I have stayed in many of the all-inclusives in this area, and this was as nice as any. We went as a family of four for a family wedding. The wedding was handled beautifully, excellent food and service, fun DJ. We did not stay as preferred guests, so I can't comment on the adults only pool or any of the other "preferred" perks, although I do find it a bit tacky that it exists at all within a pricey all-inclusive. As for the rest of the trip, here are my pros and cons:
PROS: The layout is spacious but buildings are close enough that you never need to walk more than 5 minutes or so to get to the lounge and restaurant area.
We found the rooms to be very quiet-in fact the quietest we have had at an AI. We stayed on the ground floor in building 6, and did not have a problem with mustiness but my kids were next door and they did. The rooms were dead quiet at night, noisier during the day due to the non-stop golf carts that are used by the service staff. Building 1 by the pool would be quite noisy with music from the lounge and sometimes the pool area at night, so if you like to turn in early, keep that in mind.
Mini-fridge is refilled daily, and if you run low you can call room service to restock it. We filled the ice bucket with ice on the 2nd floor and took our Coronitas down to the beach. There is a beach bar, but no Corona.
There is no lining up for reservations for the restaurants, they give you a pager so you can hang out in the lounge area until your table is ready. Still not sure if this is a pro or con, the waits could be long, especially for large groups.
Nice pool with a shallow area (large steps) that was great for the little kids to play in.
Food was average for an all-inclusive, although the Lemongrass restaurant was very good. They have a hibachi table where they do the whole show for you.
The resort offers free calling to Canada and the US, although we never tried it and I have no idea how complicated it is or isn't.
Right after we checked in, one of the employees introduced himself as our "concierge" and asked us to have a seat while he showed us the layout of the place. But first he wanted to know if we have ever stayed with Amresorts before, and showed us where all the other resorts are located on a map, and then tried to book us into a breakfast at 8 am the next morning to show what benefits loyal customers get. He insisted this was not a time share spiel, but it sure was. They call this a "vacation club", and when we tried to say no to the breakfast, he was incredibly persistent and insistent that we go. After roughly 8 hour of travel we found this quite annoying, to say the least. After saying "no" no less than 5 times, he finally took us to the bellboy.
My only other gripe is that there is no casual poolside restaurant. The Bluewater grill is actually a sit down service and requires shirt, shoes etc. So having lunch means leaving the pool/beach area, getting some clothes on, and either going to the buffet, or the grill, which was closed half of the days we were there. In the pastat other all-inclusives, I have enjoyed eating right by the pool, grabbing nachos and guac, and not having to leave everything for lunch.
The buffet area is also quite warm, no air-conditioning, at times it was stifling but then again we did go in May.
Also there are no taxis waiting at the lobby-usually there is a taxi line-up and a board posting the fares. Across the street is a "taxi stand" but they wanted 4 people per trip, and only had one large ad board advertising trips to Playa del Carmen, etc. They wanted $140 roundtrip to Akumal, whereas in Akumal the taxi stand charges $50 each way. Before leaving for your trip, I would see if there is a taxi service in Puerto Morelos that you could call for cheaper service.
Preferred guests get to reserve the palapas on the beach, but infront of buildings 5 and 6 they were up for grabs.We never had a problem getting one.
Enough said.It was an enjoyable trip, very typical style of resort for this area. We found the dreams resorts to be nicer.
PS> catch the fire show-unbelievable. Stay for the whole thing. you will be wowed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico