“Azul raises the bar on all inclusive”

Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Azul raises the bar on all inclusive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

This is our 3rd experience of the Azul Beach Hotel- it is perfect for us to relax and unwind. About 1.5km off the motorway and only 15 mins from Cancun airport this is an absolute beach havan.
The hotel facilities are first class and General Manager Noa and his staff cannot do enough for all guests to make this an unforgettable vacation.
All the staff are amazing but worthy of an extra mention are Ernesto (food and beverage manager) Wilburt(the most amazing barman who knows so much about Tequila) Hans (the beach manager who was always on hand to spray me with evian water when needed) and the fantasic waiters(Armando,Louis, Carlos and Omar) but too many to mention they were all fantastic.
The extension to the hotel is great but please do not get any bigger as what attracts us is the very personal attention..
About to book to return next year to what is a very safe, exceptionally clean, and gourmet inclusive little gem in the Carribean.

Room Tip: New swim up rooms are great but nothing more romatic than to rise and watch the sunrise for the olde...
3 Thank Frank H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (846)
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

In September, my husband and I returned to Azul beach resort, where we were married the year before. We were beyond excited to return to Azul for several reasons- we couldn't wait to see our friends at the resort, we had gotten very friendly with the staff while we were there for our wedding. We were also looking forward to seeing the changes they had made in the resort, when we were there last year they were remodeling one half of the resort. Lastly, we really just needed to relax and enjoy the beauty of the resort, the food, and its people.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Alfonzo and staff that had remembered us from our wedding- we were welcomed with open arms and it felt like we were home again! They upgraded us to the Honeymoom Suite on the newer side of the resort in Section 8. W.O.W. it was absolutely beautiful!! We couldn't believe how big it was compared to the Deluxe rooms that we, and all of our guests, had stayed in the last time. It was just gorgeous and so roomy, it had a giant bathroom, a living area, and a balcony with amazing views. A few minutes after we arrived to our room there was a knock on our door and we were surprised with a bottle of champagne!

Everything from the drinks, the food, the beach beds, and the exceptional service, exceeded our expectations. We had a romantic dinner on the beach which was stunning, and we both left feeling more relaxed then ever. We love the Azul properties so much that we even became Exotic Travelers, a frequent traveler program that is phenomenal!

My husband and I couldn't have left any happier or rejuvinated, I know we will be going back soon!!

Room Tip: The newer section has suites that are perfect for families with small children or honeymooners. Sec...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mazzusuff
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed at the Azul for the 4th time in October - this place is the perfect relaxation resort.
The best part is the long road seemingly going nowhere until you turn in to the resort, as soon as you enter reception you can see the beach - brilliant view.
The hotel has been undergoing refurbishment and expansion (now 140 ish rooms) which is nearly finished, in our opinion this has enhanced the place.
There will be a second pool bar to accomodate the extra rooms and 2 extra restaurants bringing the total to 5.
The new suites are beautiful whilst the standard rooms are functional and clean - we do not spend much time in the room.
Staff are great - from the General Manager Noe to the staff who are nonstop cleaning.
To name a few - Ernesto (F&B Mgr) is always on hand, Hans (Beach Mgr) who never stops, Sergio the fantastic beach butler, Jorgio entertaining everyone - so many more.......
We will be returning next year - that I guess is the best compliment I can give the place :-)

3 Thank Limpey
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I am a travel agent and spent 3 nights at Azul beach almost two weeks ago. From the moment I arrived, I felt so happy to be there! We were greeted by such kind staff and were brought to the check in area. What a concept, NOT checking in at a resort in front of a large counter! We were offered cool towels and a glass of bubbly. Upon checking in, we were offereed a pillow and 'scent' menu for our room. Within minutes we were all checked in and we were guided to our room. I will say, this is the only disappointment of the stay, we were placed in the 'older' section of the resort. Granted, the view from our room was amazing, but it would have been fun to stay in the new section. I really hope Karisma chooses to upgrade the older suites. The room was fine, the bathroom small, but the beds were comfy.

We were there when it was raining like crazy, the first day was the only true sunny day during my entire trip to Mexico - which was a major bummer. The sandy beach was perfect, there were plenty of lounge chairs, including beach beds too. It would have been so much better to be able to take advantage of all of the beach/pool ammenities.

The food. Where to start? Wow! Yes, Karisma has it down with their 'Gourmet Inclusive' branding. Everything I had off the menu was AMAZING. The food was fresh, presented well and just the right portions. I love that one can order off the menu and still have 'buffet' options in the morning. The fresh squeezed OJ, the juice bar, the fish, I could go on and on. I was bummed that the Mexican and Asian restaurants were not open yet, but that is ok. Everything else was so good!

The staff. Another WOW! Within two hours of being on site, I had been asked my name by the staff, hum? I don't know, numerous times! It's like they actual care about who is staying at the resort and want to make sure to give you personal service. If I didn't like a drink, I was asked if I wanted another one. I didn't care for a dessert, the server made sure I was given something else. The bartenders were entertaining and served up great drinks! The staff in the restaurants were all so attentive. The activities staff had their work cut out for them, since it was raining so much, but they did a great job pulling off fun activities, regardless of the rain. I talked to a groom who was getting married while we were there and he spoke so highly of the wedding coordinators as well. I just cannot describe the level of service at this resort!

Besides the amazing service and food, I loved the fact that Azul Beach is upgrading their resort. After visiting various resorts as a travel agent, it's so great to see companies investing money back into their product lines. I hope that Azul Beach doesn't grow to be a huge resort. The size of it is what makes a guest feel so special and taken care of.

I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: I would go for the new section, but again, the older section isn't that bad. :)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank kmenne
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

(English is not my first language, sorry)

It started very bad: on arrival, we were told that the hotel was overbooked and that we would get a room in another hotel plus a few fancies. I refused and after that the found another victim and we got a room.

Rooms are small but nice.

Several restaurants, nice food, good service. Sometimes noisy (children with uneducated parents). All in. Good cocktails

Nice beach, not enough beds.

Diving facility (not a club) on the beach. Very few divers, I dove twice alone with the divemaster. Nice dive sites.

WiFi in the lobby (fee). Shame

In spite of my critisism, had a good holiday and a nice stay.

Room Tip: first floor!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Duveldrinker
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

we spent our anniversary week at azul beach and after having enjoyed the sensatori very much last year, we thought we knew what to expect, but to our surprise, it was an even more amazing experience. Azul Beach is a smaller property and emphasis is put on service. From our amazing concierge, Melissa, to our beach butler, Hans, to the impeccable service at the restaurants, every experience was more positive than the next. Our room was simply beautiful. They are just completing construction and from what we can see, its poised to be even more lovely than it is now. Karisma has a great standard and we will certainly return.

2 Thank taritag
myrtlebeach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed at azul beach from Sept. 21-28th. The resort is beautiful, but the staff is what makes this resort. We arrived to champagne and cool towels, and were treated like royalty the entire trip. We booked a jr. swim up suite and it was wonderful. This was our first vacation with a baby (14 month old). We were able to swim and hang out in the sun in our swim up while he napped which made it well worth the extra price we paid. Also, Rosealba and Rebeka would deliver us drinks and snacks to our pool. We were in room 704 and loved it because it was the first swim up in the building it had a ledge and you could enter your room from the pool area but not have to get wet. All other swimups you had to go around the building to the back and go through the door. This was great to check on the baby. This resort has the friendliest staff we have ever encountered. Everyone was great, and they were so sweet to our son. At the restaurants, if your baby even made a peep servers were rushing over with toys, and dvd player. And if that wouldn't work they would hold him and walk him around the restaurant while we enjoyed our meal. The food was pretty good everywhere, but our best meals were at Roma. Filet and Risoto were excellent.
We never made it to any shows because our little one fell asleep by 8:00 each night. We did hire Pilar from the kids club to babysit in our room one evening so that we could enjoy an anniversary dinner on the beach. We put our son to sleep, and she sat with him for two hours. It was really romantic. The beach beds were great but with a little one on the move we didn't get to take advantage of them often. We thought the resort and staff were wonderful. It is a fantastic place to go for families with small children. They provided everything we needed. One helpful tip is to bring a bottle brush and a small thing of dish liquid. They provided a bottle sterilizer but we didn't have anything to wash the bottles with. After a few days we were able to obtain some from the main restaurant.
My only complaint ( and it has nothing to do with the resort itself) is the beach. I had read about the seaweed and was expecting it, but no one mentioned the water. If you are like me and love the sparkeling blue water of Cancun/Playa del Carmen you will not find it here. It is ok but not turquoise at all. I was told by staff that it is because of the reef that is right offshore. In all honesty if I had known this before hand I would have probably stayed elsewhere. My favorite part of Mexico is the beautiful turquoise water and I must say that I was disappointed. We vacationed in Cabo a few years ago and had a great time but we have not been back because we missed the beautiful water . All in all it was a wonderful vacation, lovely hotel, and the best staff. Next year we will probably stay in Playa Del Carmen, but I would revisit.

Room Tip: Book in the new section 700, and 800 buildings. 704 was great.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
#2 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,925 reviews
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!