The "cabañas" are actually more like apartments, each one with a kitchenette, living area, bedroom, closet, bathroom, and balcony. There are six total in the hotel, with a nice pool in the front. From the second floor you can see the ocean. The hotel is only one block from the beach, and about a 10-minute walk to the main town square, making it very quiet.
On the plus side, the unit (we stayed in #6) was large and breezy, and had a fridge, 20-liter jug of purified water, Wi-Fi, and fully-equipped kitchen. They also provided a very nice playpen for our 10-month-old. Kris was waiting for us and was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay, which was two nights.
On the downside, the A/C unit in the bedroom did not cool the room down at all. The showerhead was completely calcified, but we notified Kris about it and the handyman came up right away to change it out. There were also ants in the kitchen even though we did not leave food out, but in this climate that's hard to combat.
We stayed for the weekend and found it to be in a nice location and with the right amenities for a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temporarily closed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Atrapalo so you can book your Cabanas Puerto Morelos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas Puerto Morelos Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Cabanas Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Cabanas Puerto Morelos Riviera Maya, Mexico