Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
La Casa de los Angeles(Puerto Morelos)
  • Pool
Hotel Hacienda Morelos(Puerto Morelos)
  • Pool
Hotel el Moro(Puerto Morelos)
View Hotel
Cabanas Puerto Morelos(Puerto Morelos)
View Hotel
Suites 918 Hotel(Puerto Morelos)
Condo-Hotel Marviya(Puerto Morelos)
  • Beachfront
9,775 results
All reviewscin cinmix barcarnival buffetpreferred clubentertainment teamadult poolfrench restaurantocean viewpreferred areapreferred poollobby barspice restaurantsexy chocolateother resortsgreat resortpool conciergepreferred room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

How much time do I have? First off, I'd like to say I read all the reviews here and because I know each place has bad reviews, I thought I'd give it a shot and ignore the bad reviews. Yes, the resort is beautiful. The beach is beautiful, a little rocky in areas so be careful. The restuarants were not good. I went to Spice (sushi lovers will be soooooooo disappointed!!! Kroger has better rolls), the buffet is average (breakfast consisted of making my own omelettes, and fruit). Mercure (the fufu french restuarant) humilated us because she didn't have our "preferred status" on file. We upgraded to the Preferred guests on our first day and she basically was telling us we had to leave once we were sitting down about to order. We told her to speak to Dina, (mind you we had been dealing with this for two days) and she came back embarassed. I know she was doing her job, but there's a way to tell someone, and I mean really....your going to refuse service to a guest because their not a "preferred guest" it's not like the place was packed and the food was not even that spectacular. As far as being in "preferred lounge" they served moldy rasberries. I told the waiter and he brings me a brand new box of rasberries, I open it...again...mold! I told him, he said I"ll fix it...he comes back with the same box, the rasberries squished and washed. I passed. Tamarindo was decent, mayan inspired cuisine. The service was horrible. The waiter made me feel like I was being a pain, for example, he kept forgetting my ice for my warm water but there were more events that he did like forget napkins, silverware. ALL of the restaurants are small and warm, bathrooms are HOT, so you are literally misted of sweat while you eat. The drinks are all warm, it's like they were limited on ice, and when I did get ice, that drink would get warm right away! I knew going to a touristy place like this I wasn't going to get top notch food, but it really wasn't good. Service....coco cafe...good coffee (strong) but one of the girls in there had an attitude. When I wanted to make coffee in my room, guess what...dead ants in my coffee pot. I think they were in the brewing area because I hadn't seen ants in the pot. I had complained about the ant problem the first day, and nothing was done. You try to change rooms and they will NOT accomodate you. I felt like the reception area was against you and only wanted to make you spend more money. I will say, the kids club was great. The ladies in there were super nice (I think one was Adriana, and Jade should really take care of her because she really was positive and accomodating at all times) My 3yr old actually asked us to go back every day so that did impress me. I always love the ocean, so that is what I enjoyed but you can get the ocean and a better resort. Room service takes at least one hour, for hot dogs and cereal. Oh yea...take plenty of sunscreen because I thought I did, and ran out my last day and one bottle was $25, not the hotel but the shops. I'd take 1-2 bottles per person if your staying a week.Overall, kids had a good time and that was my point of this trip but there was so many bad things that happened with service, and cleanliness that I would never go back. Ever.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle H
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your current stay at our resort. All feedback we receive is taken seriously and those aspects of the property and service that we can directly affect, we will certainly look to improve.

Your comments in relation to breakfast have been duly noted and of which we apologize for the disappointment. Your very valuable feedback will be shared with the operation staff to improve our service in all possible ways.

We appreciate your good feedback about the Explorer’s Club, Adriana will be so pleased to read your comments about their service.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in our service.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The now jade offers a great variety of restaurants, shops, bars, spa treatments, two different pools (family or adult only). The entire staff was excellent from check in to check out. The beach is fantastic, the tropical drinks were outstanding, the rooms are very spacious with modern decor. I would highly suggest staying at this resort.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank William1996

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post you recent experiences at Now Jade Riviera Cancun on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you for your gracious comments about our services and facilities. All feedback is important to us and yours will serve as an added inspiration to the team at Now Jade Riviera Cancun to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced during your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back to Now Jade Riviera Cancun.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I were married at the Now Jade on February 4, 2014. We absolutely LOVED our experience there! It was nearly perfect, and affordable to-boot!

The staff are fantastic and the resort itself is BEAUTIFUL! It's clean, the rooms are beautiful, and the beach is spectacular! Between the never ending room service and the multiple activities, our friends and family were never bored OR hungry!

The food was always good and the drinks were good too! A couple of our guests upgraded to the VIP club and had access to internet (which we did not), so depending on how important it is to you to have internet while in paradise... this might be an option worth looking into!

The Coffee Shop was AMAZING - who doesn't want unlimited lattes and baked goods? The a la cartes were unlimited and that in itself is worth the money!! Capers was amazing, SPICE was absolutely fantastic and the buffet was even cool!

I highly recommend booking your stay at the Now Jade! It's located close to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen, only a short ride either way and so there are unlimited opportunities for adventure and fun!

XPLOR Fuego was AWESOME!!! I'm afraid of heights... darkness... small spaces... you name it, but SOMEHOW Xplor Fuego was fantastic!! Definitely worth the money!! Fun for the WHOLE family!

I wish we were back there right now! See you soon Now Jade! I believe an anniversary trip is in our near future ;) - can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room if possible... Or, more specifically, one where the glass shower overlooks the ocean... my shower at home has never been the same since :(
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank apuech

Dear Madam,

“Home away from home... if home were in Paradise!" what a great title for a posting! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed both the resort and the level of service that you received. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photo.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed the Coco Café, Capers, Spice and the Carnival Restaurants. We will share your feedback with the entire staff.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and we look forward to welcoming you back to Now Jade Riviera Cancun in the near future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Let me preface this by saying we are cruise people who like being dropped off in the middle of everything with tons of stuff to do and lots of adventures to have. We also like the structured activities that the ships provide. With that being said Now Jade is a beautiful resort with very friendly staff, beautiful rooms and stunning views. The resort is off the beaten path and kinda far away from everything which makes it difficult to walk into town (you will need a cab which costs $12 each way to get to Puerto Morelos which is about 7 minutes away). The only real way to do things off the resort is to plan excursions. Even though its 2 1/2 hours away I would recommend the Chichen Itza excursion, it's $124 per person, but if you do the time share presentation you can get one ticket for free. It is amazing.

Back to the resort...the humidity in June is pretty unbearable and for some reason most of the public areas are not air conditioned very well. I do understand the doors to the lobby are opened often and it is hard to keep that large space cooled, but the small restaurants shouldn't have such a problem with it. It was difficult to eat dinner while you were sweating. My favorite restaurants were Cin Cin, Spice and Castaways. The dress codes for dining were a little annoying because you are on vacation and what guy wants to wear dress pants and shoes with 80% humidity and not much AC. I think golf shorts and boat shoes should be good enough.

The pools were great and the swim up bars were nice...not many people got out of the pool during the day so make sure you don't swallow any of the water ;-) Pools close around 7, probably to clean out all the yellow water.

Drinks were not so good. I didn't see top shelf liquor at the bars, I really didn't see middle shelf liquor either. It was stuff I had never seen before. The mixed frozen drinks such as mudslides and pina coladas were wayyyyy too sweet. I felt like they were made for children...minus the whole alcohol thing. I stuck with beer and mojitos which were really good.

The beach was perfect, sand was soft and water warm. There are tons of chairs everywhere so you don't have to fight to get a good spot. Make sure to bring LOTS of sunscreen because you will use it!

The staff is welcoming, cheery and always willing to help you with anything you need. We didn't see one person who worked there who wasn't friendly and trying to take that extra step to make your trip a special one. That was one thing we noticed that was different from the sometimes weary cruise staff who are at the end of their 6 month contract. There was a waiter at Cin Cin on our last night who was just wonderful. It drives me crazy that I can't remember his name, but he is from Chichen Itza and spoke with us about our excursion and told us he speaks Mayan, Spanish, English and Italian. I was so impressed with him and I hope the resort reads this review so they know what a great guy they have working for them.

For the most part we had a good time at Now Jade. We had never done an all inclusive before so for our first one it was a fun experience.

Room Tip: You really don't need the preferred. We had an Ocean View room and it was right over the pool and looked out on the ocean. Ask for room 1324 and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cece9922
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of myself and the entire staff at our resort, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing again our resort over numerous others in the area, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We are pleased to read you liked the rooms, specialty restaurants, pools and the service provided by the staff. We will share your feedback with the entire staff.

Thanks very much for your nice words, it is always a huge accomplishment for our staff and management to hear that our guests liked the resort and even more that they had a very good stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Now Jade was mine and my husband's first time at an all inclusive resort. We don't have anything to compare it to, and we're also not picky people, but how could you have a bad time with your toes in the sand and drink in hand and SUPERB service. Miguel Santis, the pool concierge who was mainly at the adult pool, was very friendly and a smiling face everyday. He always made sure things were going well for you and was so pleasant. Also, the adult pool bartender that was up on the concrete area, Zepeda, always made my shark bite drink just right! He was also a very friendly face. Damaris, one of the pool waitresses was such a kind heart and always there to get you a refill very quickly. The staff at this resort were all great. No complaints about the service and friendly faces.

The restaurants were delicious. Mercure the French one was AMAZING. Pablo, the waiter at Mercure was the best waiter we had at all the restaurants and loved, to help us learn some simple Spanish. We went to Mercure more than once. Buffet for lunch and breakfast had anything you could imagine.

The adult beach area was great because it was quiet and not crowded with kids. I would recommend bumping up to preferred club to be closer to this part of the beach and to get the extra perks. Well worth it. Near the adult beach is a Marina you can walk through that have awesome iguanas/lizards that are huge and there are a ton of them to see. Very neat!

Some of these negative reviews on here might be from people that can't be content. If You are an easy going person and love great food, service, accommodations, and understand that things may go wrong because humans aren't perfect, then this resort will far exceed your expectations. Nothing was below par for us. We enjoyed every minute and plan on coming back again; maybe even for 10 days next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank djka2011
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice words, it is always a huge accomplishment for our staff and management to hear that our guests liked the resort and even more that they had a very good stay. We love the tittle of your review "Fantastic first time”

It is very gratifying for the Now Jade Riviera Cancun to read throughout your comments and realize that your stay with us was pleasant enough for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Your feedback will be shared with the operations staff, especially with Mgiuel Santis, Zepeda, Damaris and Pablo. They will be happy to hear the contributed to make your stay more enjoyable.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again very soon.

Cordially yours