“Best snorkeling trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Diving Dog Tours

Diving Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving Dog Tours provides a unique Fishing or Snorkeling experience in a tranquil atmosphere - aboard well- equipped boats , where you are not treated as one of many, but as an individual. We are 15 minutes from the Cancun airport.
Manitou Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

We just got back from a week on the Mayan Riviera with some friends. One of the friends was the one who set up our trip, so she'd have to attest to the ease of booking aspect though I think she said it was a cinch. we took a 15 or 20 minute taxi ride from our resort (Iberostar) to get to Puerto Morelos.

During our week in Mexico, we did 3 snorkeling trips aside from snorkeling on the resort beach. On a previous trip we snorkeled in Cozumel, but we were lumped in with a bunch of scuba divers and so it was like us snorkelers were an afterthought. The Cozumel reef we swam over was nice but deeper...so you couldn't get up close to the coral or fish, and I really didn't see much.

One of the other trips we did this time was through the resort we were at. it was nice, but the guide sort of "salted" the water by crumbling up a biscuit to attract the fish. I enjoyed it anyhow. And Xel-ha is always a favorite, the fish just get so huge in there--but no real coral due to the mixed water. So that's my spiel on the OTHER snorkel trips.

All this to say; Diving Dogs was by far the best of all that we've done in Mexico. Martine and Roger were our guides and so good-humored and knowledgeable. The reef was shallow and the coral was fantastic. There was a huge variety of fish and I really appreciated seeing everything in this totally natural habitat...without the aid of biscuits or theme park. The guides set a good pace and pointed out the most interesting things. we also got the longest snorkel time at two different sites with different flora and fauna, compared to the other places we went.

This was the best snorkeling we've done, regardless of price, but the price (even if I factor in our taxi ride down and the tip we gave the guides) beat out everything else we did as well. I also appreciated Puerto Morelos. To be sure, the stores on the plaza are aimed at tourists like ourselves, and on the flip side I can say I really love the pampering we get at our resort...but I really like the toned-down, laid-back attitude of a small seaside village.

Next time we are in the area, I am going to make a point of another Diving Dogs snorkel trip!! I highly recommend them!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KBlikestogoplaces

California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“out of business?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

I've been trying to book a snorkeling trip with Diving Dog. But their phone number seems to be disconnected and the inquiry form on their website does not seem to work. Are they out of business?

Visited October 2012
2 Thank BillStickers_7
Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Easy to Plan and Book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

I booked a snorkel tour via email prior to the vacation. They boat picked us up on the beach as planned and my boyfriend and I got a private snorkel tour at two different locations on the coral reef. The tour included all equiptment and a bottle of water. The guides spoke english and pointed out different fish and sea life. We had a great time and would book with Diving Dogs again.

Visited August 2012
Phoenix
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Diving Dog is Safe entertaining Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Called Kathy Loretto to set up Snoreling at Puerto Morelos. We had tough time connecting by phone. She was able to send me an e mail and from there a problem free reservation for snorkeling for my wife and me. Kathy met us on the morning of our snorkeling trip at the main dock with complementary gear with our price of $30.00 for a couple of hours on and in the water. Her expert team of Erik and Martin saw to it that we were well treated, saw great variety of reef fish and turtles. We felt like our safety was always a high priority and we shared the boat with only one other small family. Erik let us spread out a bit so that each group had plenty of space and we felt we had the reef almost to our selfs.
I recommend sun screen before you arrive if you choose to use. This reef is a National Park and sun screen is not allowed while at the sight. 2 hours is a long time to be out there w/o some kind of sun screen for us gringos! So take action before you are on the boat.
When we go back to this area we will with out doubt use Kathy and The Diving Dog again!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Harry H
Calgary
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“This is worth doing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We booked for 9am but had to switch to 2pm due to massive hangovers. There was no problem with this and we appreciated the accomodation very much. Kathy met us at the dock and was very friendly and helpful, telling us about some of the places to check out in Puerto Morales. Not sure how the equipment was because we brought our own. You can't beat the price (it was expensive to get to Puetro Morales by cab, but it was worth it) It was a private tour with just my boyfriend and I, and Eric swam with us and showed us a lot of cool things. He even took our camera down for a close up shot of an eel and we thought that was awesome of him. He brought up a few conch shells as well as a sea cucumber that we could hold. I wish we could have spent more time there as it was so beautiful! We saw a baracuda briefly as well as a sea turtle which was really cool. Definitely check this out rather than doing a massive snorkelling tour when you're in the area!

Visited July 2012