Casitas Kinsol
US$313
US$329
US$229
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$263
HotelsForEveryone
US$756
US$678
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest houseplace to stayfriendly hostsado bustropical paradiseminutes from the airportalainpuertopesostaxikitchenettemexicoguesthousevacationpalaparivierafrench
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This is a funky- cool place, but I do not know how anyone sleeps here.

It's like sleeping in a cabin, which is a cool idea, until the mosquitoes come and eat you alive!!
We stayed in "the most popular casita" which is really cool looking with a loft. But the old, falling apart, stairs made it very difficult to get luggage up them.

This room has a little balcony overlooking the road. But the road is a relatively busy one and the head of the bed is about a sidewalks with away from the road. So road noise is an issue in this palapa.

My wife suffered from occasional asthma problems, usually from mold, and being inside the casita flared them up big time. She ended up sleeping outside on a hammock so she could breathe better.

While it is a cool concept, the traffic, the loud bar music until the wee hours of the morning, the breathing issues and the mosquitoes, I find it difficult to give this place a high rating, though I want to because of the feeling of treehouse/ camping it brought back. I just realized why I no longer sleep in treehouses or camp in the middle of town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank mike M
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Sadly Kinsol was our final stay for our trip so we only stayed one night. It was a great last night, despite a small snafu. The hosts were super helpful and had great suggestions for food and activities. The power went off at midnight and they responded right away and worked for an hour to get it up and running. As far as we could tell that is NOT a common occurrence. The room was clean, cozy and welcoming not to mention awesomely eclectic. I would recommend Kinsol to anyone.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Alain was so helpful that he stood out as the best host we had for 3 weeks. Before arriving he gave us useful advice to avoid getting taken advantage at the airport - every word he said happened and we were able to handle the situation like a local instead of tourist. He gave us countless good advice on travel throughout the area. The hostel itself was wonderful. For the price it was fabulous. It is in the colonial part of Morelos and yes, you get the smoke, dogs barking but there hasn't been a place yet in Mexico where that isn't so. Don't forget they cook with wood. They room itself was clean, and while the bedding linen wasn't five star, either was the price. This place was the best place we stayed in three weeks. Would recommend it to anyone that wanted an authentic Mexican holiday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was impressed with the quality of this hostel for the price I paid. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet Natural Environment. Location was excellent and walkable distance to the Bus station and Beach!. Staff was friendly and helpful with giving us a map, directions, and opinions of places to go. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They have room with Air conditioning now!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rob V
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

After a lost passport moved my flights out to a very busy week I had to rejigger the trip and glad it included this home. I arrived to Christine and her 3 dogs with a very encouraging welcome. Alain called a taxi, I went to town hung out in the beach and enjoyed my last night of fresh ceviche. Nice place to feel like a local and still close enough to the beach. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to see what Mexico should be like since Tulum has jumped the shark.

Room, spotless, a pet fish to keep you company, very nicely appointed and everything thought of if not just ask. Wish I had stayed a few more nights rather than a quick overnight before an early flight home. Next time!

I will be back! Closer to town and playa would have given it 5 stars. But nothing wrong at all!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo