I have stayed at Dreams Resort and Spa between May 24-31st with my family. This fairly small but absolutely gorgeous resort is approximately 25-30 minutes drive from the Cancun International Airport. Within less than fifteen minutes from our arrival we were taken to our squeaky clean and beautiful room 12409.
The room itself: Natividad did a spectacular job of cleaning our room on a daily basis and replenished all the goodies needed ( coffee, suntan lotions, soap). I must be honest and say I was not a huge fan of this modernist twist of a bathroom area with no privacy whatsoever between the shower area and the sinks. Considering I was traveling with my family it was irritating at times to keep on kicking everyone out of the room or to yell out no peaking! oh and another issue I had with the shower was the lack of control one could have over fixing the water temperature as 95% of the time I was forced to take boiling hot showers after full days in the heat. but these opinions do not warrant a deduction in the marks. Did not go with the intent of spending much time in the room so other things matter more. We also had a hot tub on the balcony which was also spotless and a delight to relax into, and another hot tub close to the shower area in which I did not go but heard no complaints so it passed the test!:)
Pool/ Beach Area: The pool and beach area are very well maintained and kept clean throughout the entire time I was able to see maintenance staff and cleanup crews removing algae and rocks from the beach. Right now the resort is not in the midst of busy season and we had no issues finding towels or beach chairs both at the pool and beach. The Infinity pool was my personal favorite, the temperature was perfect and absolutely stunning. There is a swim up bar at the infinity pool with a very wide selection of drinks including top shelf liquor. Another bar with cute little swings can be located just a few steps away from the infinity pool right on the beach but i was not overly impressed with the quality of the drinks there. By both pools ( activity and infinity) there is also a waiter(server) that will come around constantly to make sure you are doing well and to bring you more tasty drinks or water. His name is Jose and he is fantastic. I had interesting conversations with him and he is an outstanding person.
Food and Drinks
There is so much food at this resort and it is all very very delicious on the entire property. Hope your jeans you will use on your way from the airport and then going back have some extra room in them because you will gain weight for sure!:)
Their buffet World Cafe is filled with amazing dishes that will satisfy even the picky eaters ( yes i am guilty of this myself). They are also not stingy on the super pricy ingredients. a true 5 star experience! **The whole team here deserves recommendations and hugs but our favorite staff member award goes to Joel ( during the morning he works weekly rotations one week main buffet area and one week breakfast only for the himitzu side which is a more quiet and peaceful side in which you get the same amazing food and treats minus the waiting times and crowds. He also worked lunches on the large buffet side.)** Of course you can go to the other side at the main buffet to find more treats and enjoy them on the quieter side.(Himitzu) By day two or three even the front desk girls knew our names and exactly where we liked to sit and were funny and great as well.
You will not need reservations for their a la cartes which are unlimited on this property. You can choose from El Patio ( Mexican)- they have a very good menu comprised from tacos, burritos, meats, seafood, ceviche. Their food was absolutely amazing so we chose to eat there on 3 of 7 nights as we loved it the most out of all of them. Our favorite server there was Alfredo, such a funny and attentive guy. He made our dinner experiences fun and great.
- An Italian restaurant which we tried on one day only and we were not impressed by anything we ate( risotto that was way too salty and shocking seeing how great all the other dishes everywhere on the resort were and ossobuco that was more of a different cut of beef) my advice would be go to the buffet instead of this restaurant the food will be absolutely delicious.
- The french restaurant was also delicious. The plating was cute and the food was delicious. Everything I tried was very very tasty- fillet Mignon, oyster soup, onion soup...
- By the pool there's also another a la carte restaurant opened during lunch time where they have a pretty good menu with super delicious nachos, tacos, quesadillas with shrimp, burritos. everything i ordered there turned out fabulous and the service was always amazing there as well. but then again I must wish you good luck finding a rude staff member on this resort!!!! it will be close to impossible.
Lobby bar and Privileged Club Bar:
Cecilia of the lobby bar was super nice, warm and friendly throughout the entire week. What a great staff member you have there. and when she told me she was a new addition to your resort I was in shock. We were highly impressed by her great service and please tell her Emilia from Toronto says hi!!! I miss her already!! Mayra in the privileged bar was also doing a really great job.
Thank you Dreams for an amazing place that made my vacation unforgettable. Thank you once more to the outstanding staff members that deserve all the applause and recommendations ever: Jose ( pool area server) Joel ( Himitzu side World Cafe breakfast and World Cafe main buffet area for lunch, Cecilia ( lobby bar), Mayra( Club Privilege) and Alfredo ( El Patio restaurant). The other staff members were great as well but these mentioned went above and beyond.
Can't wait to return to this beautiful resort. you will not regret vacationing here and I highly recommend this resort, dear readers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Destinology, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico