I was pretty disappointed in this resort for the following reasons:
- overall the resort wasn't pretty - it seemed to be lacking some greenery or flowers or things that make you say "wow". No wow factor
-buffet was pretty bad. Especially the sewer smell right when you walked in. Lunch was alright but dinner was gross.
-In regards to dinner - guess they want you to go to the restaurants. I'm not sure which is a better system for resort restaurant reservations: to make you get up a the crack of dawn to make a reservation or try to go eat and find out there is a 45 min wait (which is the case in this resort). One thing they did do well was give you a buzzer so you could at least go have some drinks.
-speaking of drinks - I've never been to an all inclusive where it was so hard to drink. Waiting times in the pool bar were ridiculous. And definitely "tippers" were served first. If you wanted to order a wine bottle to the room it was $25 but glasses of wine were alright?
-we had dinner at Oceania restaurant one night - we must have waited for close to an HOUR for our appetizers. Dinner was even longer. And it would have been somewhat tolerable had they been able to serve wine - but they never gave the bottle (we were a table of 6 so that would have made sense) Trying to flag down a waiter to ask for another glass was impossible. They were way understaffed. That seemed to be a common theme.
-WIFI is MAYBE only in the lobby. And if you are a Canadian on a Rogers phone - I barely had ANY service. So not having WIFI in the rooms is also a bit brutal.
-Halls are loud...if you are a light sleeper you will hear people walking and talking in the halls during most hours.
The drive into the resort is on a very bad road with lots of pot holes. It is a slow bumpy go. I feel bad for the drivers that need to do it every day
-finally - the whole phenomenon of tipping at an all inclusive is a bit of a challenge. You could end up spending a lot more money every day and is sort of against the concept of an all inclusive. It was definitely clear the more you tip here the better the service.
On the upside, the rooms were nice, very clean (no little ants like at some resorts) and the Spa was nice and well stocked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico