Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
US$318
US$329
US$229
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$263
US$756
US$678
US$672
6,985 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillel patioswim up barexplorers clubkids clubfrench restaurantcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatorfamily vacationdestination weddingcocktail hour
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We just returned from Dream Riviera, and overall, it was a wonderful experience. The staff is always smiling, helpful and really seemed to care. The facilities are as good as any of the 10+ Mexican resorts we have stayed at, from the East to the West coast, all rated 5+ stars, and most presenting themselves as a 'spa' type facility. If you are looking for a resort that is more adult only, than this may not be the right place for you, but if you don't mind young children, go for it.

The food was never anything but top notch, and you can always find an alternative if you were not particularly interested in the buffet or room service. It there is something you really need, and can't find, there is usually someone who can either acquire it for you, or provide you with a reasonable alternative. The no reservation policy for the four 'theme' restaurants was really nice, and we never had a problem getting a seat, but we usually ate a bit later around 8:00 PM. Be aware that not all of the restaurants are open every night, but it is documented in the daily bulletin delivered to your room.

The bars are usually well staffed, and provide a pretty high level of service, considering how busy they can be. The pool and beach bars never failed us, and we could always get what we wanted. The bar tenders can also provide some very interesting suggestions if you let them have a go at preparing something different for you. They like to deviate from the usual daiquiri and margaritas whenever possible. Better grade liqueur is always available, so just ask when they are preparing things for you, if you want something specific. The lobby bar is a great place to hang out in the evenings, after the amazing evening shows to meet other travelers, and share a drink or three.

The beach was very nice, but while we were there it was red flagged off and on, for several days, mostly due to a heavy chop. I would not recommend letting the kids play in the ocean without an adult close by under a red flag, by otherwise, not a big issue. There are life guards, and ever present but low key, security keeping an eye on things, so you shouldn't need to worry. In Mexico, the beach is Federal property, so there may be people trying to sell you sailing, fishing, snorkeling, massages, etc., but they are not intrusive, and usually won't approach you unless you look like you are interested and wave them over. Hotel security seems to keep them on a very short leash.

We were present for two weddings, and the hotel seemed to do an amazing job putting everything together, including a very elaborate and seemingly complex, Indian wedding.

Liquor in the rooms is pretty much restricted to beer and soda, but we were able to have other options delivered to the room on request. Keeping the very accessible bar fridge, full of liquor in a very family oriented resort may not make a lot of sense anyway, but if you need something with a bit more kick, you can have it brought in.

The pools are quite nice, and well suited for kids to play in. There is one that is no more than 18" deep for the little ones, something a little deeper at about 3' for the older ones, and then an deeper one for the adults, that includes the swim up bar. My personal preference would be for it to be an adult only pool, but this is not the case. I and my wife just preferred sitting on the beach, under a cabana, close to the beach bar and the wait staff.

At check-in, you will be handled very quickly and smoothly, and over the course of the week, I had several interactions with the front desk staff, and they were always ready and able to deal with anything I needed. Very professional, and very helpful.

One of the things you will be subjected to, just after check-in, is a low pressure pitch to take a breakfast meeting to discuss the 'vacation club' which is a pitch to sign up for the Amresort vacation club. When we explained we had had these types of 'meetings' before and really were not interested, they moved on to other things that were more important to us, and didn't press the issue. Basically, they are just trying to expand the access to the various Amresorts properties, the parent of Dreams, so don't feel obliged to participate if you are not interested. We were not pushed at all. Not that it wasn't interesting, just not our style of travel/vacation.

So, short and long of it ... Nice resort, great staff, excellent food, and if you ask my wife, a wonderful spa. Great place for families with younger kids, honey moons, and couples who don't mind having a lot of kids around. If you are really looking for more of an adult only facility, or something that would interest teens, there are probably better choices in the Amresorts group, such as Secrets, Breathless Etc. Check out their website if you are interested.

Room Tip: If you like a sunny balcony, try for a room ending in something between 14-32 (Eg. 1532), and shade on rooms from about 38 and up (Eg. 1540)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carcioni
GerenciaDRERC, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear carcioni:

It is a pleasure to read through such a detailed overview of your visit to Dreams Riviera Cancun. We sincerely appreciate the time invested on writing this review.

We would certainly be glad to have you back for another round of a wonderful stay. Please feel confident to reach us prior your next visit at info.drerc@dreamsresorts.com if you need assistance prior arrival.

We look forward to have you back at Dreams Riviera Cancun, your home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Rewards,

Dreams Riviera Cancun

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This was my 4th AMResort (Secrets & Dreams) trip within the past two years. I'm a travel consultant by trade.
Both my brother-in-law and I travel about 3-4 times a year between us to either Mexico or Caribbean. We came here for week (3/26-4/2) with our families. I have to tell you, this was by far one of the best FAMILY ORIENTED resort that we been to. The food, ALL service staff (bartenders, waiters, and maids), presentation to details, rooms, grounds and other amenities were just impeccable. As part of AMResorts concept, love first come/first serve versus making reservations in advanced.

Staff people duly noted: Griselda (reservations), Carlos (front desk), Sal (entertainment), Armando (beach service), Veronica (lobby bar) and Ines (café shop).

GOOD JOB ALL, KEEP IT UP!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ashur E

Dear aenwiya:

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Dreams Riviera Cancun. Our team looks forward to having you back in a not too distant future.

Rewards,

Dreams Riviera Cancun

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been to many all inclusives over the past ten years and at different price ranges too. I know this wasn’t an adults only BUT they advertised supposed “premium and unlimited luxury” multiple times. So I expected a first class hotel and especially at the price we paid. Overall there were some very nice and “luxurious” things at the Dreams Riviera but I laugh at their advertised “premium luxury”. This hotel is NOT WORTH the price they charge. I would NEVER go back to another Dreams hotel. I am not sure if it is just this Dreams but I feel cheated and the whole line of Dreams hotels has been ruined for me. Which is sad as I was going to take another vacation late this summer. Now to quickly summarize the pros (as there definitely are some nice things about this hotel) and the cons.

Pros-
> Clean rooms, in fact all service staff (bartenders, waiters, maids) are very friendly and helpful
> Specialty restaurants- very good food, great portions (not too big to waste food) and I love first come/first serve versus making reservations in advanced so we actually got to try them all. Sure we waited a little sometimes but you had your buzzer and could sit in the lobby with a drink while you waited. We ate at Bordeaux (French), El Patio (Mexican) and Portofino (Italian) and loved them all. The appetizers and first courses are even better than the main courses which are still good!
> The buffet restaurant for breakfast and lunch was AMAZING! Great food choices with basic every day options and a variety that changed as well. The fajitas were fresh cooked to your order infront of you!!!
> Lifeguards at the pool, which I have never seen at an all-inclusive, and they really did monitor kids in hot tubs and running around pool area. This was fantastic!
> Really big pool towels and plenty of them without those stupid towel cards and turning them in a night
> Live music in the lobby was awesome and varied each night. I didn’t want to go to bed one night as the singer was rocking contemporary music with his guitar.
> Gym is smaller but decent sized and indoors with air conditioning.
> Plenty of bottled water everywhere you went.

Cons-
> Mini bar only has soda and beer (I’m used to at least the little bottles of alcohol to make drinks)
> Premium alcohol is hidden from guests and only offered if you ask for it. I am not exaggerating, they actually hide it below and only advertise basic alcohol. When did Absolut become “premium” vodka. At the swim up bar and pool bars they don’t even have anything premium (not sure about beach bar) available, hidden or not!
> Some specialty restaurants are closed different nights and we didn’t get a list so we missed out on some choices (supposedly with turn down service the next day’s calendar comes which lists open restaurants but our turn down service was hit or miss).
> First afternoon we got there we were so excited and went to the swim up bar where we saw (and I am not exaggerating) the bartender reach into a plastic bag of USED glasses and fish out two semi clean DISPOSIBLE plastic cups to make our drinks. No thank you. How appalling! Next time I will bring my own glass.
> For advertised Wi-Fi throughout this is a joke. I had to work while there so Wi-Fi everywhere was a main attraction to this hotel and I could barely get a signal (which constantly knocked me off) from the lobby. The room was even worse, a joke! They would give you a code but only one person could use it so how did they know if that code was being used by someone else already! Probably why I was constantly kicked off the WiFi.
> I have been to multiple all-inclusives with different classes of ratings and all of them offered some shrimp and lobster at least once or twice a week. This place has NOTHING: A tiny lobster appt at one restaurant but it was all chopped so could be leftover shrimp disguised as lobster.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BeccaDiaz
GerenciaDRERC, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear BeccaDiaz:

Thank you very much for your detailed suggestions. Our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

We look forward to have the honor of welcoming you back home to offer you a truly remarkable experience.

We truly regret hearing that our evening dining options have not met your expectations; we encourage our guests to provide us with their feedback in regards of our services during their stay in order for us to be able to offer them the best memories and experiences of their holidays with us. Therefore we appreciate your kind remarks and be certain that your comments will not be overlooked.

Dreams Riviera Cancun & SPA

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My bf and i just got home from The Dreams Cancun for wedding and it was amazing! We are also slightly picky when it comes to hotels with their service, food, amenities, etc, but we had no complaints during our stay. Our room was great and walked right out to the ocean. Service at all bars and restaurants was equally great. I had a problem one evening with my wifi and within seconds concierge had someone on the phone walk me through the problem. Cleanliness was a 10 out of 10 which is my biggest pet peeve on vacation. Everything was perfect, would recommend it!

Room Tip: People talked about the "Preferred tower" rooms... we actually downgraded from a dolphin room (bc thought itd be noisy.. which it wasnt anyway) and figured we'd get any room when we got there bc we didnt do the preferred....instead we got an amazing room that was ground left on the other side of dolphins just feet from the beach and had a walk out patio to the ocean. ask for those instead!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa Marie A

Dear

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Dreams Riviera Cancun, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

Dreams Riviera Cancun & SPA

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We visited this resort March 2014. This was the first and last time we will visit this resort! This seems to be a nice resort for children and would recommend this to families. For singles or newlyweds, find an adults only resort. Food was nothing to brag about. Pool bar service was horrible! They need to clean the beach daily, so much seaweed. People save lounges at the pool and then do not arrive until late morning, staff does nothing about this problem! Sal from the entertainment team was great! Very friendly!

Room Tip: We had an end room by a linen closet and the maids were very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Misskay2014

Dear

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

Management assistant,