Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Official Site
US$598
US$572
Bookit.com
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$263
Cancelon
US$650
Cancelon
7,007 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillel patioswim up barexplorers clubkids clubfrench restaurantcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatorfamily vacationdestination weddingcocktail hour
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this resort with my boyfriend and a group of about 80 people for a wedding ranging from like one year old to old! Lol. It was an amazing week and I would love to be there right now. The only reason I did not give this a five star rating is because 1. I wrote multiple emails prior to leaving for the vacation and no one wrote me back and 2. The disco closed wayyyyyyy too early (1am). And 3. We reserved an ocean view and it really wasn't I could kind of see some blue lol

Some highlights of this trip and awesome things about this resort obviously besides the beautiful wedding we attended were:

- there are two places besides the buffet and pool snack food place where you can actually sit at lunch and order off a menu, at most resorts it is buffet or snack bar only
- the July 4th celebrations were an absolute blast, thanks Americans! They set up all day, had an awesome show, dinner and dancing on the beach and fireworks!
- Staff was extremely friendly everywhere we went, Carlos at the swing bar we miss you!
- top shelf liquor.....blame it on the goooooose! Lol
- rooms were different then a lot of resorts I have been to, really nice, roomy bathroom, bed faced the door
-most food was really good and I loved at the pool food area you could get fresh pizza and have things made fresh for you, fries always hot etc.
- for my boyfriends birthday they put a banner on the door and a really sweet man brought him a cake to our room :) even though the cake was a day late lol it was very nice and super cute!
- hot tubs were actually hot and lots of bubbles and two of them!
- jacuzzi very nice in room
- pool was very nice
- beach was awesome
- bf loved the volleyball
- little coffee shop super cute
- decent wifi considering it was free

Minor things they could work on:

- entertainment staff getting more activities going during the day and fun competitions etc, I didn't see a lot compared to other resorts
- better music and more of a variety of it by the pool, I heard the song space jam enough to last me three lifetimes lol
- better music in disco, some nights were ok and some nights requests were played but I think it could have been better at times and I really wish it was open later
- bars by pool could be open a tad later and swing bar

I am nit picking because no resort is "perfect" but all in all I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to have a relaxing or non relaxing time lol. We also did go in to Playa Del Carmen one night as well and it was a lot of fun.

I would recommend of course bringing stuff for your stomach because some peoples stomachs were a bit sensitive which I think is normal drinking and eating like that everyday but just be prepared. Also, bring A LOT of bug spray. I can't stress it enough. Just get the hardcore stuff and put it on every night before dark. People didn't understand why I did that but after about a day or two they did lol! You may still get a few but the spray will help A LOT!

Have fun, enjoy every minute.

Ash

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DanceAsh
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went here Jully 8-15, 2014 and had a great time. Very hot. So next time I go to this area I will go during a cooler month, or I should say less humid. The staff and hospitality were great. Hung out in the main pool and at beach bar most of the time. It's so hot you have to be in the water or you will sweat buckets and be uncomfortable. The food was great too. Compared to a cruise ship, this resort is upscale. The room was excellent as well.

I do have some negatives which is why I give a Very Good over Excellent. There is no where to hang out that is air conditioned. Only in your room or a resturant. The lobby is open air. Bad idea. Lobbies should be a comforatble place to hang out and meet others. The lobby was so hot and humid that it wasn't fun. You just sit a sweat. Also, drinks. No concept of cold. The beer is very warm and a drink with ice "heilo" gets hot before you can drink it. Solid ice would help. They had hollow ice which melts fast. Not a big deal. But the open air lobby really turned me off from coming back to this place. Not saying this place is a dump, because it is really nice. They also need to have desigated spot for weddings. They had 2-3 wedding a night and they take space away from others who are not involved in the wedding. Bad idea. Don't infringe on other paying customers.

Room Tip: Ocean view close to the ocean. The closer to the ocean, the more breeze you have and can enjoy time on the balconey.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Went with my family in July and had a great vacation. The location and amenities were excellent. Upgrade to the plunge pool. You'll be glad you did. Great food and drinks. The waiters did everything to make our stay memorable. Waiter Martin that works in the World Cafe and in the Seaside Grill was one of the best servers I have ever experienced.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter Y
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family (me, my husband and two children) recently stayed at the Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa for a family wedding. What a lovely time we had! The resort was fabulous! There was so much to do - playing pool ping pong and water volleyball, participating in poolside contests, going to the beach, going out into the sea for water sports, cooling off in the tranquil infinity pool or just kicking back in a lounge chair with a cold drink - it was all so fun and relaxing. The view from our Premium Ocean View room was nothing short of spectacular, both day and night. The variety of restaurants is sure to suit any appetite and all of the food was delicious. We did not have any stomach issues while staying at this resort.
To be on the safe side,we did take probiotics for a few days prior to leaving for Mexico, but I truly think we would have been fine even if we had not. The resort staff was attentive and tried to anticipate our every need. I highly recommend Dreams Cancun Riviera for a luxurious and relaxing vacation!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AnnieRez
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Everything was world class. Rooms & facilities were outstanding and the staff was superb in every respect. The food was top notch from the restaurants to the casual pool side dining.

Special mention to all the staff members including, but not limited to:

Edgar
Bernabe
Luis
Gonzalo

The list go on, but I can't remember all of the names.

Thank you for making this special.

Room Tip: The only negative is that Wi-Fi service is horrible. Although no one goes to this place intending to use the internet, there a re occasions where a connection is needed and the access was terrible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Frank M