This was our first time to Desire but for almost every couple we met, it was one of many trips there. The term they call themselves is "repeaters". The staff are friendly, courteous and hospitale. They always had a "hola!" and could not do enough to pamper each guest. From the moment we arrived from the airport, we were greeted with smiles! We weren't shocked by the clothing optional thing at Desire. We have been to other resorts that are similar and we're well-versed in the lifestyle. We knew what we could possibly see during our stay.
Like a lot of reviews say, the rooms are a bit small. They are VERY clean. The food was delicious! Definitely try Suki! The hibatchi chef is very talented and entertaining. The waiter staff in all the restaurants are very attentive and very eager to please -- especially our waiter Ivan. He knew the time we came in every evening and even had our drinks waiting for us. Where can you get service like that!!!! Like other reviews note, the action around the pool is fun. Vanessa, Diana and Hector make it a lot of fun for everyone whether you are participating or just watching. My husband won a contest and received a spa treatment. Very nice. We also need to mention that the wait staff around the pool -- especially Sylvia -- do a tremendous job. We never had an empty glass! And she always remembered our drinks.
The theme nights are a lot of fun. And there is entertainment planned for each evening related to the theme. The club is small -- but a lot of fun. Lots of dancing and people to see/watch. The playroom is on the small side -- and it's very hot in there. Temperature I mean -- there were a few couples playing but I'm sure they were sweating from the heat in the room.
The legendary jacuzzi is awesome. We went up there every night after dancing in the club. It was a nice way to hang out and meet friends. The swim up bar is nice too. The bartender at the jacuzzi is very attentive and even made the ladies a special drink called "Bare Naked". Let's just say we had a few too many cocktails in the tub.
Lots of fun in the wee hours of the morning at the lobby bar (which is open 24 hours). They not only serve drinks but also sandwiches and pizza. Everything is very good. We saw the lemur (a monkey that resembles a raccoon). He was begging for pizza lol. And we also saw the alligators in the pond at the front of the resort.
The people that vacation at Desire are all very unique and diverse. We loved that. Most people were very friendly. Some were a bit stuck up and cliquish. And some were just into their significant other. Whatever your situation -- you will fit in.
It was our first time at Desire AND it will not be our last. We want to become repeaters. We are already planning a trip back with some of our friends.
If you have any questions, please email me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desire Resort & Spa is a unique couples only resort, the first and only of its kind in Mexico, that located on Cancun’s Riviera Maya will surround you with amazing landscaping and a deliciously erotic atmosphere to unleash your imagination and stimulate your senses. A place of freedom where fantasies become real, a place to abandon inhibitions and truly be you. Imagine sharing this paradise with like-minded couples who also seek a sensuous, clothing optional upscale venue or an adventurous lifestyle experience.Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya is a unique, adults only resort (+21) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag and Holiday Gems so you can book your Desire Riviera Maya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desire Hotel Riviera Maya
- Desire Resort Mexico
- Desire Resort & Spa
- Cancun Desire Resort
- Desire Resort Cancun
- Desire Resort And Spa
- Desire Riviera Maya Resort Mexico