Well, we have just returned from our second trip to Desire. We were there a little over a year ago and, although we never thought it possible, we may have had an even better time this trip.
The service has really improved. For example, both years when we checked in we asked for an extra set of sheets and blankets. Last year it took an effort to have this request fulfilled. This year we checked in, went for dinner, and when we returned to our rooms the sheets and blankets were there. This services in the various bars and restaurants was excellent. The resort should do everything it can to keep the current service and activity staff. It is hard to point out one person when everyone was so good, but Carlos at the lobby bar deserves a special mention.
Food was very good. It is a buffet style for breakfast and dinner, but there are always fresh choices at the grill. Of the two specialty restaurants. we preferred the international one. We had no complaints about the room.
Now to what really makes the resort, the people. We met some wonderful people and made some true friends. We really like the fact that there is so much social interaction. You can easily meet and talk to most anyone there, something that just would not be possiible at most resorts. Altough everyone is friendly, most people tend to gravitate towards people with similar interests and smaller groups will naturally form. A warning though for those considering Desire, it is a lifestyle oriented resort so you must be comfortable around that activity, whether you participate of not, or else you might want to consider another resort. We did talk to a few couples that seemed to have booked without the realization of what might go on there and they seemed quite uncomfortable.
Overall, a great vacation and we have already put down a deposit to return for Halloween week. Thanks to the wonderful people we met (C&B, C&W, A&P, M&F, and C&M).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desire Resort & Spa is a unique couples only resort, the first and only of its kind in Mexico, that located on Cancun’s Riviera Maya will surround you with amazing landscaping and a deliciously erotic atmosphere to unleash your imagination and stimulate your senses. A place of freedom where fantasies become real, a place to abandon inhibitions and truly be you. Imagine sharing this paradise with like-minded couples who also seek a sensuous, clothing optional upscale venue or an adventurous lifestyle experience.Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya is a unique, adults only resort (+21) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Desire Riviera Maya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desire Hotel Riviera Maya
- Desire Resort Mexico
- Desire Resort & Spa
- Cancun Desire Resort
- Desire Resort Cancun
- Desire Resort And Spa
- Desire Riviera Maya Resort Mexico