit on skewers made into flowers ...what a treat !! All the water is bottled even in restaurants, don't even taste the tap water there because it's full of minerals that cause the runs. The meals were garnished & presented professionally . The gluten-free food was flavorful, not bland. It was our first resort, (usually take cruises) but I
felt safe knowing what I could have. So I time I noticed they garnished some refried beans with some colored corn-wheat chips... My adult daughter who is gluten intolerant chose to eat chips there & got very little reaction so there can't be much wheat in them. But I have proven Celiac & usually do stricter SCD /Specific Carbohydrate Diet except for special occasions, then I just do gluten free. In my opinion meals are far healthier at NOW JADE RESORT (compared to cruises) with smaller portions, (although you can order double
of anything) less starchy, less fat, not calorie rich, sugary, less dairy with fresher & more exotic fruit & veggies. If you want a fancy drink the bartenders on the beach itself give the most alcohol with the least flavor syrups & mistakes ...just talk to him rather than the waiters. Our only excursion was to non profit Jungle Spa (nearby Puerto-Morelos) for massage ...Wow the Mayans know special healing techniques for mine & my daughters tummy & everything else. I've tried every method of massage/body work...I got the benefit of a healing center, very unique & without high fee. Google Jungle Spa. The resort itself has massage & everything there...even massage on the beach, Mexican handicrafts & hair breading... so other than that we stuck around the resort & enjoyed what it had to offer. I hope I get a chance to return to this resort for the whole experience that is way more than just food. All the staff smiling & greeting you the whole week long . The entertainment was generally better than on cruise ships. And there was never a dull moment. The beach & pool hammocks...well, it was love at first sight. I'm really tempted to go again later this year.

At Cancun airport are abt 3 Johny Rocket Burger places & I found on cruise ships they have gluten free burgers using lettuce. I had trouble with 2 attempts wrong, so I
got the manager to watch the process & get my burger on a plate then used my own buns & also made a BLT at my table for the plane trip. I wished I'd had my travel
card handy that time, but I managed because we had lots of time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene L
Dear Madam,

On behalf of myself and the entire staff at our resort, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort over numerous others in the area, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We are so happy to read you had a wonderful stay at our resort. We will share your feedback with the entire staff. They will be so happy to read they contributed to make your stay more enjoyable. It is always a huge accomplishment for our staff and management to hear that our guests liked the resort and even more that they had a very good stay.

Our executive Chef will be so glad to read your fabulous comments about the food and we are so glad that you enjoyed the Gluten-Free selections available in our restaurants.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to welcome you again very soon!

Greetings from sunny Cancun!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Moon Palace Cancun
#22 of 175 in Cancun
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Ocean Riviera Paradise
Ocean Riviera Paradise
#77 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!